The online racing simulator
New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
Why does everybody have new LFSW times and first time/car while this isn't correct at all? Currently on KY1...

* hhmm seems OK now.
Among all, the fps issue has been significantly improved
Thank you for all the improvements and new features!
Many thanks for this patch

The test patches and this update were a good reason for me to try some races in LFS again!
Quote from Scawen :Dear LFS Racers,

We are pleased to announce a new version of Live for Speed with many updates and improvements. The new tyre physics model is still in development, so this version uses the old tyres but with an improved collision system, open track configurations, free view mode, and much more. It provides some interesting new features for LFS racers, while we continue our development. Thanks to our forum members for testing over the last eight weeks!

Some new things in 0.6B :

- New free view mode and layout editor - not bounded by the path
- Improved collisions with objects, barriers, cars, pit garage exit
- Open track configurations allowing you to drive anywhere
- You can now place up to 800 objects to create circuits
- Blue flags, qualifying, race positions list are supported
- New objects added - all objects available at all tracks
- Collision detection and reporting system (via InSim)
- Graphical optimisations improving frame rates
- Adjustable tyre warmers for hot lapping
- Many other fixes and improvements
[...]

- LFS Devs

Well done!

*thumbs up*
Thanks for the feedback. I'm pleased the patch is going well.

Quote from DjBlueIce :Thanks for work Scawen. I have a problem, when selecting GT2 cars on AIRIO, the lapper shut down himself. this happen only with new patch. Any suggestion?

I don't know exactly what you mean, but I think the best person to ask would be EQ Worry, the AIRIO programmer.

Quote from Deutschland2007 :Btw, when will the "failed" hotlaps from this list be deleted? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1603885#post1603885

Quote from vourliotis :Scawen, i am wondering of some invalid WRs that are still here.
For example those at SO3, some of them are invalid and there is no way to beat it with the new patch.
They must deleted...

Victor has now started the hotlap checker. There are around 56,000 hotlaps and it takes a few seconds to check each hotlap, so it will take a few days.
yessss i am in top 5 on to combos .

This patch seems pretty good, i did notice thought if you drive as fast as possible through KY pits and hit the cone at the end you do a barrel roll will upload spr l8r

Now scawen I demand s3 :d
ah I tell you that there new WR
No information about backwards compatability with Z28 hosts. Any comments?
there is no backwards compatibility

0.5 <-> 0.5
0.6 <-> 0.6
There is a small mention in the README_6B.txt file.

0.6B is NOT compatible with version 0.5Z28.
0.6B CAN play most version 0.5Z28 replays.

There is no backwards compatibility with Z28 hosts. 0.5 and 0.6 versions cannot possibly connect online because there are too many changes. Z28 hosts should all upgrade - I can't think of any reason to stay with Z28.
Scawen, Thanks for the update, the separately thanks for hot lapping.
#62 - SJB
Quote from Bigbob1993 :Well, improved collision system mean improved physics so I´m quite happy with this patch(except the pits wall shown on replay somwhere above me)

btw. red barrier bug was legendary... shouldnt there be some console command to activate this bug?

P.S. almost forgot... Great work

you still fly hit the side of a barrier / armco

even the pit exit wall at BL1X makes you fly away

Edit: Its better than before but I wouldnt call this "fixed"
I'm REALLY happy that you have been working so hard Scawen, you deserve a metal in my eyes. You make a community of thousands happy with your involvement. Keep it up. We won't leave your side!
Good work! Tho I found an issue. When playing on the BL1 Car Park in the open config, (was trying to see if that barrier in the entrance is there or not) if the car turns too far in either direction the game crashes. This seams to happen to me in any car. This is the only track it has happened on so far. Anyone else having this issue?
Quote from Scawen :I can't think of any reason to stay with Z28.

We don't plan on it. It'll just take a week or so for our server provider to make the change.
Quote from DjBlueIce :I have a problem, when selecting GT2 cars on AIRIO, the lapper shut down himself. this happen only with new patch. Any suggestion?

Please use updated InSim library file(s) that you can download here.
Quote from EQ Worry :Please use updated InSim library file(s) that you can download here.

Many thanks, now everything is ok
asking developers
Is this the first Beta release of this game?

I asking it because the Alpha word is dissapeared from ewerywhere from the game , from notes inside game , from name of the game , from opening screen etc.
Quote from Ki-Men :Is this the first Beta release of this game?

I asking it because the Alpha word is dissapeared from ewerywhere from the game , from notes inside game , from name of the game , from opening screen etc.

I think they are just dropping the whole alpha/beta tags because LFS doesn't really follow the "normal" steps of software development.
I believe the alpha tag was taken off somewhere between the Z16 to Z25 patches... Nothing to do with a specific beta release, iirc, more to do with LFS being very very stable.

Maybe time to install this mother again... thanks for the updates (and the email to remind me i used to play this thing!)

- Last Visited: 6th November 2008
Quote from Silverracer :I believe the alpha tag was taken off somewhere between the Z16 to Z25 patches... Nothing to do with a specific beta release, iirc, more to do with LFS being very very stable.

this was is readme file before this patch
Quote :Live for Speed S2 ALPHA 0.5Z
============================

Welcome to Live for Speed - www.lfs.net

Important :
-----------
This is Live for Speed S2 ALPHA.

Quote from Ki-Men :this was is readme file before this patch

Nope it was 0.5Z28. He is right (although I don´t know the exact test patch they threw the alpha out)
Quote :Live for Speed S2 0.5Z28
========================

Welcome to Live for Speed - www.lfs.net

Important :
-----------
This is Live for Speed S2.

Quote from Scawen :
One thing we discussed was the possibility of just calling the software "Live for Speed 0.6A" and forget about the Alpha / Beta tag. It's very stable software so doesn't really need those tags. There are several things that can be improved and added but that is beside the point. I hope that explains a bit more what we are thinking. The version number being less than 1.0 does express that it still has a way to go.

Btw why does it say on lfs.net "S2 6B" and not "S2 0.6B" :/
This thread is closed

New Version : 0.6B
(479 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG