The online racing simulator
World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
Quote from Seb66 :Also, is there anyway to take screenshots in the game? My print screen button doesn't seem to work at all while WoT is running

If you have XFire, you can also use it... I think it's Screen Lock + S combination. Also, I think it eats less RAM and CPU power than Steam... Not sure though... :hide:
E: Only 3MB memory consumption (the right word? ) by XFire...
I've never been able to get XFire's take screenshot/record video functions to work
completely forgot about xfire.. Haven't used that in ages! It takes ages getting the cash for a T-46 41,000 down, 30,000 still to go
Just got my Pzkfpwkpkwpwpfkwpf II up to Elite status and now I'm saving for a Wespe, so I can have a go at driving artillery.
Got a bit into it the last 2 days, I have an M7 Priest Artillery is much easier for me if the team is decent. Otherwise the others just rush and smash you in seconds.

Edit: I just played with "Scaven"
Quote from RasmusL : I just played with "Scaven"

Uh oh, this means LFS's progress got slower again...
I want one!
haha, that guy's amazing!

"It is important to remember - don't try this at home - I am a professional russian."
Didn`t realise about the " auto aim " function, got 6 kills after that

Mick
It can be good for moving targets at long/medium range, but I find that at short range, as you get better, you'll want to start targetting different locations on the tank, which you can't do with auto-aim.

Plus there's the slight elitist factor of doing the aiming myself
The auto aim at any speed above a few km/h aims quite badly. At least IMO, you should aim manually
half the time when a tank is speeding past at long/mid range u gotta shoot like a tank length in front, so its pretty useless.. I only use it at really close range when im speeding around scouting and just ****in up the other teams arty
1st time i got wasted by arty yesterday, gonna get me one of those
If I should give you one tip, it's that you shouldn't go the US SPG way I have an M7 Priest and it just seems that especially the Russian SPGs are much better. I'm hoping it changes further up..
Gotta say this game is brilliant, thanks for posting it up here

I used to play Red Orchestra, and the tank simulation in that was great. This is just a blast to play since it's all about tanks lol

Gotta say I was abit lost at the start of the game but kinda got to grips with what you do about leveling up and exp stuff.
Just a little tip too.. if you dont have premium, and you want to play with a mate. If you're in the same TS/Vent or whateva just count down 3,2,1 Go and on go both press the battle button (person who is listening has to press a little earlier due to delay) 1/2 - 3/4 the time you will be in the same game (if you're using the same tanks)
So if you go premium, you can rent a server like LFS and play as a team ?
Quote from Mikjen :So if you go premium, you can rent a server like LFS and play as a team ?

If you've got premium.. you can invite people to be in your "platoon". That means when you press the battle button which puts you in a random server you will all be togeather
Just bought my Wespe, I'm really enjoying playing Artillery, it's like a completely different game.
It doesn't allow you to drive on steeper uphills or descends, lame. Only possible to move on absolutely flat terrain.
Quote from KiRmelius :Only possible to move on absolutely flat terrain.

Um.. what?

You can drive up and down inclines, run over things, drive through buildings.
Try going up a bit steeper incline or descend. Tank stops like it hit a wall.
"a bit steeper incline" you mean the inclines that are so steep tanks couldn't possibally get up anyway?

World Of Tanks
(520 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG