The online racing simulator
Got a slightly strange problem with /w pb

Shouldn't Split 3 and Split (4) just not appear? I've never noticed that before.
Attached images
lfs_00000032.jpg
Quote from J@tko :Got a slightly strange problem with /w pb

Shouldn't Split 3 and Split (4) just not appear? I've never noticed that before.

LFSWorld bug, as this also happens on Z28.
Plus, the Split 4 is beyond the message lenght, so it is neither a suitable way of display splits
and manny of the tracks dont have 4sectors annyway.. if u dont count in finishline ofc.
Z32
You can now get Z32 from the first post : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=74012

There are a few more things still to do, but I thought it would be good to get these updates tested.
I think the higher frame rates will be very helpful for a lot of people.

Changes from Z31 to Z32 :

Optimised transparent objects (e.g. fences) to help open configs
Adding / removing autocross objects no longer resets all objects
Much better frame rate with many autocross objects (faster draw)
Reduced Z-buffer flickering of chalk objects and pit stop markers
Custom layouts race progress / history now displayed on LFS World
FIX : On joining host, cars not past finish line showed wrong lap
FIX : SHIFT+U follow mode now stays on car if you rewind a replay
Command /modified=yes allows a private host to avoid CP checks

InSim :

Command /cv now only cancels game votes (restart / end / qualify)
OutGauge : OG_SHIFT and OG_CTRL (keys) bits added to OutGaugePack
Lap timing info added to IS_RST (standard / custom / checkpoints)
Thx.
Quote from Scawen :OutGauge : OG_SHIFT and OG_CTRL (keys) bits added to OutGaugePack

Thank you!
Updated everything. Just because I can

Lets see what we have here, sounds good
Awesome, thanks Scawen!
Thanks Scawen!
Gettin' closer to the new patch step by step, ty Scawen!
Quote from Scawen :
Optimised transparent objects (e.g. fences) to help open configs

Still get stuck in the fences on Aston. Unless this wasn't what was optimised.

Some parts of the fence allow you to bounce off it. Other parts get the wheel caught.

AS3Y. Straight on, left, then immediately left again up the side road. Where the Petronas board is. Seems you can get stuck from there onwards.

Not a huge problem. But that was where I got stuck before.
Quote from azasmith14 :Still get stuck in the fences on Aston. Unless this wasn't what was optimised.

Some parts of the fence allow you to bounce off it. Other parts get the wheel caught.

AS3Y. Straight on, left, then immediately left again up the side road. Where the Petronas board is. Seems you can get stuck from there onwards.

Not a huge problem. But that was where I got stuck before.

Funny that. I was just exactly there and the fence on the opposite side of the access road. Both seem to be solid for me.
Quote from Squelch :Funny that. I was just exactly there and the fence on the opposite side of the access road. Both seem to be solid for me.

It's solid for me. Up until the point where you get to the Petronas board with lfs.de on the opposite side. From that point on it's still possible to get caught.

Definitely running Z32.

http://www.mediafire.com/?74aw0g5ve1iexvd

Ignore the 45 second penalty. Couldn't be bothered waiting.
Flickering chalk on the asphalt remains on any track ((
Attached images
LFS 2011-05-06 21-37-13-20.jpg
LFS 2011-05-06 21-37-27-03.jpg
Quote from azasmith14 :It's solid for me. Up until the point where you get to the Petronas board with lfs.de on the opposite side. From that point on it's still possible to get caught.

Definitely running Z32.

Hmm, that seems odd. The fences are solid in the position you say. The only problem I had was falling through the grass in front of the stands while driving along the fence, but that hasn't been addressed in this patch, and I consider this area to be no drive anyhow.
Quote from Squelch :Hmm, that seems odd. The fences are solid in the position you say. The only problem I had was falling through the grass in front of the stands while driving along the fence, but that hasn't been addressed in this patch, and I consider this area to be no drive anyhow.

Replay added to previous post.
Quote from [Audi TT] :Flickering chalk on the asphalt remains on any track ((

Same here, but it happens in certains camera angles, when you are in cockpit or any default LFS camera there is no flickering at all

Even watchings replays with the TV camera there is no flickering at all
Quote from azasmith14 :Replay added to previous post.

The only place I didn't drive.
I think the bridge is intersecting the fence at that point. The fence is solid all the way before and after that point up until the stands where you fall through the grass.

Quote from Inouva :Same here, but it happens in certains camera angles, when you are in cockpit or any default LFS camera there is no flickering at all

I see the same. It is only at a long distance that the z-buffering fight seems to happen. This is also seen in other game titles btw.

Scawen, the follow car is still exhibiting lost focus on rewind. Locking the camera seems to have the same workaround.

Steps for replication.
  1. Start replay
  2. Enter Shift+U
  3. Follow car
  4. Exit Shift+U
  5. Pause replay
  6. Enter Shift+U
  7. Step backwards (< key)
You find that the view is reset to the original follow car position. Locking the view still has the effect of setting the camera, but subsequent changes to view are lost without toggling the lock.

PS. We need another name for Shift+U - free camera perhaps?
Thanks for Z32, Scawen
Gonna try this and see how my LFS changes.

Regarding the flickering issue (apparently not entirely solved?), do you think raising the chalk objects a tiny bit above the ground would help?
Quote from Inouva :Same here, but it happens in certains camera angles, when you are in cockpit or any default LFS camera there is no flickering at all

I used the Shift + U. At the sight of the cabin layout partially loaded (as before), but it does not flicker while driving on the track.
Quote from Squelch :The only place I didn't drive.
I think the bridge is intersecting the fence at that point. The fence is solid all the way before and after that point up until the stands where you fall through the grass.

The fence issues start at that point. I can also do it past that point. If I drive past, then come back. I can do it all the way up to the point where you fall off the edge of the track.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?xbonydw76doe0zi

Most other places, you can still get caught. But the fence spits you back out again so you're not stuck.
Quote from azasmith14 :The fence issues start at that point. I can also do it past that point. If I drive past, then come back. I can do it all the way up to the point where you fall off the edge of the track.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?xbonydw76doe0zi

Most other places, you can still get caught. But the fence spits you back out again so you're not stuck.

I still can't see what your replays clearly show as a problem. I even tried the same car. See replay.

Perhaps someone else might be able to confirm.

Any mods by chance?
Attached files
Wheels_sq.spr - 29.9 KB - 356 views
Thanks!
Scawen, you can easily fix that (shadow bug)?

Quote from azasmith14 :Still get stuck in the fences on Aston. Unless this wasn't what was optimised.

In game programming, optimisation means making it use less CPU / GPU time without really changing the outcome. There are two optimisations in this one, the alpha optimisation (for fences, etc) saves about 1% to 2% of the draw time, specially on open configs (not much) but the other optimisation provides *far* better frame rate when there are hundreds of autocross objects. This is by the use of static vertex buffers - the objects are stored on the graphics card, instead of sending their polygons there every frame.

Quote from [Audi TT] :Flickering chalk on the asphalt remains on any track ((

Yes, it is only reduced not eliminated.

Quote from Squelch :Scawen, the follow car is still exhibiting lost focus on rewind. Locking the camera seems to have the same workaround.

Steps for replication.
  1. Start replay
  2. Enter Shift+U
  3. Follow car
  4. Exit Shift+U
  5. Pause replay
  6. Enter Shift+U
  7. Step backwards (< key)

By your description, you should not be following the car when you press the < key. You exited SHIFT+U and went back in, so at that point you are not in follow mode.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z30 (NOW Z34 - old content / old physics / many updates)
(1442 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG