The online racing simulator
World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
Try driving off a hill You instantly stop instead of flying off the edge.
Quote from Seb66 :"a bit steeper incline" you mean the inclines that are so steep tanks couldn't possibally get up anyway?

Not really. There are some funny hills, which should be easily done with faster and more powerful tanks, like BT-7
I think it's a limitation of the physics engine. Tanks aren't that likely to ever leave the ground (although I know a fast tank can jump given speed and an appropriate ramp) so it's just not been modelled like that - the tank model hugs the ground at the point of contact. If it was allowed, you'd get silly things like tanks driving happily down vertical inclines.

This is the same reason light tanks are flipped into the air when hit by the heavier guns - the movement of the tank just isn't calculated like that (whereas in LFS it is - an XFG in LFS's engine would certainly be blown across the level if hit by a large force)
I played this a lot during beta

but now after a reset I'm burned out, don't want to retread old ground :/
Got arty now, and love it.... also joined a uk team, which makes the game even better

Mick
Thought I'd bump the thread and let everyone know, you can now create a 2 tank platoon without being premium

I currently have a Hetzer with the 105mm gun and a T-28 with the 5.7mm
I'm still playing it.

Grinding through IS, Tiger and GW Panther at the moment, the next tank in each tree costs 2.5m credits though
Still playing also, will have to add you guys.

Grinding through the VK 3601 (H) to get the Tiger atm and just got the JagdPz IV.

Buying premium here and there to boost the grind
why not play arma for free ??

with all the addons and average pc's spec more then able for a.c.e at full specs...

would it not blow this out of the water ?
What is this arma filth you speak of..

Anyway, I think I'm gonna buy some premium now actually
do a youtube search for Arma 2 online. tiz an epic game. Arma 3 is gonna be something serious. can't wait.
Anybody fancy a game right now? add my username: SebastianH
Quote from Seb66 :Anybody fancy a game right now? add my username: SebastianH

Can you play with friends without paying?
Had my best game since the beta ended last night.

Got half way up the west side of the map and killed a couple there, then realised that the other team had wiped out our east flank so headed back to defend base and pretty much killed their whole team
Attached images
shot_024.jpg
Quote from Bean0 :Had my best game since the beta ended last night.

Got half way up the west side of the map and killed a couple there, then realised that the other team had wiped out our east flank so headed back to defend base and pretty much killed their whole team

Wow bean0 , thats insane. The most I've killed in a match was about 5 lol

I will add ya, maybe we can get some games together

For anyone else playing my ID is, TwinFlow
Rubenzorz my name if you want to add! Dont have lot of time for play lately...
I still play occasionally. My nick is tango_delta. You may have unknowingly heard me say derp in the beginning on match. I'm usually sitting in a glassbox with nukular missiles (su85).
My account name is Joku123. I have PzIV, StuG and Hummel in my garage.
Regarding the posts at the top of the page about the tank physics, one of the upcoming patches (IDK if it's the next one) will update the engine with proper physics for the tanks, so you'll be able to jump them and roll them, and fall off cliffs.

There's a video on Youtube somewhere (I can't get youtube at work so can't get the URL - just search 'World Of Tanks Physics'). They look a little 'floaty' but that's apparently because gravity is at half strength for that video to emphasise the effect.

World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG