The online racing simulator
I don't understand why its getting repaved, I realize once tracks start falling apart its time to repave but what's wrong with Michigan right now? Sure its slippery but the race is always pretty good there. I just hope they leave the banking and everything how it is now, sure it will be "ruined" for a couple years when they repave but please don't ruin it forever by screwing with the banking.
Banking was supposedly accidental to begin with. It wasn't suppose to be variable banking, it just somehow happened. With the repaving, I don't think that "accident" will happen again. That characteristic will ruin the track and make it as terrible as Fontana.

Old and slippy make the best tracks, and Michigan hasn't exactly got to that stage yet, so no idea why they would even think about repaving.
I did hear them mention during practice today how much grip the track has lost actually, I always thought that as a good thing though. They weren't talking about the repaving when they said this, just about the track in general. Oh well, now I'm even more glad we made that random trip out to Michigan last year before it got paved.
Woot woot, I won segment 1 of the Fantasy league.

Not doing so great though at the start of segment 2, going with a bit of aggression today.
**** Denny Hamlin.
That's the spirit!
I forgot all about the fantasy thing for a couple weeks there. Looks like I'm off to a decent start for segment 2 though, 2nd place overall.
Yeah once I had a strong lead I stopped changing mine, as I must've had a sweet combination. However it looks like segment two started and we start from scratch, which I didn't know about, so I'm going to pay alittle more attention again.
Sounds like Red Bull is gone as a sponsor next year. Now if we could just get rid of Toyota as a whole...
Yeah, I'm curious to what will happen next year with many many free drivers sitting around.
I wonder if more guys would do what Elliot Sadler did and go back to running Nationwide full time if they can't find a decent Cup ride. I really have no problem with that, I just don't like guys running both at the same time.
I'll make the only predictions I could think of, but here goes:

HMS: Kahne takes #5 car.
S/H Racing: Creates 3rd car (funded by HMS) to run Mark Martin.
Roush: All stay.
JGR: Create 4th car for Vickers.
Kahne to the #5 is a definite thing.

I don't see Mark Martin going to SHR. I saw rumors that him and some other dude could buy the former Red Bull team and run that. I could see him doing that and running a partial schedule in one of two cars for that team.

I would rather see Vickers go to SHR, not sure it would happen though, Tony seems like he needs a big sponsor to run a third car and I'm afraid that will only happen if he signs Danica to run Cup down the road. I don't really see Vickers ending up with JGR for whatever reason.

For Rousch, I agree they'll all stay there. Edwards' contract is up after this year but he's got a good thing going being able to run Nationwide whenever he wants along with Cup, I don't see him going anywhere.

Who else has a contract up? Jayski or someone needs a list of when everyone's contracts are expiring.
SONOMA!!!111!!!!1eleven!!!
What a weird Nationwide race yesterday... wow... Fellows made that whole thing confusing.. I'm glad NASCAR made the right call (like they usually do).

I WOULD say that Martin might help buy Red Bull, but Mark has always been against Toyota (correct me if I am wrong). Stewart's Team might be a good fit for him, but I don't see that being competitive if it happens, and I really don't see it happening.
Montoya was driving more agressivly than half of the people on LFS today... which is saying something!
I mean... it is Montoya.
That race had everything but a close finish.
-
(Cornys) DELETED by Cornys : Double post... fail
Quote from PMD9409 :That race had everything but a close finish.

Pretty much

Quote from PMD9409 :This is coming from a Dale and Bill Elliott fan. Anyone who watched NASCAR in the 80s would understand.

I wasn't around in that time, but watching from '97 on (as a kid due to my age, but I did watch in a pretty hardcore fashion :razz I still hated him
Who do you guys think will win at Daytona?
Might as well pick a name out of a hat, you never know at Daytona. Junior has been running decent this season though.
Trevor Bayne
Jamie McMurray.

It's a crap shoot, but I picked him to win those two years and he did, so maybe 3rd time will be the charm.
Nah, it belongs to the gender you are attracted to, male.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG