The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Migz :I don't think you would have got a ban if it was a small crash.
I didn't get a ban even though i had a big crash, which was completely my fault, yet no ban though. So it must have been a bit more then just a small crash?

Well it happened. I got a 28 day ban for it as was on 2 year probation period.
If your in any accident on your own within the first 2 years and police find out you get a ban, though simple 28 day ban is a good result.

Though, knowing "loads" of people who have been banned is just lol worthy, that's like a guy being jailed for murder and shrugging it off because he knows plenty of murderers.

My car hasn't changed much.
Attached images
Image0035.jpg
Quote from Bawbag :If your in any accident on your own within the first 2 years and police find out you get a ban, though simple 28 day ban is a good result.

Though, knowing "loads" of people who have been banned is just lol worthy, that's like a guy being jailed for murder and shrugging it off because he knows plenty of murderers.

Is a good result seeing as the courts wanted to give me 9 points and revoke my license as I chose to take it to court. And got off with a 28 day ban and £50 fine. So better than doing my test again hence why I ain't bothered in the slightest about the ban :/
Quote from Bawbag :If your in any accident on your own within the first 2 years and police find out you get a ban, though simple 28 day ban is a good result.

Really? By that do you mean if you drive into a ditch you'll get a ban, and is this a new rule? Seems a bit stupid to me :/
Quote from pb32000 :Really? By that do you mean if you drive into a ditch you'll get a ban, and is this a new rule? Seems a bit stupid to me :/

2 year probation period is a stupid law. Tot up 6 points in 2 years, license revoked. Crashes etc. It's stupid.

As I've now been banned, I'm off of it apparently and can now have 12 points. But for some reason my 3 points didn't come off of my license which is stupid. Usually do
Well not really, it gives new drivers (well, you'd think it would anyway) a reason not to fly about on the limit, as one accident will see your licence revoked.

Which isn't a harsh rule to be honest, if a new driver crashes out in the back roads on his own then your not gunna put it down to bad conditions or unforseen circumstances are you?

It's not a new rule, it's been in place since the 2 years probation rule, which has been in place since before I passed 4 years ago.
Quote from sam93 :2 year probation period is a stupid law. Tot up 6 points in 2 years, license revoked. Crashes etc. It's stupid.

As I've now been banned, I'm off of it apparently and can now have 12 points. But for some reason my 3 points didn't come off of my license which is stupid. Usually do

What's stupid about it, so many idiots go out just after passing their test and cause accidents as it is, imagine what it would be like if they could get 12 points in stead of 6?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :crashed AGAIN!? how many cars have you destroyed? 10?

Urm just the 1. This is the same one that you commented on FB.
I've had 2 cars since passing my test, neither one has been crashed, neither one has even come close. Because now i actually know how to drive, and i know what speeds are silly to corner at and what aren't.

Quote from R34GTR :There's a difference between "shitty" and just plain dangerous

I wouldn't say its dangerous really, the only time it was dangerous was the one brake working. My car still stopped pretty quickly but just to be safe i just drove slower, and pretty much drove it straight to get checked.

Quote from hrtburnout :

And that is why insurance costs a fortune.

Protip to Migz: Brake before taking a corner.

I don't know if my crash would effect insurance, it was before i had a license, and i wasn't insured, and luckily nobody else was involved in it. It might just add 1 to the statistic of teen crashes, but as there was no insurance involved anywhere i don't know if insurance companies would take notice.

Quote from sam93 :Well it happened. I got a 28 day ban for it as was on 2 year probation period.

Is this 2 year probation something all of the UK has? It seems we don't have this law here.
Quote from sam93 :2 year probation period is a stupid law. Tot up 6 points in 2 years, license revoked. Crashes etc. It's stupid.

Points for normal offences remain on your licence for 4 years (11 for death by dangerous driving etc), insurance companies will ask you about any offenses within the last 5 years, and also if you have ever been banned before.

I imagine you will be paying high premiums for quite some time due to the ban.
My friends tell me I drive like an old man... Which I usually do, I'll only put my foot down and have a bit of fun when I can see MILES ahead - even then I won't break the speed limit or go to the limit of grip. Simply because if I crash/get points I can't afford to insure the car - I'd much rather have the money saved by having a clean license and NCB to spend on other things. Infact since passing my test nearly 6 years ago I've only been pulled over once and that was because I didn't realise I had fog lights on (was foggy the previous night when I drove and front ones were left on by accident)
Can't say i'm too suprised...
Quote from Bean0 :Points for normal offences remain on your licence for 4 years (11 for death by dangerous driving etc), insurance companies will ask you about any offenses within the last 5 years, and also if you have ever been banned before.

I imagine you will be paying high premiums for quite some time due to the ban.

£2500 a yr on a GTI Valver at 18. So yeah, pretty high :/

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Can't say i'm too suprised...

Doesn't suprise me you came back with something like that. Still nice to know some prick'ish people are about. Even though you know jack shit about the crash.
Quote from mr_x :I've only been pulled over once and that was because I didn't realise I had fog lights on (was foggy the previous night when I drove and front ones were left on by accident)

BMW/Audi driver? All the cars I've driven will firstly need headlights on to have the foglights on. And further to this, if it's a switch then it automatically turns off when you turn off the car?!

I had an accident, police attended. Breathalised me, asked if I was OK and then buggered off. No ban.
Quote from Migz :I don't know if my crash would effect insurance, it was before i had a license, and i wasn't insured

Quote from Bawbag :If your in any accident on your own within the first 2 years and police find out you get a ban

what? This is the first time i've heard this...ever. And many of my friends have crashed...

Seems like an utterly ridiculous rule imo... if you've passed your test, you've just as much right to be on the road as anyone else, so why the stupid restrictions?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :BMW/Audi driver? All the cars I've driven will firstly need headlights on to have the foglights on. And further to this, if it's a switch then it automatically turns off when you turn off the car?!

My car has different switch for foglights, that means if i turn on my usual lights then foglights will light up also when the switch has been left on. And it's a VW!
Quote from Jakg :
what? This is the first time i've heard this...ever. And many of my friends have crashed...

Seems like an utterly ridiculous rule imo... if you've passed your test, you've just as much right to be on the road as anyone else, so why the stupid restrictions?

shouldnt u drive with at least 1 parent in the car for 2 years after u get the license? maybe thats why u get a ban at least thats how it is in hungary
We live in the free world so don't have to do that.

What happens if you are Mowgli and don't have parents?
Quote from e2mustang :shouldnt u drive with at least 1 parent in the car for 2 years after u get the license? maybe thats why u get a ban at least thats how it is in hungary

The UK doesn't have such a policy - once you pass, your passed. Or not, as the case may be with some of these developments...
Quote from e2mustang :shouldnt u drive with at least 1 parent in the car for 2 years after u get the license? maybe thats why u get a ban at least thats how it is in hungary

wtf?

I hope you mean those semi-licenses what you may do at age 16 - 18, That would be ridicilous if i were for example 30 and i decide to do a driving licence because of a job and i have to take a parent with me to a work because of that, that would be utterly ridicilous
Quote from S14 DRIFT :BMW/Audi driver? All the cars I've driven will firstly need headlights on to have the foglights on. And further to this, if it's a switch then it automatically turns off when you turn off the car?!

Nah Toyota Yaris My mum's car, but I was named driver. The rear fog light switch goes off when you turn the headlights off, but the front one you have to turn off yourself. (odd, I know!) Was when it was dark too so had headlights on which = front fogs if you forget to turn them off.

Thankfully, I'm a Yaris driver no longer and have been a Ford Focus driver for the last 3 1/2 years!
Quote from sam93 :Doesn't suprise me you came back with something like that. Still nice to know some prick'ish people are about. Even though you know jack shit about the crash.

haha calm down jenson button, it's not the suprise of the century you wrote your car off mostly because a) you can't even control a pedal bike b) you think your awesome c) your modding your car to make it faster. Why don't you get some car control first?

Then you post videos of you ragging the shit out of your shed, you really don't help yourself and it's little bellends like you that make my insurance higher!

lol was the ditch larger than the mandatory ditch size? Are you suing the coucil?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :
Then you post videos of you ragging the shit out of your shed, you really don't help yourself and it's little bellends like you that make my insurance higher!

You know what... +1million to that!

I'm nearly 23 with not a single claim on insurance and 0 points since I passed my test at 17 (apart from a window that got blown out by demisters + same window when car got broken into inside a secure car park), yet for a 1.6l Ford Focus on an 03 plate I'm still paying £790 for insurance despite 3 years NCB (had 2 years as named driver which got me 0 NCB), just because I'm classed as a 'young driver' who they think is going to stick the car into a tree at every opportunity.

If it wasn't for young twats thinking they're F1 champions and who drove a car like they should (ie. not sticking it into a tree/ditch/whatever) then I'd hazard a guess that my insurance would be HALF the price that it is. I have zero sympathy at all for anybody who crashes their car by driving like a tit.
Quote from mr_x :You know what... +1million to that!

I'm nearly 23 with not a single claim on insurance and 0 points since I passed my test at 17 (apart from a window that got blown out by demisters + same window when car got broken into inside a secure car park), yet for a 1.6l Ford Focus on an 03 plate I'm still paying £790 for insurance despite 3 years NCB (had 2 years as named driver which got me 0 NCB), just because I'm classed as a 'young driver' who they think is going to stick the car into a tree at every opportunity.

If it wasn't for young twats thinking they're F1 champions and who drove a car like they should (ie. not sticking it into a tree/ditch/whatever) then I'd hazard a guess that my insurance would be HALF the price that it is. I have zero sympathy at all for anybody who crashes their car by driving like a tit.

Amen Brother.

I'm a young driver myself (19), but whenever I overtake a young lad on the dual carriageway, they see it as some sort of invitation to a race.

Pisses me off!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Amen Brother.

I'm a young driver myself (19), but whenever I overtake a young lad on the dual carriageway, they see it as some sort of invitation to a race.

Pisses me off!

Here's the problem:

Your car looks like this.
Quote from PoVo :Here's the problem:

Your car looks like this.

Cars like that now make me cringe. YYUUUKKK.

I see what people are coming from when you overtake a young driver. Yes, I'm 18 myself, but when going home on breaks at college, I overtake what I can just call a chav, they'll try to catch me. Or when you go to overtake someone they try to block you thinking their 1.2 Corsa is fast y0! lol
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG