The online racing simulator
Stop the damn offtopic.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :

@Devs
It maybe a completely psychological thing (which i do think it is), but is there any difference in the track tarmac surfaces at different venues?
Is the tarmac surface significantly different at Kyoto to say that at south city? (Kyoto just feels so different to me)
One thing that has confused me in the development of the tyre physics is how the surface is modelled. Can you shed any light on this?
Does the lighting/time of day alter any ambient track temps? (is this something your looking at introducing in a later version or maybe adjusting track temp?)

Hopefully you get time to get through to answering, if not no worries.
Keep it going

I have a similar feeling, when I was on keys brake/throttle was obviously on or off, but I could run much more braking force at blackwood and kyoto than at south city or fern bay even with an identical setup. Kyoto has always seemed generally grippier to me for some reason. I'd like to think that there was something modelled to make the tracks different.
Quote from robt :I have a similar feeling, when I was on keys brake/throttle was obviously on or off, but I could run much more braking force at blackwood and kyoto than at south city or fern bay even with an identical setup. Kyoto has always seemed generally grippier to me for some reason. I'd like to think that there was something modelled to make the tracks different.

Obviously tracks like Kyoto have a very smooth surface (no bumps) so you can run much harder and lower set resulting in better brake performance.
That doesn't mean that LFS doesn't model different friction coefficients though
Eh. Fern Bay tarmac is waaaay grippier than Aston's, and requires changes to camber, arbs, dampers, brake bias and force to start with :|
And the silence ... No news from Scawena((
The only thing that I could imagine should be added to this thread is the patch.
Quote from [Audi TT] :And the silence ... No news from Scawena((

When he is silent, he is working hard. :shhh:
Or there could be a surprise other than the patch.
What am I thinking.
He is silent because you have completely derailed this topic. He has probably unsubscribed by now.
DevilDare is right - the amount of rubbish here is ridiculous . I think the thread could do with a clean-up.
Quote from shaun463 :DevilDare is right - the amount of rubbish here is ridiculous . I think the thread could do with a clean-up.

You are the 10th highest poster in this thread with 17 posts of spam, perhaps you could lead the clean-up by deleting your posts?
I presume he's just working hard right now, because if he wasn't he'd spend the whole day deleting all the useless comments like this one.
Quote from Scawen :Dear LFS Racers,
... barriers were famously troublesome, often throwing your car several metres in the air if you touched a red and white barrier ...

Could this also affect the buggy curbs on some tracks (eg. ky2 outer curb in the R-L-R combo before the oval part)? Is the code somehow related, or can it be fixed just as fast as the barrier bug? If this can be done without making the patch incompatible, it would be really neat.
Quote from wheel4hummer :´
Anyway, will it be possible to use the kart track at the Autocross track with this patch?

Sadly not, Scawen has already stated that these areas are not actually meant to drive on, and, if opened, you would probably fall through many holes.
Quote from boothy :You are the 10th highest poster in this thread with 17 posts of spam, perhaps you could lead the clean-up by deleting your posts?

I have his posts ignored for a reason!
There are so many trolls in this thread it's like I'm under a bridge.
Quote from TehPaws3D :There are so many trolls in this thread it's like I'm under a bridge.

You are under one
I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to keep up with a rapidly inflating condom full of p----es. ;( All I want to do is keep tabs on the patch.. And suddenly trolls come by the quintillions to spam with... I don't even know what they spam with.
Quote from TehPaws3D :I don't even know what they spam with.

a spoon

Quote from GabbO :Could this also affect the buggy curbs on some tracks (eg. ky2 outer curb in the R-L-R combo before the oval part)? Is the code somehow related, or can it be fixed just as fast as the barrier bug? If this can be done without making the patch incompatible, it would be really neat.

i like this suggestion but that is part of the track so i guess it cant be fixed by just code. it would need a track revamp but its not major imo you dont need to touch that curb
Haven't been really paying attention but, when is this supposed to be released?
Quote from pinoykid13 :Haven't been really paying attention but, when is this supposed to be released?

You'll find the information you seek in the OP.
I'm hoping it will happen this Friday, not next as the school holidays will be over then, and I have my exams in July, so no time for LFS

I also hope that Scawen ignores some of the crap comments on here, most of you guys don't understand how hard it is to create something.
Quote from PoVo :I'm hoping it will happen this Friday

I have an unsubstantiated hunch he's trying for a release this week.
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG