The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :OK, it's getting late and I need to stop for the day but am I understanding this right?

Basically you want that 90% limit raised to 100% - because what you are saying is although that tyre is near to blowing, you know that 10% is enough to get you to the end of the race?

I have added a note to look at this, it does sound easy but I don't know if it can be done compatibly.

Yes. Basically how the option to change tires below 1 % wear says "always", we'd like an option to never change them. In fact, even if one of the tires is blown, don't change the other 3.
Quote from Scawen :
Misc :

Misc options : F9 / F10 accelerometer can be shown as one value

Does this mean it'll be a circular graph like in LFSWorld RAFA's Overview?

Thanks for the chance to play with new things
Quote from pik_d :Does this mean it'll be a circular graph like in LFSWorld RAFA's Overview?

Thanks for the chance to play with new things

Well, it can be just one number as a sum of the two vectors, plus an arrow indicating the direction.
Finally! Scawen Has Come Back To L.F.S

*THE ROCK reference*
Quote from Scawen :OK, it's getting late and I need to stop for the day but am I understanding this right?

Basically you want that 90% limit raised to 100% - because what you are saying is although that tyre is near to blowing, you know that 10% is enough to get you to the end of the race?

I have added a note to look at this, it does sound easy but I don't know if it can be done compatibly.

There's always 0.6 for that functionality!
Imagine how awesome the open configurartion will be for making new configs on a track like Rockingham, which has about 5000 possible layout combos
Ohhh mmyyy gawwdd i want it nowwww..

can't wait for this to be out

gonna bring a whole new meaning to cruise on lfs and all the new features will be immense good job Scawen keep up the good work
Quote from Scawen :I did open that at Fern Bay, though you do take off going through there...

Yeah, that was what I meant by unfinished.
with the rally at black-wood and such you can have police chases like the dukes of hazard! LOL
One small suggestion that would be great for server admins.

It would be awesome if there could be a way to limit the amount of gas people can take on either at the start of the race or during pitstops, in other words limiting the tank capacity to create more strategy possibilities.

Similar to this would be to limit the kinds of tyres that can be used.

I have no idea how hard these would be but I thought it would be worth to throw it out there.
omg, open tracks & 800 objects.. cant wait to build layouts the shit out of me.
and as phil diaz said on ofc. forum, you can now choose the longest aston version,
choose open track config and drive around on all corners possible (as aston has so many other configurations possible to drive there)

CANT WAIT
Quote from Flame CZE :Well, it can be just one number as a sum of the two vectors, plus an arrow indicating the direction.

Well online it's a point that ghosts around. It could either be that or an arrow that only shows the instantaneous direction. I was asking which (or perhaps something else) it was.
best news in 2 years
Quote from Scawen :I did open that at Fern Bay, though you do take off going through there... I guess that is a good suggestion for BL chicane as well. I could make them vanish, config makers can just add some barriers if they don't want people going straight through.

There is a mini map in fact - see the attachment.

is that new fernbay rock textures?
Thanks Scawen! The Cruise community at LifeStyle Cruise, loves all the changes!

Open tracks is very nice!
Quote from Scawen :There is a mini map in fact - see the attachment.

this is even more confusing for racing conditions.. would a possibility be when there are some main 'open configs' the mini map could be added and possibly the track configuration added to the game for example the 'KY Super GP' as someone stated it earlier.. if this were to become a main config used by people it'd be able to become to say maybe KY4? with obviously using ky3 pits and having 3 splits but more spaced out since it would be a 3 minute track for even a GTR..

what a track for enduro though
Quote from boothy :Could this please be extended to racing conditions as well? Say, if you have a DT and you need to pit (e.g. out of fuel) then a pit stop is allowed but the DT remains valid so that you can serve it next lap?

+1 i get burned alot for this LOL.
That is a very good news! only remains to wait until the new patch come up.
Quote from scipy :Yes. Basically how the option to change tires below 1 % wear says "always", we'd like an option to never change them. In fact, even if one of the tires is blown, don't change the other 3.

There's another strange thing with tires. Maybe this was answered (years) earlier , sorry in that case.
Situation: car damaged (suspension, bodywork, ...). Repair set to [no].
If you just change tires, everything works all rigth, tires get changed and the car isn't repaired.
But if you (for any reason ) change the tire compound, the car will be repaired, no matter that repair is set to [no].
Unexpected but most welcome news.
The open tracks should have been done years ago, always wanted them, never actually thought of there being an issue with all the enviroment being built/displayed.

Not fussed about new race track layouts, i just think it'll be great fun for Cops & Robbers, its always been pretty limited in its options in the past, all but KY would make for excelent C&R venues.
SO & AS will have tons of routes, BL & FE will have offroad sections which should be fun, KY's overlap of layouts will lead to sections with no route option for 2min stretches, whereas the others should have lots of frequent route changes, hence more open gameplay.

Could get pretty chaotic, hopefully some servers will pop up like Cruise ones offering C&R mode, but i always found C&R fun but sadly too restricted to make it more enjoyable, but one of those fun past times which LFS was open to, which you just dont get in any other racing sim... the freedom to do as you please.
Quote from PaulC2k :snip

aston
Quote from mihu86 :There's another strange thing with tires. Maybe this was answered (years) earlier , sorry in that case.
Situation: car damaged (suspension, bodywork, ...). Repair set to [no].
If you just change tires, everything works all rigth, tires get changed and the car isn't repaired.
But if you (for any reason ) change the tire compound, the car will be repaired, no matter that repair is set to [no].

That's the problem with damage model and tire position. Currently tire position (camber etc) is all related to damage, Scawen said he'll fix this when he does general damage model improvements.
Scawen, you're a legend, thanks for opening up the LFS tracks Your improvements will surely lead to a much more interesting and flexible experience

I have a couple of suggestions now if I may

- With the new, increased track sizes, perhaps the maximum cars on track can be increased accordingly?

- Possibly allow the ramp object in BL1 for all tracks? The ramp is always an appreciated peice of fun
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG