The online racing simulator
Sell LFS on Steam!
(152 posts, started )
It isn't alpha anymore.
it is.
Quote from Myffe :I always forget that lfs is still a beta (DEVELOPERS LOOK HERE---> STILL A BETA <---DEVELOPERS LOOK HERE)

lfs has alot in common with google then... except the moneys that is...
I love steam, and I love this idea. DO IT
Quote from Takumi_lfs :it is.

First, check the LFS in-game entry screen at the bottom. The ALPHA tag isn't there anymore. This is what Scawen said (hmm, I see it's about 0.6A but still, thre isn't the tag anymore now as well):

Quote from Scawen :(...)

One thing we discussed was the possibility of just calling the software "Live for Speed 0.6A" and forget about the Alpha / Beta tag. It's very stable software so doesn't really need those tags. There are several things that can be improved and added but that is beside the point. I hope that explains a bit more what we are thinking. The version number being less than 1.0 does express that it still has a way to go.

I hate Steam but anything t bring in more players is a bonus to me! Maybe in the future (after S3 is released though)
LFS's beta, is more stable than ANY of EA's releases! lol

Realistically, they should remove the tags since we pay for the software.

I just wonder if there is ANY development going on at all anymore.
Quote from ColeusRattus :b) LfS is cheaper/ the devs have more revenue per sale, as there is no third party wanting to earn money with it.

Had LFS used Steam exclusively from the start, this wouldn't be the case. There's costs associated with distribution, even digitally, regardless of whether it's the LFS devs or Steam taking care of it.

It may have been a better decision to outsource distribution. It's one less thing for the LFS devs to maintain, so they can concentrate on making a good game, while Steam takes care of the retail side of things.

This isn't the case anymore, I think we've gotten to the point now where LFS depends on the distribution method it has too much to switch 100% to another. Especially given the violent feelings some people here have towards anyone even muttering the word 'Steam'.

If LFS were to adopt Steam as a distribution method, it would probably mean using both Steam and the existing distribution model simultaneously. And it's difficult to justify paying for/maintaining two distribution models at once.

In one sentence; Outsourcing the distribution right now doesn't have the same benefit it did on day 1.
I know this thread was dead for a while now, but I was thinking about the exactly same thing these days. Since there is this new Greenlight thing, couldn't the Devs think about it and at least to put it up to a vote? Obviously, by using Greenlight system.
It would definitely bring more people into this sim, but then again, majority of steam players are CoD kids and I can't think of what you have to obey/loose when signing an contract with Steam. I don't think they would profit, if you know what I mean.
Maybe...
But free2play
What about greenlight? Since it's so popular these days... Anyone got some details on what the developer contract with Steam contains?
Only downside i can think of right now is entry fee, some 100 bucks i heard?
Also the number of votes needed to get green light is high, I doubt LFS will get those numbers.
if the whole community as of now votes for it?

I think it'd be up there.
Then the problem comes, trolls will vote it down. Then you have the rest of the SIM community which is divided. Some will vote it down, some up, but in total I think it will be under the line sadly.

However, trying to get it there is there nothing wrong with, and if it comes there I will vote for it!
Quote from theodu69 :Maybe...
But free2play

No..

I'd love to have LFS on Steam. For some reason I love to see the time I have spent on a game. Also, would love to have all my games organized at one place.
Steam? Thanks but no thanks.
It'd be really great to see LFS on Steam, after all, it's the best gaming platform with best community at the moment.
Good idea tbh, I know alot of people on my steam friends list whom I have told about the game, they now own an S2 License
Quote from E.Reiljans :It'd be really great to see LFS on Steam, after all, it's the best gaming platform with best community at the moment.

y u no stahp exaggerations
I kind of fail to see the benefit of that. LFS has well established and perfectly working distribution system which is under full Scavier's control. Right now LFS is Scavier's property and they can do whatever they want with it. Once it's available on Steam, the devs will be bound by some contract with Valve and I can't see that being a good thing. Valve would also certainly keep some percents of the profit for themselves, so the end-user price of the Steam version would be higher.
What useful features LFS could benefit from that outweigh the cons does Steam offer?
Quote from mp5cod :y u no stahp exaggerations

What you're doing here? Shouldn't you be in church, praying to god or something?
Im going to report you to the administrators. It isnt a rule but it unethical to be using the lower case g.

Sell LFS on Steam!
(152 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG