The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :OK, it's getting late and I need to stop for the day but am I understanding this right?

Basically you want that 90% limit raised to 100% - because what you are saying is although that tyre is near to blowing, you know that 10% is enough to get you to the end of the race?

I have added a note to look at this, it does sound easy but I don't know if it can be done compatibly.

This would be very useful for drifting, because someone may don't want to change his hot tires, but just repair his damages and continue drifting.

Anyway. I love these new updates. Especially the barriers collisions/limit and the freeroam layouts. If it was possible to create custom starting grids(or even pits) it would be awesome so we can make our completly layout.
Thanks for the report and dont get too nervous you are going to get it right!
Quote from DarkKostas :This would be very useful for drifting, because someone may don't want to change his hot tires, but just repair his damages and continue drifting.

I second that. Example are fully painted Red, at 170. I have some suspension damage, drive into pits (Tire change at 90%), and want to repair the damage, it also changes the tires.

Could you make a option to set the Tire Change on Never?
Can't tell you how happy I am to see 7 pages of positive posts in this forum, it is so refreshing!!

It doesn't sound like S3 is any closer than before, but resuming test patch on S2 is the right thing to do to show the community that LFS is not a dead project!!

Great initiative guys!!
Good news

Quote from vistaman :I second that. Example are fully painted Red, at 170. I have some suspension damage, drive into pits (Tire change at 90%), and want to repair the damage, it also changes the tires.

Could you make a option to set the Tire Change on Never?

It shouldn't be changing tyres, if they are just overheated. You wouldn't be drifting for long with less than 10% wear to go anyway. But I agree with the no tyre change option...
Quote from Scawen :The current plan is to allow a host to be exempt from cheat protection.

The current plan is to do that by host name. It will at this point have to be done through the LFS technical support mail. So we'd manually update a text file of exempt hosts on the master server.

Scawen could you implement a "CPW off" option at the "Start new host" screen and in dedi? "show CPW exempt" filter on the host list would be nice too. The way it currently works is confusing and some people who don't read the forum much, don't know how to make host exempt or even that there was cheat protection update.
not to anyone in direcet but i would like to see night raceing and more dash guages mods or changes as of tires can you add goodyear?
is that vob protection gona be like the CPW ??

or how will that work ??
#209 - e.M
Quote from bahambug :not to anyone in direcet but i would like to see night raceing and more dash guages mods or changes as of tires can you add goodyear?

i believe that unrelated asking of stuff is not welcome so pls just be happy
Quote from scipy :Yes. Basically how the option to change tires below 1 % wear says "always", we'd like an option to never change them. In fact, even if one of the tires is blown, don't change the other 3.

I'll look into this today, and implement it if it is compatible. I am sure that "never" should not exclude blown tyres being changed. So "never" really means "only if blown".

Quote from pik_d :Does this mean it'll be a circular graph like in LFSWorld RAFA's Overview?

It's just a number, the total acceleration.

Quote from Flame CZE :What do these mean?

The improved tyre optimisation : in your version, with low pressure tyres, do some sharp turns so the tyre is deflected a lot. Looking at the tyre from the front or back (at a low level) you will find that parts of the tyre disappear at some view angles. This does not happen in the new version which checks each triangle's visibility. The CPU time in the new tyre optimisation is approximately equal to the old one.

EDIT : See Amynue's post above : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1578152#post1578152

Quote from Flame CZE :One more question though, what effect does it have on the open configs, when it doesn't have "echo maps" and "light maps"? An absence of some shadows?

Without echo maps the sound is just raw, there is no reverberation that changes depending on if a wall is nearby.

Without light maps, there are all the normal shadows under the car but if you drive into a building's shadow then your car is still lit by the sun. Also there is a slight change of lighting colour depending on the environment, but that is not there without the light maps.

Quote from Bob Smith :May well be the time to dust off my wheel again soon. That and buy a new graphics card...

I do have concerns that the "draw all" will run too slow on older graphics cards, even with the optimisations. I guess we'll see in the test patch stage. As a rough guide, you could go into SHIFT+U mode in your Z28 (paused and with only one car on the track - to eliminate other CPU usage) then press TAB to "high" view and go up high. No draw lists are used in that case. That frame rate you see should be around 50% - 60% higher in the new version, though that increase will vary depending on what you can see.
Quote from Mr_Lonely :is that vob protection gona be like the CPW ??

or how will that work ??

In the OOS check, I will include the physical things that are affected by the VOB : the collision object and the wing positions.
Quote from Scawen :In the OOS check, I will include the physical things that are affected by the VOB : the collision object and the wing positions.

Thanks, you are the best.

This patch means alot for the cruise community. Cause it's them that are mainly struck by the VOB mods.
Good news Can't wait :3
:checkered Ready to test :checkered

Thx you so much dear devs.

Take so much time as you need for better Physics Scawen (my opinion),

:rock_band You can go your own Wayyy, go your own Waaaayyyyyy.

Open configurations being the case it'd be cool to open that motorway section on South City up into a ring road, ultimate cruising server that'd be!
Quote from JPeace :This makes me laugh after all the negative posts you have made in other threads about the developers. But anyway, back on topic, thanks Scawen.

Me and negative about devs?

About Vic maybe but not about the rest.

Scawen and Eric are like my heroes.

BTW:
Nice drive you had there in a Formula Renault. How was that like?
Quote from Weasley123 :Open configurations being the case it'd be cool to open that motorway section on South City up into a ring road, ultimate cruising server that'd be!

Sadly iirc you can only drive freely on drivable areas so not all of the motorway will be drivable
Quote from speed1230 :Sadly iirc you can only drive freely on drivable areas so not all of the motorway will be drivable

I know, but since this would be possible it could be an idea for the developers to extend the track in the future.
@Rocky - they all are for me . Thanks to Victor, I have recovered all my hacked accounts - his e-mails were sufficient proof. Thanks all the devs! To show my support, just bought my wee brother S2.
Quote from Scawen :I did open that at Fern Bay, though you do take off going through there... I guess that is a good suggestion for BL chicane as well. I could make them vanish, config makers can just add some barriers if they don't want people going straight through.

Yes please! Some retro tracks without chicanes would be cool.
I'll be right back rfactor. I swear. Sikeeeeeee
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG