The online racing simulator
World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
World Of Tanks
Does anyone else play this?

http://www.worldoftanks.com/

It's a semi-sim tank-fighting MMO, and it's free (although they have some optional pay content too). You buy tanks and upgrade them using credits and experience gained in battles with other players.

I had my first go last night and it's really good fun. The battles seem to be around 15 on each team and it's a nice mix of newbies in weedy but nimble tanks and veterans in huge hulking behemoths.

http://www.worldoftanks.com/up ... ens/wot_screenshot_01.jpg
http://www.worldoftanks.com/up ... ens/wot_screenshot_02.jpg

EDIT: Holy giant screenshots, Batman!
I was thinking should I play it or should I not, but these graphics don't look any good to me... Am I right?
Downloading
Getting it now, trying it later
#5 - Bean0
Been playing since the beta, can be frustrating at times but is overall good fun.

The graphics are pretty good when cranked up, with good post processing effects for explosions etc. I choose to turn the eyecandy down though, to keep frame rates high.

If you read the official forums, there are some changes coming up and you could get free tanks and extra slots without spending actual cash
Downloading...
Tried it when closed beta was launched. Didnt like it.
#9 - Seb66
Yeah me and my friend played it LOADS before it went live, we had the beta.. we got quite a few heavy tanks.. then It went live and we lost all our content and haven't touched it since .. The upgrade system may be a little complicated (for someone like me anyway) but you get used to it after a while
We also accidentally joined the wrong server.. (US instead of European) and once you select which one you want to use, you can't change back.. So make sure you hit the right one first time .. We loved it anyway
You can't play with friends without paying?
Quote from Bose321 :You can't play with friends without paying?

I just came back to say.. "oh and the reason I stopped playing was...." But you already said it
I was pretty bored with it too after 1 hour :/ The beginning tanks are not even a match for anyone who has a bigger tank - they instantly smash yours and you can't make a dent in them. You also can't play with friends..
Quote from RasmusL :I was pretty bored with it too after 1 hour :/ The beginning tanks are not even a match for anyone who has a bigger tank - they instantly smash yours and you can't make a dent in them. You also can't play with friends..

When you have the tier 1 light tanks, you're pretty much always in a battle with other tier 1 tanks.. maybe one or two tier 2 medium tanks.. So either you just suck epically, or... oh wait, there isn't anything else
Not really though, half the players got like 3-4 kills and had huge tanks that cost over 150k credits when I look in the shop When I hit them, it says "that didn't even scratch him".
Quote from RasmusL :Not really though, half the players got like 3-4 kills and had huge tanks that cost over 150k credits when I look in the shop When I hit them, it says "that didn't even scratch him".

Man up The highest you will come across as a tier 1 tank is probably a BT-2.. and I just killed two of them in my non-upgraded MS-1, and captured the flag with a fellow leichtetrakor who just hid in the shadows whenever another tank came into contact with me..
was playing it when it was Betta and gold(i was using gold for premium... more xp-money and you could play with friends etc) was free...loads of fun stopped playing it though after the official release, paying real money for gold ruined it for me...great game though.
Cool game all about strategy, if you rush in you die, if you sneak around and stick together, you live

Me
Finally got my first kill this evening

Got two in the same round too
Played some much in the beta but when the accounts were wiped with the release I just got bored. Way too much grinding to get anywhere and the grinding is really bad in the beginning.

I don't think the game is even nearly worth the 10 or 15 € per month what they are asking for the prememium account. And you'd still need to spend even more real money to get gold and special tanks.

The game is just plain team deathmatch with tanks. Sure you can play it for free but the grinding makes it no fun. Especially if you have grinded through the lower tiers already in beta...

I'd say if you haven't tried it you should. But without paid account the progress is really slow and you will drive tanks that are just annoyingly weak.

I think my best game was just before the release. My whole team got killed except me and the enemy had 7 tanks. I took em all out with my su85. Was just plain amazing So at best it can be really fun though.
My record is 2, and just bought another tank
It's amazing how much the game changes once you move up from Tier 1 and start to get the different classes in a battle.

It's also crazy watching how fast the BT-2s are as they tear off away from the spawn, they're like sportcars
My record is 4, with my MS-1 with a 45mm.. Currently working my way down the Russian route of:
MS-1, T-26, T-46, T-28, KV.. On the T-26(fully upgraded) right now.. It's pretty shit to say the least. Can't wait for the T-28, that was a beast in Beta. If anyone wants to add me my account name is 'SebastianH'
Also, is there anyway to take screenshots in the game? My print screen button doesn't seem to work at all while WoT is running
Quote from Seb66 :Also, is there anyway to take screenshots in the game? My print screen button doesn't seem to work at all while WoT is running

If you've got Steam, add it as a non-Steam game and then Steam's F12 button works.
Quote from Crashgate3 :If you've got Steam, add it as a non-Steam game and then Steam's F12 button works.

Nooicee one.

World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG