The online racing simulator
Nice, thanks for information Can't wait
Quote from suzuki94 :

Right... I just saw that and I was going to edit it. Thx anyway.

EDIT: I just found in my mind a great things what would be able in LFS lol
Scawen, I have a suggestion. It's not something important, but could you make the G27's leds work? It's really not that important, but there are only a few games that support this and LFS could be one of them...

//edit: nice progress!
Today's updates so far :
- Objects in escape road at BL chicane removed from open configs
- List of Hosts now shows X or Y if an open config is selected
- Car reset now works on open configs (if reset is enabled)
- Wear limit for changing tyres can be set to 100% (never)
- Compatibility : new packets not sent if connected to old host
- Compatibility : new host does not allow old versions to connect

Quote from Eclipsed :How about this roundabout - will it be accesible fully? Might be some nice addition to change usual SO4R layout or just have some banging fun in super small oval. I guess the other road up to highway isn't complete or is it?

Sorry, but no, because that roundabout is closed off with "segments" rather than "objects". That SO section would need reworking in the track editor to allow access to all of that roundabout and the motorway.

Quote from boothy :What about at Kyoto when running the KY3 config, the roads into the KY2 track are blocked off with the tyre walls, similarly with the Aston configs and their tyre walls - e.g. on historic bend?

Well, those do vary between configs - that means they are automatically not included in the open configs.

Quote from kimd41 :Why it is so important to make this patch compatible with Z28? Can't it just be another obligatory patch and make the needed changes to the game without any worry?

As the physics have not changed, there is not point making things incompatible (and deleting all the hotlaps) at this point - so no new tracks. And although this patch has taken me quite a few weeks, it's still a "quick" update, which it wouldn't be if we started to edit the tracks. It's quite convenient and helpful that when people get the test patch, they can still join all the old hosts.
Nice, Scawen! Progress report! Awesome! And good updates as well.
I really would like to see a new track, NOT ROCKINGHAM. Any new fake track will do, just something to help break the dull drums.
Continue the great work!

It's funny to see all the moaners who said "LFS died" happy.
I thought we'd never see you again Scawen, this is certainly good news!
A Quick Question:

About those layout objects increased, are you increased also those checkpoints? It is nowadays 3, I would like to see 5, but not a big deal though. (anyone can help me if somewhere info found)

And other thing: AU4:

Would it be possible to have also like AU4X, which will have increased to 16 players (where it is two times 8-row line) and which will not taking the time for 400 meters (or what the distance is) And allow to drive like laps more than Once? (or it can be done 3 times, if putting 2nd checkpoint behind of 1st one and so on). So it is like opened there also

Also, that is not a big deal, but would allow to use AU4 and it's features. (Allowed to use curves on right lane, outside from drag lanes)
Quote from Scawen :- Objects in escape road at BL chicane removed from open configs
- Compatibility : new packets not sent if connected to old host
- Compatibility : new host does not allow old versions to connect

Sorry, but no, because that roundabout is closed off with "segments" rather than "objects". That SO section would need reworking in the track editor to allow access to all of that roundabout and the motorway.

Well, those do vary between configs - that means they are automatically not included in the open configs.

As the physics have not changed, there is not point making things incompatible (and deleting all the hotlaps) at this point - so no new tracks. And although this patch has taken me quite a few weeks, it's still a "quick" update, which it wouldn't be if we started to edit the tracks. It's quite convenient and helpful that when people get the test patch, they can still join all the old hosts.

Good progress I see
Great, thanks for the report.
Quote from Scawen :- Objects in escape road at BL chicane removed from open configs

All very useful. Thank you.
Thanks Scawen, thanks!
Soo exited.. goosh..
I dont know if anyone here already has this idea..if yes I am sorry...but this will be very interesting imho...I know there is a place on track where the racing line crosses but there is plenty of room on oval for cars to choose where they need to go...
http://www.upnito.sk/imgresize ... 143a8f57d8c2f8&ms=728
Quote from bavorak :I dont know if anyone here already has this idea..if yes I am sorry...but this will be very interesting imho...I know there is a place on track where the racing line crosses but there is plenty of room on oval for cars to choose where they need to go...
http://www.upnito.sk/imgresize ... 143a8f57d8c2f8&ms=728

That would be a bit tricky. What you could do would be to run from KY3 onto the oval, continue around to the end of the (unused) pitlane, make a hairpin, run back through the pitlane then into KY2R before hairpinning back onto KY3. Should be enough room, although racing through the exit of the pitlane might be a bit tight.
@ people asking for layouts:

I've been listing out all the layouts possible, which is quite a bit.

I'll be making a thread once all the images are done. Once the test patch is out I'll be working on getting each layout (simplistic/clean as possible) done for servers/leagues and will post them in the thread with its forward and reverse configurations.

EDIT: Already got 3 extra versions of Kyoto. Hopefully one of those are what you are looking for.

BTW the layouts I'll be making won't be silly things with added hairpins or chicanes. Just a basic "official pack" for extra configurations.
Full pants of happyness! Collision update is massive, good luck in further! God, thank you, Scavier.
Well, let's hope that those great configs will be available, because some barriers won't be removable.
Quote from aroX123 :Get some proper names on them aswell

I will only do a few. The config names (KY4, KY5, KY6, etc) I can do. But the actual names "Kyoto Endurance" etc I will rely more on the community.

Quote from Flame CZE :Well, let's hope that those great configs will be available, because some barriers won't be removable.

If I read Scawen correctly, all objects that can 'change' when you select a different configuration will be 'removed' on the 'open' tracks. Therefore the configs I have drawn up so far will work just fine.
Quote from Scawen :Today's updates so far:

Daily progress reports? Am I dreaming? :hypnotize
Quote from PMD9409 :(KY4, KY5, KY6, etc)

jajaja, I thought making a thread would be smart but then I saw you were allready on the case finding different layouts for tracks n shit.

I cant wait trying out the different directions
Quote from JPeace :Yes, already posted

study it more carefully and you will find its perfection
Quote from Storm_Cloud :That would be a bit tricky. What you could do would be to run from KY3 onto the oval, continue around to the end of the (unused) pitlane, make a hairpin, run back through the pitlane then into KY2R before hairpinning back onto KY3. Should be enough room, although racing through the exit of the pitlane might be a bit tight.

I am sure checkpoints would solve this problem
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG