The online racing simulator
Thanks Scawen for extend the qual time up to 240minutes. I want to add something about this, doing the same with mustpit comand.

We could force by lfs to stop X times instead of just mustpit on/off. Actually, in leagues, if some user forget to do the second stop, he wins race, causing LFS Stats with incorrect data, and more fails derivated from this.

To keep more compatibility with actual host setus, could work in this way:

/mustpit=
yes-> 1 stop
no-> 0 stop
And now add numerical options..
0-> 0 stops
2-> 2 stops

I hope to be possible and easy to implement.

Thanks in advance.
Quote from Scawen :FIX : It was possible to set qualifying on an autocross layout

i thought that was a good thing...?
Quote from bunder9999 :i thought that was a good thing...?

I don't think so, but I will explain in more detail to make sure I'm not missing something.

In the version you have, you can't set qualifying on an open configuration, even if lap timing is enabled, for racing purposes. That is now possible. That uses a layout, but it's not "autocross" because it doesn't have a start position.

But that bug fix you quoted - it was that you could use the /qual command if you created an actual autocross layout, with a start position (but not in the game setup screen - only with the /qual command). But that is an individual time trial event, so qualifying doesn't make any sense in that case.
another bug on Kyoto ring
Attached images
lfs_00000003.jpg
Quote from numbazZ :another bug on Kyoto ring

Well spotted. I can tell you now that this hasn't been posted 6 thousand times already....
Quote from Scawen :I don't think so, but I will explain in more detail to make sure I'm not missing something.

In the version you have, you can't set qualifying on an open configuration, even if lap timing is enabled, for racing purposes. That is now possible. That uses a layout, but it's not "autocross" because it doesn't have a start position.

But that bug fix you quoted - it was that you could use the /qual command if you created an actual autocross layout, with a start position (but not in the game setup screen - only with the /qual command). But that is an individual time trial event, so qualifying doesn't make any sense in that case.

so regular autocross layouts (think BNJ) shouldn't be affected? kinda confusing with the autocross word being thrown around a lot.
Strange. Looks like I can't make any more movies, when recording with Fraps my fps drops to 3. Never happened before. Lowering graphics, v-sync off, lower resolution, updating Fraps, make sure I got enough disk space for Fraps, no other programs running that's consuming the CPU.. not much seems to help. But since I've seen a few videos that has been made after these updates I do believe it's my computer. Sad, sad.

Awesome to see updates anyhow. :]
Reset bug
Hey scawen,

First what i have to say is thanks for youre hard work.

I fount a little ''reset'' bug on Oval.
When i stay on the side of the track and ill try to reset, my car placed outsite the track.

i added the replay: (you have to look by 1 min.)
bug by...restet.mpr
Attached files
bug by...restet.mpr - 67.6 KB - 360 views
Quote from Squelch :Will multiple object selection have clipboard support?

I'm thinking that some layout features could be copied between two instances of LFS in editor mode using this feature.

This would probably be possible somehow but it's not really easy so I won't do that in this version.

Quote from felplacerad :Well, perhaps it indeed will be possible if LFS keeps the "clipboard" in memory when loading a new layout. ie:

1) Load the source layout
2) Copy the objects of choice
3) Load the "destination" layout and paste the objects.

This is a good idea and I just tried it, and strangely enough it does already work this way, without me doing anything!

Why it works is because it's a multiplayer editor, and someone else might be editing at the same time, the list of selected objects cannot be a list of object numbers as I'd do in a local editor (because object numbers can change when other objects are deleted). In fact autocross objects are so compact (8 bytes each) that the list of selected objects contains all the information needed to create those objects.

So by simply not clearing the list of objects when you load a new layout, the selected group is still beside your mouse pointer when the new layout has loaded. What you cannot do at that point is add to or remove from your selection because those operations require that the selected objects actually exist in the layout. But you can rotate or paste them.

Quote from bunder9999 :so regular autocross layouts (think BNJ) shouldn't be affected? kinda confusing with the autocross word being thrown around a lot.

Let's try not to say "autocross" to describe a layout that doesn't have a single start position.

So we can say :

layout - objects and maybe checkpoints - qualifying is allowed in Z35 (but not Z34)

autocross layout - single car start position + objects + checkpoints - this is for autocross the way anyone outside of LFS would think of the word. It's one car at a time against the clock so qualifying is not allowed in Z35. It wasn't really allowed before Z35 either but a bug allowed you to put LFS in a definitely strange state with the /qual command.
Quote from rockclan :So so truth.

@Scawen

If you may ever have time free, and not have other important things to do, would you mind looking at this thing which is attatched:

It is the ground around dragstrip. It would be very nice if it one day becomes touchable.

Thanks, take your time.

What about this scawen? can we please get the area around the drag strip fixed to allow for RB4 offroad layouts.
Quote from Scawen :This would probably be possible somehow but it's not really easy so I won't do that in this version.

Thanks for considering it at least.
Quote :
This is a good idea and I just tried it, and strangely enough it does already work this way, without me doing anything!

Why it works is because it's a multiplayer editor, and someone else might be editing at the same time, the list of selected objects cannot be a list of object numbers as I'd do in a local editor (because object numbers can change when other objects are deleted). In fact autocross objects are so compact (8 bytes each) that the list of selected objects contains all the information needed to create those objects.

So by simply not clearing the list of objects when you load a new layout, the selected group is still beside your mouse pointer when the new layout has loaded. What you cannot do at that point is add to or remove from your selection because those operations require that the selected objects actually exist in the layout. But you can rotate or paste them.

I guessed you might be using an internal buffer hence my retraction. It's nice to know it isn't being cleared, so therefore makes it available to the next layout which that is also excellent.

If the contents of the buffer (array?) could be put onto the clipboard too, it means we could paste them into a text editor to create a library of layout feature snippets without having to meticulously recreate them manually. The system in its current form would suffice, so clipboard support is only an enhancement that can wait.
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers,

Hotlapping support :

Tyres section in garage - settings for tyre warmer temperatures

Sorry if i missed it in here, but i didn't see a mention about it in this or they other thread. Is this also enable in multilayer sessions because this will be a great add-on to the Enduro community.

if so , can you also change the tyre temp from the tyres you will get in a pitstop.

P.s. i normally dont ask questions but this might be a point that was missed.
Quote from hotmail :Sorry if i missed it in here, but i didn't see a mention about it in this or they other thread. Is this also enable in multilayer sessions because this will be a great add-on to the Enduro community.

if so , can you also change the tyre temp from the tyres you will get in a pitstop.

P.s. i normally dont ask questions but this might be a point that was missed.

It was discussed in the spinoff thread and it's only available in hotlap mode.
Quote from Scawen :What still needs to be done for the incompatible test patch :
- The actual InSim packets for adding and deleting multiple objects (easy now that the internal packets are done)
- Reporting collisions with objects (should be simple enough now having done some updates for the hotlapping system)

Thanks for the progress info! Sorry if you know about the following already, but I think they are very important things - please, Scawen, before releasing the incompatible patch take also a look into the InSim changes thread, there are a few more suggestions/wishes, hopefully simple ones:

1) Extending server state info by tweaked/private/demo bits, 2) sending the info as part of IS_STA on every update, 3) forwarding all admin commands from all connections to server log as well as to InSim apps maybe as a new type of message, for much improved server control and security.
Ooo, unexpected bonus fixes:
Quote from Scawen :
Multiple object selection - press CTRL and click object button
Selection can be deleted, copied (O), moved (M), rotated (, / .)
Maximum qualifying time increased from 60 minutes to 240 minutes
TC Allowed Slip slider now goes up to 20% (previous maximum 10%)
On changing allowed cars disallowed cars will join the spectators
Exit from pits now results in a clean restart to hotlap position
New packet IS_PLC sets allowed cars for individual players

Fantastic (That disallowed=spec one will make cargame.nl S2 much better - GT2s constantly in/out of allowed cars...)

PS: I agree with Worry - the headlights are bright enough already!
hello all
and a big thank you to the developer

I would like to know if its possible not to verouillier the layout by the creator but to ensure that the name of the creator can not be changed

as its layout and sharing not always possible, but theft of creation
c is the creator of many spend hours or days for them
it'll do more than just their name stays with their creation

Personally I n is not too my a member of our team so
and it takes a long time
currently we Avont 270 off the layout x, y

thank you

Sorry for the English I pass by a translator
Quote from delta13 :
I would like to know if its possible not to verouillier the layout by the creator but to ensure that the name of the creator can not be changed

There is no information on who created a layout inside the file, that could be preserved ... (and I don't see a real reason, why there schould be, honestly)
Quote from Scawen :Maximum qualifying time increased from 60 minutes to 240 minutes

Good change - especially for larger oval event quals, or varitey in formats.

But also agreed with boothy and PMD's ask about allowing the ability to set laps in increments of 1 above 100. I believe I know the reason that after 100 it goes in 10 is based on the storage of the race distance and how it gets calculated, but if there'd be any way to allow increments of 1 up to at least around 300, I think that'd be a good start for the time being - if simple enough to implement, that and perhaps finer control of timed races (hours and minutes) would be good also (at least someday)
It's not simple to change the way the race laps are stored, to allow any number of laps to be set, avoiding the steps of 10. It would require a surprisingly large amount of code to be changed - not only within LFS but also in the statistics system. It would create a disproportionate delay in the release of the patch, which I am trying to get out as fast as possible, so I won't be doing that in this version. It would be better to do it in a 100% incompatible future update that cannot play old replays and so on.
1 month in 3 years release time it's not much.
Quote from misiek08 :1 month in 3 years release time it's not much.

Do you have as high IQ as that creature on your avatar?
Quote from misiek08 :1 month in 3 years release time it's not much.

It seems like you think he's been working on this patch features for all 3 years.
I just tried to access the autocross tracks, but it's greyed out and cannot be selected. I have absolutely no idea why should be, and hadn't noticed before. Anyone else?
Quote from Squelch :I just tried to access the autocross tracks, but it's greyed out and cannot be selected. I have absolutely no idea why should be, and hadn't noticed before. Anyone else?

It's not available in hotlap mode.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG