The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
lol, it wasn't me behind the camera
Quote from PMD9409 :LX4, nice.

Not that I mean to brag but it's more like an LX6 performance wise. the 2 liter zetec on carbs produces 250 hp and in a car that weighs around 540 kg it goes like a bat out of hell
You've got a good 60bhp on the LX6 then, but I bet yours doesn't rev as high
The LX6 only has 2000 more revs on me so I'm hopefully not that inferior to it
Quote from XCNuse :LOL
1-2?
Try 8-12
(I've tested it already, yes it makes that much of a difference)

it takes 2 minutes to (un)install

Also in america.. there aren't really any diesels availabe; VW has a few, but really it's only trucks, I don't even think Volvo sells any new diesels anymore.

As I recall, only Mercedes-Benz and BMW are currently releasing cars in the states in diesel guise, but they are only available in top spec, so quite pricey. Companies have tried in the past, but the US/Canada just will not embrace diesel, some think it is part down to how diesel pumps are normally the other side of the petrol station and you're left to fill up with trucks which makes you feel alienated.

Personally I just think it is the dragging of the heels we get over here with some people, just there are more people who drag their heels so the diesel market isn't profitable. Plus due to US/Canada Emission laws, it is fine to have a petrol that only gets 1MPG, but a diesel that gets 60MPG is somehow going to kill everyone.
Quote from BAMBO :Here's a pic of the car in question. Please excuse me for the low quality. Will get a better one in a couple of days.

Goddamn and still no pictures under the hood or proper videos!
Guess I forgot about mercedes and bmw; mercedes looks like they have 3 diesel options in the US, probably.. 0 of which you can find at stealerships lol

BMW's website doesn't even mention if they are diesel or not, I'm assuming their twin turbos are the diesels, which even then.. I don't think I've ever come across a diesel BMW at a gas station before.

I love how both companies try to boast their gas mileage.. and majority of their models barely hit the mid 20mpg range.. this is why america uses so much fuel. (besides everything being far apart)
To many damn rich fat people driving heavy expensive cars with shitty gas mileage.

Oh hey, a diesel just drove by! .. the mail parcel truck :P

I will say, I got to see a Lotus Evora up at Road Atlanta the other day, didn't go for a ride (rode in a porsche 911 instead), but for as small of a car it is, I was surprised to see the gas mileage rating was 17 / 26 especially for a 2 seater, such a small car, and it weighing so .. much! The evora is heavy! I mean sure it's got a Toyota V6 in it, but over 3,000lbs for a 2 seater?!
Quote from XCNuse :BMW's website doesn't even mention if they are diesel or not, I'm assuming their twin turbos are the diesels, which even then.. I don't think I've ever come across a diesel BMW at a gas station before.

xxxi is a petrol, xxxd is a diesel.

i.e. a 320cd is a BMW 3-series, 2.0 Litre (although not always) coupe diesel. a 550i is a BMW 5-series 5.5 Litre (again, not always) petrol saloon.

And a 320i is a 2.3 petrol... and a 316d is a 2.0 diesel. Way to confuse, BMW.

Just had a look on the US site and it's amazing the cars you dont get... all you seem to have is the 335d & x5 35d diesels.

In the UK diesels outsell petrols (for all the wrong reasons mainly), and you can get a diesel engine from 2-3.5 litres in pretty much every car (i.e. everything non-M or Z)
All of the BMWs which have D are diesels, it's perfectly simple. Those which aren't, aren't. You can't buy a BMW 320cd with a petrol - it would be a 320ci.

And while the engine size is confusing, it's merely stating a "state of tune". Thus being that while the 316d is a 2.0, it's sayng that it's slower than a 318d which in turn is slower than a 320d and if you have any sort of self worth you wouldn't settle for less than the 335d.

kay?
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :As I recall, only Mercedes-Benz and BMW are currently releasing cars in the states in diesel guise, but they are only available in top spec, so quite pricey. Companies have tried in the past, but the US/Canada just will not embrace diesel, some think it is part down to how diesel pumps are normally the other side of the petrol station and you're left to fill up with trucks which makes you feel alienated.

Personally I just think it is the dragging of the heels we get over here with some people, just there are more people who drag their heels so the diesel market isn't profitable. Plus due to US/Canada Emission laws, it is fine to have a petrol that only gets 1MPG, but a diesel that gets 60MPG is somehow going to kill everyone.

I agree, I see nothing wrong with diesels, they have plenty of power for the US, especially for the amount of traffic around here. The low end is perfect for New York. We hate on Diesels but we drive hybrids that cost an arm and a leg and barely get 40mpg. One thing these manufacturers aren't telling us is how much fuel is used to make the hybrid batteries and such."The amount of energy that is needed to produce the battery for a Prius is equivalent to driving a Hummer H2 for 300,000 miles!"
ye and every 5 years u have to change the batteries which costs 5000 $
btw i just hate diesels
I have nothing against diesels and would probably buy a BMW X5 in only diesel form. My parents owned one and lemoned it, but it did get 19.5 MPG while around town and doing short 1-2 mile trips for the few months we had it. We could probably get up to 30 MPG on the highway doing 75 MPH. It didn't live an easy life, but it didn't make our lives easier anyway. We now have the N55 turbo engine in the X6 but it just doesn't feel as good as the diesel.

While talking about MPG, I drive an X5 3.0i. I get a measly 15 MPG around town driving efficiently and barely crack 20 MPG on the highway doing 70 MPH.
Yes, I'm jelly

Pictures please
Quote from Klutch :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAAbHOMzO-M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJiICvHJrPE
New exhaust on the soarer

3" S/S Downpipe
3" S/S Straight pipe(Got rid of the gutted cat, and now just running a straight pipe)
3" S/S Blitz Nur Spec R Catback

Figure theres no point in running a gutted cat, car is that low that you can't check under it to see if theres a cat or not in the first place lol

pics of the exhaust...not the best since the car is so low you can't really see the pipework properly, but i'll get a picture up of the underside next time its on stands.

Klutch, noone cares of your drain pipes...
better post here some videos of street drift action
Took my tractor to Cadwell...

Quote from dravgunov :CTR FN2 2007 My first toy. I need to take better pictures

So very jelly at the bike
Quote from Minimaxman :Took my tractor to Cadwell...

its a diesel? Once saw a Vid of a N/A diesel Peugeot with two guys in it fooling around with a 5-series BMW, to the point that he (the Beemer) overshot at Adenauer Forst and went through the gravel
coming from a guy with LED strips stickytaped onto his front bumper lol
Quote from Klutch :coming from a guy with LED strips stickytaped onto his front bumper lol

A - Theres nothing wrong with running lights.

B - You can't possibly think that burnt plastic looks good.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG