The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Quote from Killer Beast :Damn, just lost lots of stuff again, thanks to lava

This is why you need a bucket of water (or two) when you go mining.
Quote from thisnameistaken :This is why you need a bucket of water (or two) when you go mining.

Why? If you mine in tunnels you mine straight which means that the lava would flow towards you. Since the lava does that really slowly you can place blocks to prevent that from happening. That is also why I do not mine up or straight down.

When I did mine...
Agree with Mamoru. As long as you always mine 2-3 blocks ahead you should be able to throw some dirt in to block the flow.

Honestly, do any of you guys use X-ray texture packs?
The only texture pack I've got is my player skin XD
Quote from Rappa Z :Agree with Mamoru. As long as you always mine 2-3 blocks ahead you should be able to throw some dirt in to block the flow.

Honestly, do any of you guys use X-ray texture packs?

thats pretty lame imo...also, makes the game look pretty stupid.. XD
It's pretty easy to accidentally set yourself on fire with lava. I always carry a bucket of water. Learned that one the hard way
Quote from mamoru :Why? If you mine in tunnels you mine straight which means that the lava would flow towards you. Since the lava does that really slowly you can place blocks to prevent that from happening. That is also why I do not mine up or straight down.

When I did mine...

With water you can turn it to obsidian, and if things do go wrong you can put yourself out. It's easier to make progress through a lot of lava by turning it into something you can walk on than it is to try to place blocks all over it.

And anyway if you were going to use a block against lava you'd be better off with sand or gravel, so you can fill up the lava pool from the top and then mine it out to see if there's anything good underneath. It's a lot easier to fill up a lava pool with blocks that have gravity.
Anyway buckets of water is for girls, die like a man. xD
pc fixed.
so full access again. yay
I haven't been on for ages, I would like to check out what people have made since the new updates.

I like that artifacts mod, it seems like it would really add some motivation to mine other than just ore.
They posted that pic on facebook with the comment "Yeah, the level generator isn't exactly tweaked for 512 height:"
Hunger meter! NEAT! Minecraft is coming along to become a real game. I look forward to it.
Whose is the giant smoothstone submarine? It's impressive considering that you couldn't have duped the blocks for it, it's massive. :jawdrop:
I wonder how long it takes till they sell their engine to Lego. Seems like a perfect fit.

Heartpieces ... I've seen those before
I hope the hunger meter BS can be turned off... Otherwise it'll just keep me making mad when it has no use tbh
Quote from thisnameistaken :Whose is the giant smoothstone submarine? It's impressive considering that you couldn't have duped the blocks for it, it's massive. :jawdrop:

Well it's mine if there were two lava towers nearby. Glad you recognized it to be a submarine. I think I should have made even longer because it looks a bit obese but I've already lenghtened it once so meh.
Quote from ACCAkut :I wonder how long it takes till they sell their engine to Lego. Seems like a perfect fit.

You mean Mojang with "they"? I guess never. Lego does not want that... they do not want creative games with their Logo on it. Years ago when Blockland looked like Lego the creator of this fantastic Game talked to Lego and after that he had to alter the game that it does not look like Lego anymore. The community (and I´m sure the creator) hoped, that there will be a deal with Lego. Unfortunately this did not happen.

Now, years after that I think I know why. Lego created Lego Universe. A game where you do not need any creativity at all, where you can´t build anything close to amazing. I think they do this on purpose... and hope that the only way to build fantastic stuff will be with Lego and not in computer games. But now we have Minecraft... and Blockland is still there (although it does look a bit awkward now) and Lords of Uberdark looks promising too.
Quote from nikopdr :I hope the hunger meter BS can be turned off... Otherwise it'll just keep me making mad when it has no use tbh

You didn't notice the experience bar? -.-
Quote from Hyperactive :Well it's mine if there were two lava towers nearby. Glad you recognized it to be a submarine. I think I should have made even longer because it looks a bit obese but I've already lenghtened it once so meh.

Haha.

Yeah I saw the beginnings of it months ago - I dug a tunnel for an hour or so and when I decided to surface I came up in the sea right next to it, but then it was just the outline. This time I was taking the long way home from my second home and BOOM - giant submarine!

Very impressive.
I think I may have found your tunnel entrance a while back

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG