The online racing simulator
BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
Quote from John5200 :This is pointless. All games that release on several platforms will always look veeeery similar. I mean this game is called on no platform "Battlefield 2.5", so it will look on every platform very similar.

Another example is crysis 2. It had more potential but they had to limit the PC version because it has to look on every platform similar.

(will get BF3 on pc though because of obvious reasons )

DICE have said it will be the other way round this time. PC will be used to all its potential, and console will just have to make do with whatever they are capable of these days.

So no, it wont look the same.

"...would have failed wit ... th looked identical"

In other words, quit whining. The consoles are 5/6 years old, dont expect us to bring down the game on the PC just to cater to you. Thanks, bye.
Quote from Boris Lozac :And what obvious differences do you see there..

Proper shadows (no squared shadows).
AA
Nicer (smoother) lighting.
Higher resolution textures (ground, buildings, etc)
Different (nicer, more destructable) buildings

Walls for example; on PC you see real texture in them whereas the PS3 version looks just flat. The fences look real, the palm trees look real, whereas the PS3 version is just not the same.

Edit: Console footage is only 720p @ 30FPS (Confirmed).
Quote from DevilDare :DICE have said it will be the other way round this time. PC will be used to all its potential, and console will just have to make do with whatever they are capable of these days.

So no, it wont look the same.

"...would have failed wit ... th looked identical"

In other words, quit whining. The consoles are 5/6 years old, dont expect us to bring down the game on the PC just to cater to you. Thanks, bye.

lol...

I never said the games will look the same. I said they look very similar (look at the ps3 vid it´s the exact same animations, the same models, but with worse shadows, lightning etc) you can still see in the first millisecond: THIS IS BATTLEFIELD 3. That´s what I call very similar. And in the post I mad just after the one you quoted I even confirmed that the pc version looks better.

Sorry if my point wasn´t very clear I just wanted to say that the 360 version would never look "horrid". The difference between ps3 and 360 will be like always very minor. I know this game is made for pc (in fact BF3 is the only game, I know from that has better lightning on pc then on the other versions). And I love that since I love playing on pc and as posted will get the game for pc.

About "all it´s potential". What is all the potential of a pc? There is not the one and only pc that you can squeeze every bit of computing power out of.

And I´m not whining... I´m just saying how it will most probably will be.
Quote from Bose321 :Proper shadows (no squared shadows).
AA
Nicer (smoother) lighting.
Higher resolution textures (ground, buildings, etc)
Different (nicer, more destructable) buildings

Walls for example; on PC you see real texture in them whereas the PS3 version looks just flat. The fences look real, the palm trees look real, whereas the PS3 version is just not the same.

Edit: Console footage is only 720p @ 30FPS (Confirmed).

In a nutshell, not much difference With a hardware from 2006 it looks pretty much the same
30fps 720p vs 60fps antialiased 2560x1600, along with superior controllers (kbmouse) to go with it? I think I know which option I'd go for.
Can I get a P? Can I get a C? Can I get a pre-order please!
Quote from Boris Lozac :In a nutshell, not much difference With a hardware from 2006 it looks pretty much the same

Sure, whatever.
Quote from Matrixi :30fps 720p vs 60fps antialiased 2560x1600, along with superior controllers (kbmouse) to go with it? I think I know which option I'd go for.

Damn right.
Quote from spankmeyer :Can I get a P? Can I get a C? Can I get a pre-order please!

Can I get a LFSForum BF3 PC-Clan?
Quote from Bose321 :Sure, whatever.

Didn't mean it in a fanboy way.. i'm just making fun of your sig and guys that endlessly upgrade their system for games, why? for a bit more pixels on the screen..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Didn't mean it in a fanboy way.. i'm just making fun of your sig and guys that endlessly upgrade their system for games, why? for a bit more pixels on the screen..

What's so funny about my sig? My rig hasn't been upgraded in years (except for some HDD's, coolers and small things like that) so your argument is invalid.
Well, that's like 2500 euros worth of hardware there not including peripherals..
I agree with Boris here.

I have a Q6600 (still it's an OK CPU) but only 2GB of RAM and a ATI 2900HD graphics card which let my system down. Sure I could stick a newer gfx card and another 2GB of RAM but I don't have the money.

My PC works for Battlefield Play4Free, even played through Crysis 2 on medium graphics and it was fine, works for Flight Sim X when I can find time to play it and also runs my movies and web browsing fine. All the fancy DX9934343 games with 3483x1231389438943 resolution pixel maps for 1024bit textures I will just buy for the PS3 and play on that.

I will eventually upgrade my PC with new hardware but that's not important because for my needs at the moment it's fine, and it's the same sort of story with everyone else.

I can't justify spending so much money on a PC when I can buy a game which will work fresh out of the box (no need for any "upgrades") on a console.

So what the graphics are a little worse, they're only probably 10-20% (at worst) better on a PC where as the cost difference between the console and the PC is probably 75% so tell me who's the smart one....
So um, I heard PC's are only for gaming. They can't do anything else. At least Jamie told me so as an excuse why he won't pay more for a PC than he does for a console.

Also, Bose321's hardware is worth 700 euros at most, if by "without any peripherals" Boris meant only the tower.
lol, 700 euros, two cards, quadcore, 2tb drives, how much is the motherboard etc.. and that's now, ask him how much was it when he bough it..
Quote from E.Reiljans :So um, I heard PC's are only for gaming. They can't do anything else. At least Jamie told me so as an excuse why he won't pay more for a PC than he does for a console.

I paid 150 quid for my PS3, new. D: My PC has about £650 of hardware in it. That's what the CPU, ram, graphics card and Mobo cost me. I'm just saying that for the same price as it costs for a PS3 AND an Xbox 360 (£400) you'd not be able to get a computer able to play games properly. So there.

Quote :Also, Bose321's hardware is worth 700 euros at most, if by "without any peripherals" Boris meant only the tower.

Yeah you can't get that hardware for that price, maybe in Latvia where everything is stolen......
Quote from Boris Lozac :lol, 700 euros, two cards, quadcore, 2tb drives, how much is the motherboard etc.. and that's now, ask him how much was it when he bough it..

700 Eur = 1000 USD, right? Google tells me I am.

2 drives cause RAID-0 gives serious performance boost (seq. reads/writes 1.5 times faster than useless overpriced VelociRaptor's).

I can't see that being unable to run Crysis 2 maxed out at full HD with 4x AA.
Are you guys freaking serious?

How about some re-search on pricing instead of posting this crap.

You can get a very good gaming rig for around 600 pounds. Even less if you have the essentials like tower etc.

If you seriously paid 650 for that system of yours Jamie, then you sir, got royally ripped off. Either that, or you are a freaking retard. Or both.

(Unless you bought it a very long time ago)
Yeah I didn't buy it last week, I bought the Q6600 about 3 days after it came out because I waited for the SLACR version. I think I mention that in a previous post somewhere (that it's an old system)

Perhaps you'd bear some thought to the fact I'm not a technological retard before trying to get some cheap shot off in my general direction (you have a terrible aim and I have a terrible problem with premature ejaculation)
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well, that's like 2500 euros worth of hardware there not including peripherals..

Quote from Boris Lozac :lol, 700 euros, two cards, quadcore, 2tb drives, how much is the motherboard etc.. and that's now, ask him how much was it when he bough it..

You do realise it's not really new like I told? I doubt you can even buy any parts I own apart from HDD, Case, Fans and such small things nowadays.

@Shadoww, that's not the rig I got (or any close). Seems much faster, for alot less. So you got no point there either Boris.

I don't actually have an idea how much it costed at the time (would have to look it up), but really, I do much more with my PC then just play games.

oh, and I don't have 2TB drives (yet(need some soon:P))). I got 3 1TB drives.
Quote from Bose321 :@Shadoww, that's not the rig I got (or any close). Seems much faster, for alot less. So you got no point there either Boris.

Yeah well, I just wanted to show him what 700 euros can buy. That configuration could run BF3 maxed out with alot of antialiasing, I am sure. :3
That's not the point, try running it with 2006 pc.
I am sure a decent 2006 PC (which, of course, will be way more expensive than PS3, cause it can do other things besides running games, and it's good at calculating integers too, not just floats) would run it at 720p with no antialiasing and bad details just fine.
A 2006 PC would struggle with video editing (thus it stands to reason, it'd struggle to do serious number crunching too) due to CPU architecture back then. The Core2Duo and Quad core jobbies came out in 2007 I think (cause I was working at Sainsburys at the time and that's when I bought them) so the best you could get would be a Dual core Pentium 4 which was crap.

Oh yeah Shadowww over here you'd need to add 20% to the total price for that hardware because of VAT so you're looking at about £800. You could buy a New PS3, A 360 and have enough for a mid range computer.

chikaplow.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh yeah Shadowww over here you'd need to add 20% to the total price for that hardware because of VAT

I'm pretty sure it's a fixable thing.

Also, Core2 Duo came out in 2006.
I for myself like to keep everything in one place: PC.
Quote from E.Reiljans :I'm pretty sure it's a fixable thing.

Also, Core2 Duo came out in 2006.

Point about VAT still stands. As I said here those components would cost 20% more.

BattleField 3
(1935 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG