The online racing simulator
Sell LFS on Steam!
(152 posts, started )
#151 - col
Quote from Jertje :There is legislation within the EU which protects your rights in these cases.

Can you point me to that legislation please, so I can have a look at it.
Quote :

If you broke their user agreement - who are you to ask questions?

That's a fair point. The real issue though is what happens when you didn't break their user agreement, but they _think_ you did, what happens then?
Quote :
you're a paying customer. Banning a guy who spends hundreds of euros on games for frivoloties is hardly a solid business plan.

Banning a small percentage of users unfairly won't have an impact on their business, particularly if they are a huge company with a near Monopoly, and legislation is weak, or unclear. Unless the users work together to defend each other. That won't happen if the majority who haven't been unfairly treated just says "well, it works fine for me and they seem like nice people". Large corporations feed on this sort of apathy.
Quote :
These guys are not the spawn of Satan or anything. They sell games and offer customer service to retain those customers.

Unfortunately, companies run by great guys sometimes get bought buy the spawn of Satan, then everything goes to hell in a hand basket.
Quote :

You might ask the same question in a different context: what if your house burns down and you lose your entire library of games?

I can do all sorts of things to minimise the risk of fire in my house, I can also take out insurance. I can't DO anything to minimise risks associated with a digital distribution system like Steam... other than choose not to use it, which is what I do.
Bump:

I'd say a better way to keep some money rolling in is to add some kind of a monthly premium fee. I've always thought the LFS deal is way too generous anyways. I mean the demo mode keeps people covered for years in some cases. Premium should in my opinion give stuff like:
More skins (the non premium skin amount should be lower, like maybe 3 skins)
Higher skin resolution (1024^2) that other people download with or without premium.
More setup slots maybe? Forcing people without premium to move files around folders.

Sell LFS on Steam!
(152 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG