The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FUUUUUU got back to iracing today and noticed that ''video contest'' thing.

I was like ''hell yeah gonna make something for that''. BUT. Then I saw ''competition ends 3.6.2011 23:59GMT''
Quote from Seb66 :Ken what happened to you at the start of the skippy race? All I saw was you go really wide, and luckily for me the guy behind you followed you off as well

Ran out of talent?
Quote from racer hero :Ran out of talent.

Fixed. There's no question that would be what happened.

I suppose now that one of my jobs is finished for the summer, I can start hunting for talent for myself again
Oo sounds fun though i cant seem to get my braking points down for Spa and if thats not a issue i seem to loose the front end during braking FML at my noob skillz xD

On a side note im in the market for a new wheel any recommendations?
G27? Apparently the new Thrustmaster T500 is pretty good too.
I have some issues in the last chicane @ Spa. The sim simply slows down in the middle of the chicane, like I'm watching a slowmo onboard. Then at the exit point it's fine again. Happens in every single lap, annoying.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I have some issues in the last chicane @ Spa. The sim simply slows down in the middle of the chicane, like I'm watching a slowmo onboard. Then at the exit point it's fine again. Happens in every single lap, annoying.

I have the same problem @ indy's first turn
I get it aswell, they have fixed it in the last few builds for everywhere else on track, but not at Bus Stop and La Source. It's probably the Shadow Maps, or at least it is for me, try just turning them off at Spa.
erghhh. I've had a few really bad races in the truck at texas after a few good runs with arox.. I think I'm starting to pick up a reputation of being a liability on the track.. Hope not

anyway, found this indycar video.. thought it was pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 1XiHE&feature=related
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I have some issues in the last chicane @ Spa. The sim simply slows down in the middle of the chicane, like I'm watching a slowmo onboard. Then at the exit point it's fine again. Happens in every single lap, annoying.

support@iracing.com

The more people that complain, the more chance they will do something about it.
I refuse to purchase Spa until they've actually finished it.
Quote from anttt69 :support@iracing.com

The more people that complain, the more chance they will do something about it.
I refuse to purchase Spa until they've actually finished it.

There are problems on other tracks too. I.E. Laguna Seca, Okayama... iR staff knows about it.

Even people with high end pcs have huge drops in fps.
Quote from Seb66 :erghhh. I've had a few really bad races in the truck at texas after a few good runs with arox.. I think I'm starting to pick up a reputation of being a liability on the track.. Hope not

anyway, found this indycar video.. thought it was pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 1XiHE&feature=related

is that video just a really long advertisement for how horrible iR's crash physics are?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :is that video just a really long advertisement for how horrible iR's crash physics are?

I'd post this if I wanted to do that

LIKE A BOSS.
Does anyone know if that Renew for 1 year - get 30$ thing is still on?
Old accounts, doesn't look like it.

New accounts, yes.
Do existing members ever get any promotions to renew their memberships? I had it for a month back in 2007 and I wouldn't mind giving it another shot, and I will wether there is a promotion or not but I'm just wondering if it ever happens that existing members get promotions too.
Quote from evilpimp :Do existing members ever get any promotions to renew their memberships? I had it for a month back in 2007 and I wouldn't mind giving it another shot, and I will wether there is a promotion or not but I'm just wondering if it ever happens that existing members get promotions too.

Yes existing members do get some small promos, but if you only have the standard content i.e. you didn't purchase any extra stuff then just start a new account when the next good promo comes up.

Some of the promos have been so good i wish i'd have waited. The F1 one included $30 of content when you signed up.
The Zandy + 1 month for $5 was also a steal.

I'd guess with the upcoming release of the LMP2 & GT40 + Suzuka there will be another promo in the pipeline. Just bide your time.

Existing members sometimes get $3 off new pieces of content, the $70 annual deal & the participation bonus. If your good, you could run money races for some doe.
So I can make a new account with the same name? I don't have any additional content or anything, I pretty much bought that month just to try it out when it came out. Thanks for the tip!
You will have to create it with a slightly different name. I used Ant & Anthony in my case, a lot of people simply put a 2 after there surname.

time to kickass and chew bubble gum
WOW, that's a close finish .... hope you were the red car!
Quote from StableX :WOW, that's a close finish .... hope you were the red car!

I was
We were battling like this for the last 5 laps, one of our side by side moments on the front stretch was 0.000 :P but finnish was 0.004
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG