The online racing simulator
Quote from Flame CZE :It's not available in hotlap mode.

Hehe! Beat me to it. I didn't realise I was in hotlap mode. Thanks.
Ok, Im having some sort of issue, Ive unpacked the Z28 to Z34 files properly but everytime I try to connect to the Master Server, specifically when Im trying to go online or unlock my S2 account, it will not connect and foces me back to the main screen after sending me a an "Error cannot conect to master server" message.

I was just playing LFS online on Z28 2 minutes before I unpacked the files, any idea what I did wrong?
Quote from HateSkylines :Ok, Im having some sort of issue, Ive unpacked the Z28 to Z34 files properly but everytime I try to connect to the Master Server, specifically when Im trying to go online or unlock my S2 account, it will not connect and foces me back to the main screen after sending me a an "Error cannot conect to master server" message.

I was just playing LFS online on Z28 2 minutes before I unpacked the files, any idea what I did wrong?

I would suggest trying again after a few minutes, and seeing if your firewall isn't blocking LFS, or any of its vital ports(anyone has to correct me, in case LFS doesn't have any "vital ports"). Could also be your router. Maybe you need to forward the needed("vital") ports on it, or see if the firewall on it too, is not blocking anything. Or even both.

E: Also, forgot to add that the master server is up. As I was able to connect to a server just at the time of writing this post.
Quote from HateSkylines :Ok, Im having some sort of issue, Ive unpacked the Z28 to Z34 files properly but everytime I try to connect to the Master Server, specifically when Im trying to go online or unlock my S2 account, it will not connect and foces me back to the main screen after sending me a an "Error cannot conect to master server" message.

Did you reinstall your s2? You have to re-enter your username and password... For me it seems like you try going to the S2 server, but you haven't unlocked your s2.
Quote from War :Did you reinstall your s2? You have to re-enter your username and password... For me it seems like you try going to the S2 server, but you haven't unlocked your s2.

No, its does it when Im unlocking my S2 license. My firewall was turned off when I went to go online, and nothing has changed over the day...still says it cant connect to Master Server.

I'll let you know if anything comes up.
Thanks!
Quote from Scawen :...

Scawen, one more small but useful request if possible. Being involved in an upshift debate in the hotlapping spinoff thread a problem that I noticed a long time ago has resurfaced. There is no way to export a .raf file on the dragstrip since you can only export your 2nd lap with the current system. Is there an easy way to fix the ability to export a starting lap of any race (but especially drag strip races since there you can't do really do a 2 lap race anyway)?

Pretty please.
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Victor : no longer needed after other post was deleted
Ok, most people here discuss this, and comments on it.

I just want to say thanks, so Thank you LFS team, you are doing an epic job, by keeping this awesome simulator up-to-date!
Bug?: Shouldn't the node number be zero at the start line, and then add up from there?

Quote from Dygear :But yes, this is correct, 0 is not always the start line, unfortunately. I'm tempted to submit this as a bug, so we can at least get a reason why this happened.

Quote from avetere :Yeah, I was about ask that too, especially since nodes aren't shared between configs (which would at least have been an explanation).

Hey guys. I have same problem like JUKADU says :"I had to activate the game again missing an activation. Now I have one free activation." What i need to do? i need pay more money ? Or when i get activation back??? It breake my heart...
Quote from Rynno666 :Hey guys. I have same problem like JUKADU says :"I had to activate the game again missing an activation. Now I have one free activation." What i need to do? i need pay more money ? Or when i get activation back??? It breake my heart...

You get an extra unlock added every friday, see the faq

http://www.lfs.net/?page=faq&id=33
PS : please Scawen make this, that we get Z35with FXR and... h shifter
I found a little mistake. I'm posting it here as it doesn't seem to be hard to correct...

In Options -> Controls, in reserved keys, it says SHIFT + F2 - slow down a replay and SHIFT + F3 - speed up a replay but now it's only F2 and F3.

Hello, devs! I want to request some new "addon" for the dedicated hosts, especially for the guests and admins in it. So this is my question: Is it possible to allow that guests and admins can choose layout on the dedi server, not only the host? Because it is really embarrassing to ask the host every time, to change the layout for you. I hope you understand me.
Quote from krkriv :Is it possible to allow that guests and admins can choose layout on the dedi server, not only the host?

Search for "Autocross layout commands" in docs\Commands.txt

You will need /axlist and /axload
Quote from Dygear :Bug?: Shouldn't the node number be zero at the start line, and then add up from there?

That is not a bug, it has always been that way. The way you suggest would be sort of nice but wouldn't work in all cases.

- Reversed tracks may have the finish line in a different place, but use the same nodes.

- Drag strip... it just wouldn't work at all for non-looped tracks, whose path must run from zero to X and the start and finish (which are different) must be in there somewhere.
Quote from Scawen :
- Reversed tracks may have the finish line in a different place, but use the same nodes.

But we do have separate pth-files for reversed configs, so, where's the point?
(This isn't meant to sound as rude as it does; I'm just curious!)

Quote :- Drag strip... it just wouldn't work at all for non-looped tracks, whose path must run from zero to X and the start and finish (which are different) must be in there somewhere.

Yeah, that might be right, but nevertheless, the effect at Dragstrip is: Being on the same lap (which is obviously always true on the drag) you can always say who is in front of the other, simply by comparing nodenumbers (as they go from 0 to x).
This is not true for the other tracks, where finishline is quite in the middle of nowhere. While it might not be a great deal to consider the corresponding nodenumber, it still is a calculation worth eliminating.
Thus (as I understand it, which might be totally dumb) it might even be enough to make 0 the first node of a lap and finishline the last (or one in the middle as for dragstrip/unlooped tracks), not?
Quote from avetere :But we do have separate pth-files for reversed configs, so, where's the point?
(This isn't meant to sound as rude as it does; I'm just curious!)

Maybe you do, but I don't.

Remember, LFS came before InSim. LFS paths are created as a looped path with an arbitrary start and end point. This path contains lighting info, echo info, visible objects info and so on. These are generated in one direction only and they are flipped for the reverse path. Eric might change the position of the finish line and there is no need to regenerate the path. There is absolutely no need for the finish line to be at node zero, and I can't write the code to assume that in a general case, so there has never been a need to rearrange the paths to align with the finish line, and move all the data around between nodes when the path is flipped. The work involved for that would be quite tremendous and have bug potential, when all you need to do is subtract the finish line from your car's path node, if you want to find its position relative to the finish line.

relative_node = (lfs_reported_node + num_nodes - finish_line_node) % num_nodes;

I can write that in 10 seconds but it would be days of work to try and rearrange the way it is represented internally in LFS.
Quote from Scawen :Maybe you do, but I don't.

Whoohoo, we have stuff, the boss doesn't :bananalla
No, seriously, I was thinking, as you ship those (inside smx-folder), you were also using them ...
Actually we don't know, what is influenced by those numbers and what is not, that's why we ask. Seems it is more complex than we imagined, so nevermind
Quote from Scawen : It would create a disproportionate delay in the release of the patch, which I am trying to get out as fast as possible, so I won't be doing that in this version. It would be better to do it in a 100% incompatible future update that cannot play old replays and so on.

Good news and sound thinking, Scawen. It's certainly too "late" in the patch's work schedule to revise that feature, it's better to go forward with what your team already has, be done with it and think about what to do next...afterwards.

Looking forward for this patch!

Cheers,
Miguel
Quote from avetere :Whoohoo, we have stuff, the boss doesn't :bananalla
No, seriously, I was thinking, as you ship those (inside smx-folder), you were also using them ...

Yes, it's quite confusing - in smx folder, there are all configs (also with reversed) and in pth folder, there are only S2 tracks without reversed configs
Quote from Scawen : Now you can select up to 30 objects at a time, using CTRL+click.

Would it be possible to have click and drag select? Like.. Say there's a random pile of cones in the middle of your track you just drag box over them to select sort of thing..

Just a suggestion

Thanks for all the good work
Not for this patch. Although your suggestion is good and on-topic, I could go on for months and months like that. But now I am just finishing what I have to, to release the patch.
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, it's quite confusing - in smx folder, there are all configs (also with reversed) and in pth folder, there are only S2 tracks without reversed configs

Just so you know - the pth files in the smx folder are complete main path files (without any extra data) included for the track selection screen, and also for programmers to use. The pth files in the pth folder are just pit lane paths for the AI to enter and exit the pit lane. When that part of the AI was updated, all tracks needed to be updated with pit lane paths. To keep the download smaller we just saved the pit lane paths for the tracks which were not being updated in any other way. But as they are for LFS's internal use, only one direction is needed.
LoL never came across this one ... I guess I must always have instinctly used the one in smx-folder
Scawen

I once read something about improved AI.

Any chance to have that anywhere soon?

Thanks for working so hard!
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG