The online racing simulator
World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
Yeah I hate the silly hitbox skins, more of a cheat than a way of helping a new player me thinks.
Personally I would rather learn where the best places to hit are, and it kinda applies to all tanks you fight against. No need for hit boxes, just go and learn abit of history about the tanks...
Help me out here, what are these hitbox skins exactly?
All those white areas on the screenie posted are the 'weak spots' of the tank...places where a penetrating hit will take out a crewmember or module. Ammo Rack and Fuel Tank hits do a hell of a lot of damage and set you on fire.
Ah now I see. Thanks
Anyone using them seen an increase in kill rates. Just purely wondering if they really do any good. In a normal match I can get around 1-3 kills and can top 5 in an easy game :P
Calling me a dirty cheat and now asking if they are any good haha
I've only used them for one game.. it's not really useful for the KV derp cannon, since the crosshair is so big you're going to hit anywhere on their tank.. and if you're in close combat with a derp cannon you gonna get raped!
Quote from Seb66 :Calling me a dirty cheat and now asking if they are any good haha
I've only used them for one game.. it's not really useful for the KV derp cannon, since the crosshair is so big you're going to hit anywhere on their tank.. and if you're in close combat with a derp cannon you gonna get raped!

I've made a few 500m shots with it, and you can track the fast scouty bastards with a near miss too.

I reckon the 107 is the better gun overall on the KV, the 152 is for fun.
Damn......

.....addicted.
Quote from Seb66 :Calling me a dirty cheat and now asking if they are any good haha

Well I didn't say dirty cheater , but was purely asking if your kill rate had increased?
Stug it up your ass :P

Attached images
worldoftanks 2011-09-12 23-16-37-24 copy.JPG
Sweet score I'm really enjoying scouting as a light tank right now Even though I'm usually first to die, it's so much fun dodging all the heavies and running all the way to the enemies base to kill the SPG's and just generally cause havoc
Quote from Seb66 :Sweet score I'm really enjoying scouting as a light tank right now Even though I'm usually first to die, it's so much fun dodging all the heavies and running all the way to the enemies base to kill the SPG's and just generally cause havoc

Small tanks are really fun. I've read on the forums that the A20 is really bad but I'm loving it!
I'm loving the Hummel, much more than the Grille. It's twice the size of the Grille, but with the upgraded engine handles better than a lot of light tanks (I can get up to 45kph in a straight line). You can actually play it like a TD on arty-unfriendly maps like Himmelsdorf.
Quote from adamlfs :Stug it up your ass :P

Nice one, I loved playing the Stug in beta.

Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm loving the Hummel, much more than the Grille. It's twice the size of the Grille, but with the upgraded engine handles better than a lot of light tanks (I can get up to 45kph in a straight line). You can actually play it like a TD on arty-unfriendly maps like Himmelsdorf.

You'll love the GWP even more, it has an even wider firing arc without turning and is pretty much as mobile as the Hummel. Does more damage too

Only drawback really is you end up fighting against T9/10s that you can't even kill with 2 shots.
Hehe, I love the Stug now. When I first bought it I hated it and just played it to grind through to the Jz Panzer. But after playing with the higher tiered TD's I know how to play the TD class better than before, so I bought the Stug again in a way to just earn a good bit of cash. The Tiger I just bought was abit costly
What's the trick with playing TDs? I've tried a couple of lower-tier TDs but I find the lack of a turret so much of a burden I end up losing my temper.

This also happened during the utter hell that was my grind through the M3 Lee, only 10 times worse. 90% of battles I was swearing like Gordon Ramsay being attcked by bees.
I think it's just a case of hide in a bush and hope to shoot things without being spotted.
Or you can support the advancing heavies (yes, it does happen), from a nearby bush of course.
TD's are more of a shoot and scoot game style if your against higher tiered tanks. But in a lower tiered game, just camp up, wait for a target and booom!

You have to remember to just sit tight for most of the game, just let them come to you. The Marder II is a brilliant little TD, if you end up playing the german line of TD's you will find that * I guess this applies to all TD in the game* each has a different style of play to it.
I have now bought the StuG III with my experience.. but I don't know If I should spend my cash on it or keep up saving for the KV3.. To be honest I'll probably make back the money before I get to 25,000 odd experience to get the KV3 haha.
I'm really close to getting the PzKpfw IV as well.. So which should I get? T5 StuGIII or the T5 PzKpfw IV?

Also, regarding the hitbox skins.. Lately I've been put into LOADS of games where I am the lowest tank in the server with my KV (E-75 on top which is T9). The best gun on the KV can hardly even penetrate the tanks in these kinds of games.. so the skins really do help in being able to even slightly damage them which really helps my EXP gain at the end of the round if we win.. So in answer to your question before, my kill rate hasn't increased but I am able to damage and sometimes kill tanks that are on low HP that I normally wouldn't be able too
I would recommend the Pz IV over the Stug. Once you get the L70 it turns into a superb little snipertank, and it has good armour from the front as well.

With the 107, HE is better against the stuff you can't penetrate with AP.
If you are using AP with the 152 then you are doing it wrong
Quote from Bean0 :I would recommend the Pz IV over the Stug. Once you get the L70 it turns into a superb little snipertank, and it has good armour from the front as well.

With the 107, HE is better against the stuff you can't penetrate with AP.
If you are using AP with the 152 then you are doing it wrong

In my post above I was referring to the 107mm Since in T9 games.. the 152mm is just hopeless haha. I do use HE against the higher tanks when I can't penetrate them with the AP

I also realised that I can afford both the Pz IV and the Stug.. So I've got them both haha.
Yeah would agree with Bean0, the Pz IV is a bloody good tank. I have the Pz III/IV and you can easily run around the map almost scouting in a way but can easily take out some higher tiered stuff

With the hitbox skins, I'm tempted but only if I find my Tiger a pain in the ass to get xp with :P
The thing with the Russian heavies, is that the guns are much the same from the KV on.

The KV3 gets the 107 again, also the D10T and the 122mm...both of these only have a small penetration advantage at 175 instead of 167, but the 122 does 450 or so damage with HE. You only get a 122 with better penetration when you reach the IS3.

They did announce that the changes to the Russian heavies will be Q1 2012 now, plenty of time to get the IS4 grind done to take advantage of maximum free stuff if you keep the KV and KV3 too.
Courtesy of a Clanmate of mine, there's a promo going to get 750 Gold, 1 Week Premium, and a free M3 Stuart...

Goto http://login.ign.com/prime/promos/world-of-tanks/preview/

Goto http://login.ign.com/prime/promos/world-of-tanks/index.html
Click download and play, login again, then grab the promo code.

Goto https://game.worldoftanks.eu/account/promocode/
Enter the promo code

Goto https://login.ign.com/Subscribe/Manage/MySubscription.aspx
And tell it to stop renewing the damm IGN thingy (Continue cancellation is at the bottom of the page after you click that)
ngggg.. messed up the signup, cancelled it and it says 'there is a problem with your paypal' when I try again now
Hopefully it's just due to paypal still having the previous session open, so should timeout in a while.

This is a pretty cool little thing I found: http://jts.kapsi.fi/planetwot/playerStats/

Sign up, and it'll compile stats for you as you play, with some nice graphs of your preformance over time.

World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG