The online racing simulator
Hi Guys,

needs some advice with the Nascar challenge, I have read everywhere that you should turn ABS off for this challenge, however, you cannot turn ABS OFF, all you can do is put ABS down to level 1 but there is no OFF option? Is this correct?

Thanks for your reply
It's good we can now adjust all the individual gears, and there in now weight ballast to adjust in the car.
Didn't like how the changes in weight, power etc flashes to the 'pp' and 'kg's'. Hard on the eyes.
Quote from Madman_CZ :Hi Guys,

needs some advice with the Nascar challenge, I have read everywhere that you should turn ABS off for this challenge, however, you cannot turn ABS OFF, all you can do is put ABS down to level 1 but there is no OFF option? Is this correct?

Thanks for your reply

Hmm? So you cannot disable ABS now?
Quote from speed1230 :Jesus Christ, the handling in the X1/X2010 is so sensative that I keep cutting corners
I think I need a bit of help on the challenge...

IKR! This car is too twitchy. It's like I'm playing Race Driver GRID again.

Has anyone noticed some of the standards look a bit better after the update? The wheel surrondings still lack AA, but other textures look better. See here.

Here is a pic of the RS200 I took after the update. Reflections seem a bit more hi-res now:
if we cant dissable abs anymore, this game goes straight to the "might throw in when a friend is over maybe" section
Quote from speed1230 :Hmm? So you cannot disable ABS now?

It seems that way, I have managed to do all the challenges now, only ones i have left are the Mercedes level 24 challenges as I haven't unlocked it yet.

Bah!

Btw, i thought that the Veyron is a premium car in the game, i guess I was wrong?
Would someone set their F2010 to "online" please? Would quite like to try one, and I think that's how it works. Not tried a single seater yet, and I have very few credits at the moment (was hoping for some big-buck seasonal events )
I just had quite a lot of fun online - TG stars in a reasonably priced car was pretty fun (used a Swift Sport) and did some rallying at K Trail reverse
Won my X1/X2010 today in the Vettel challenge, thanks to the little guy below for helping me grind the Dream Car Indy race to get from lvl 29-30!
Attached images
190220111186.jpg
Wall-e !!!!!!
Quote from TiJay :Won my X1/X2010 today in the Vettel challenge, thanks to the little guy below for helping me grind the Dream Car Indy race to get from lvl 29-30!

Elestic band can be used too (GT3 trick).
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :It's good we can now adjust all the individual gears, and there in now weight ballast to adjust in the car.
Didn't like how the changes in weight, power etc flashes to the 'pp' and 'kg's'. Hard on the eyes.

agreed. i like faster menus but they ****ed up the value changes when prepping or installing a part
Quote from sinbad :Would someone set their F2010 to "online" please? Would quite like to try one, and I think that's how it works. Not tried a single seater yet, and I have very few credits at the moment (was hoping for some big-buck seasonal events )

add me - maSonn09
I'll set the F2010 to online for you.
Quote from theirishnoob :agreed. i like faster menus but they ****ed up the value changes when prepping or installing a part

I maybe mistaken but are a few of the little gauges in the cockpit view seem to be now working. I know the fuel gauge didn't work in the cockpit view but I haven't done a long enough race to see if this has changed.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :I maybe mistaken but are a few of the little gauges in the cockpit view seem to be now working. I know the fuel gauge didn't work in the cockpit view but I haven't done a long enough race to see if this has changed.

ive never noticed myself as im too busy winning... tbh, i tend not to knit-pick such things about it cause unlike lfs its getting fixed
Quote from LineR32 :Elestic band can be used too (GT3 trick).

That's how I'm leveling. I've gone from 33 to 37 in a few days.
I hadn't played GT5 for nearly a month, however went on it yesterday and got re-addicted! The new patch is very good, puts GT5 to where it should have been at release!

Also finally managed to reach level 30, the X2010 is insane! Got bronze on Nurburgring and Monza but keep hitting the grass and failing on Suzuka. I have no idea how to reach the gold time! :|
I haven't "played" GT5 for a few weeks. I power-ground my B-Spec driver to 40, and now I'm power-grinding my a-Spec into Level 40 for the trophy. That leaves me with Gold standard, buy 1000 cars and then I'm platinum'd.
Quote from mr_x :I hadn't played GT5 for nearly a month, however went on it yesterday and got re-addicted! The new patch is very good, puts GT5 to where it should have been at release!

Also finally managed to reach level 30, the X2010 is insane! Got bronze on Nurburgring and Monza but keep hitting the grass and failing on Suzuka. I have no idea how to reach the gold time! :|

I miss bronze on the nurburgring by a second.
Quote from LineR32 :Elestic band can be used too (GT3 trick).

Can somebody explain how to use that?
Wall-E is indeed great at grinding GT5

Speed: Watch the demo lap, I think it's by Vettel. Basically you'll find out you can go flat out in a lot more places.
Quote from sinbad :Would someone set their F2010 to "online" please? Would quite like to try one, and I think that's how it works. Not tried a single seater yet, and I have very few credits at the moment (was hoping for some big-buck seasonal events )

Done

Also F1 2007 and other expensive race cars is shared as well
Thanks Col
- thanks also Mason, adding you
Quote from Myffe :Can somebody explain how to use that?

I second that, often I find myself thinking, what on earth are those people talking about afraid of being made a noob for not knowing and asking ....

Edit:

Have a technical question, has your GT5 ever hang going from the GT5 main screen to GT MODE? Mine just hangs with the GT5 loading screen and I cannot get to the GT MODE section?
Quote from Myffe :Can somebody explain how to use that?

A-spec auto grinding:
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161147

The online tuning aspect is kind of sucky because cars that don't have any extra parts are almost useless for online. You need at least few different tires (racing softs, comforts softs and sports hard and softs) plus at least half of the tuning parts so you can aim at the chosen pp level. And to hit a certain pp number you need probably all the 3 types of racing tires which also gets expensive fast. I like the idea of you race what you bring but it would be better if you could at least buy tires online...

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG