The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
The 190E has some fine plus points - but I don't think they really suit you vs the E30.

I'm amazed at the price of second-hand cars over there, though - you'd easily get an E36 here for less than a grand.
Quote from hrtburnout :If you look closely, it's a 190E. It's only ten centimeters bigger than the E30, and famous for being very reliable.

my mate has a the 190D and runs it on cooking oil. you gotta love the old merc diesel engines. i think they'd even run on cake mix.
Quote from RasmusL :The slushbox instantly makes the Merc shit. That's all

The manual box Mercedes use is even shitter, so it is one of the few vehicles where going slushbox is the correct move. Like Range Rovers.

Quote from dadge :my mate has a the 190D and runs it on cooking oil. you gotta love the old merc diesel engines. i think they'd even run on cake mix.

You can run diesels on spent engine oil, Lucas pumps don't like it much, but Bosch pumps cope just fine. So if you have storage for some spent oil, hit up local garages or farms for a barrel or two.
aye. the mate goes round all the chip shops. his car smells like an all girl school bus but it get's him from A2B.
here is the true benz i was talking about earlier.i worked on it few days ago.man as much i hate benz the more i want this one ! and i really hate benz from bottom of heart !
i did 210 mph with it,check speedo ! :P
Attached images
P190511_11.43.jpg
P190511_11.49_[03].jpg
P190511_11.51_[01].jpg
P190511_11.53.jpg
P190511_11.44.jpg
P190511_11.49.jpg
Quote from dadge :my mate has a the 190D and runs it on cooking oil. you gotta love the old merc diesel engines.

I'd be a bit concerned about the injection pump possibly not getting proper lubrication and getting also possibly clogged up when running cooking oil through it.
well you have to put a kit in it for vegetable oil use,but those old diesel benzes run on anything anyway
Saw a mate i hadn't seen for quite a while friday night, showed off his new car to me.

Red 180sx, Fully built/forged engine, new paint, every adjustable suspension part imagineable, removed sound deadening/partially stripped interior, rollcage..
has a T66 on it, external wastegate/screamer pipe, full 3" straight pipe

380rwhp, only thing holding it back is the fuel system, would make 400+ with ease.

Will upload a video when i get home(at gf's) as i dont have the video cam cord here.
first 3 gears are useless under full throttle, just wheelspins, pretty sure we woke up half the suburb between the screamer pipe/exhaust/limter bash/tyre squeel

My gf was going to come along, but im kinda glad she didn't, since id have had to hold onto the rollcage and sit on the floor..lol

Quote from wheel4hummer :I'd be a bit concerned about the injection pump possibly not getting proper lubrication and getting also possibly clogged up when running cooking oil through it.

No, you have to filter the oil before use to get all of the shit out as it makes life easier on the fuel filter. But if you go the route of adding thinners to make it more viscus be careful how much you add, my buddy from college added so much the lining from his fuel tank started to peel off and that did clog things up.

But you can just run veg on any old derv with no mods to the engine. Modern dervs have much finer tolerances and I'm unaware of many people who have tried it.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I'd be a bit concerned about the injection pump possibly not getting proper lubrication and getting also possibly clogged up when running cooking oil through it.

It's thicker than diesel but doesn't mean it would automatically get clogged.

My dad runs his 80TDi on cooking oil. No engine mods at all. AFAIK though, you're supposed to run with a certain percentage of petrol mixed with your cooking oil.
this week is great ! worked on an SLS AMG now a E60 M5
yep im at work :P
Quote from e2mustang :never ever buy a benz.that comes from a benz-bmw mechanic--> me(well only if its an sls amg which i worked on yesterday than u can buy benz ).and ur wrong about the maintenance part. so u know which one to get !
+ almost every benz auto trans is junk,from stop it does this: okay hes flooring the gas pedal.. oh he really wants to take off... should i take off? mmm.. i dunno... oh well okay lets start going.10 seconds later it starts going

seriously? Mercedes makes the best automatics ever, their manual gearboxes are rubbish, spongey and rubbery feeling at best. A BMW automatic is horrible, there's a reason why they explode.
Quote from Klutch :Saw a mate i hadn't seen for quite a while friday night, showed off his new car to me.

{nissan}

Looks good mate, i like the stance of the older 180-200sx's, kind of curvy and pointy at the same time, if that makes sense.
Quote from kamilek12 :seriously? Mercedes makes the best automatics ever, their manual gearboxes are rubbish, spongey and rubbery feeling at best. A BMW automatic is horrible, there's a reason why they explode.

lol. have u ever driven a benz? coz i do all day long along with beemers.i just have 2 benzes in the shop for trans change. one 722.9 and an old one. Bmw only has problems with the 99-00 E46 transes. but u can go to bmw and they will fix it for free. only that 2 year.
Quote from e2mustang :lol. have u ever driven a benz? coz i do all day long along with beemers.i just have 2 benzes in the shop for trans change. one 722.9 and an old one. Bmw only has problems with the 99-00 E46 transes. but u can go to bmw and they will fix it for free. only that 2 year.

Yes I have driven a Benz, I actually owned SEVERAL. The best automatics to that I know of. I also work at a shop so I speak with experience. E46 isn't the only one with tranny issues, e30's are known to blow trannies without trouble. I rarely see a benz blow a tranny when properly maintained.
Quote from kamilek12 :Yes I have driven a Benz, I actually owned SEVERAL. The best automatics to that I know of. I also work at a shop so I speak with experience. E46 isn't the only one with tranny issues, e30's are known to blow trannies without trouble. I rarely see a benz blow a tranny when properly maintained.

neither do i see bmw trans when maintained. but dont u agree on the time of reaction from benz transes? i mean really when u floor it,takes 10 seconds to realize u did somwthing.also when u back out of a driveway and start going forward,thats 10 sec. this was my original point up there.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Looks good mate, i like the stance of the older 180-200sx's, kind of curvy and pointy at the same time, if that makes sense.

I love it haha, i could almost say i want it as much as an FC...but this thing has had a crazy ammount of work done to it to get it to the level it is
You know what a video is? An accurate representation of a series of events.
I guess by your definition LFS is an accurate representation of real life driving...

Sense of speed is lost in video's, any retard knows this.
Besides, video is far from accurate, it's a rough approximation. Video cameras do not record a series of events, but a continuous stream of visual information at a set frequency. Events can happen between frames and even mid-frame.

To get to the point though, in this case it recorded mostly pitch black. I don't know about you, but to me, pitch black looks the same in real life and on video
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You know what a video is? An accurate representation of a series of events.

You write your own dictionaries?

A video is just moving pictures, nothing to do with whether it is an accurate representation of anything.
I'm simply saying that using an excuse of a vehicle looking slow is down to the video is just an excuse for having a slow car.

(Original joke was Michael McIntyre, "oh my passport photo makes me look ugly" - "photo is an accurate respresentation of your face")
lol, you're calling a 380rwhp 180sx slow?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG