The online racing simulator
Sell LFS on Steam!
(152 posts, started )
LFS on steam?
I can't help but notice the threads about the decline of LFS popularity.

Here's an idea.. Advertise and sell on Steam?
Put it on Steam and I'd never play again. That would be a sad sad day

And the LFS popularity hasn't declined too much. Everyone complains more, but that is what internet communities do from time to time. There are a billion servers and plenty of people online most of the time - the problem is that they are typically spread out.
Steam, then you get all these arcade idiots

It's possible but first there need to be better access / crash control. It's to easy now to act as a complete idiot on any server.
If it would be on steam I will stop playing, like blackbird. I don't like steam at all, and I don't see the advantage of it for us, only for the dev's in sales, but I think steam can't offer games they can't sell, because LFS is only via their own site, right? And I doubt LFS would do this.
They should also put it on eBay, so even more !"#$%& can come here...
#6 - VoiD
Nothing wrong with it when all steamers are forced to drive on "special" steam-servers.

Quote from setup.cfg :
// no/yes
/usesteam=yes

And of course we need an additional ingame-filter: steam=no/yes (Same as for cruise..)
No, i dont like the idea, Steam suck, steam community suck, steam in general suck.
Game can be sold both on Steam and Steam-less, like Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Mass Effect 2.
how about a commercial????
I'm just throwing ideas out there to get the numbers up

Flight simulator is on there, many pilots play that the same way many drivers play lfs, the others just stop playing, still a purchase.

Worse case scenario I think if people flocked to LFS is that certain pro servers will lift there LFS XP requirement to enter
Quote from Inouva :No, i dont like the idea, Steam suck

Steam works, steam is ok.
Quote from Inouva :steam community suck

You're playing with the wrong kind of people, you could go play with other animugamers on ex. TF2
Quote from Inouva :steam in general suck.

Just like you then, i'd guess
IMO Steam is very good

But LFS should be LFS itself without any 3rd parties
i've found that if someone is serious enough about sim racing, then they will find lfs sooner or later. i think this method is best as it already sorts out the simmers from the arcaders.
"If you build it, they will come" comes to mind
Quote from nikopdr :Steam works, steam is ok.
You're playing with the wrong kind of people, you could go play with other animugamers on ex. TF2 Just like you then, i'd guess

Maybe yes. As other "Good" and "Exelent" Sim racer ex:Iracing or Rfactor or Nektarpro, they arent on steam for the same reason as lfs stay out of steam.
Meanwhile GTR Evolution, Race 07, STCC: The Game and Race On, which were made by same company as rFactor, are present on Steam.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Meanwhile GTR Evolution, Race 07, STCC: The Game and Race On, which were made by same company as rFactor, are present on Steam.

Thx for the info.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Meanwhile GTR Evolution, Race 07, STCC: The Game and Race On, which were made by same company as rFactor, are present on Steam.

Thats not true, sir. Those games are made on the same engine as rFactor, but they were made by SimBin, not ISI

Quote from Whiskey :Thats not true, sir. Those games are made on the same engine as rFactor, but they were made by SimBin, not ISI

This is a fact, and we know that GTR evolution , Race 07 , STCC and Race on, are the exact same game as Rfactor, Same engine , same physics, same "crap", The 6 games feels the same ( Yes 6 if we include the bmw and volvo sim)

You need to know that the 3 MAYOR sim are : Live for speed, Iracing and Netkar pro, rfactor and the rest are the "Seccondary" sim race games, That why LFS / Ir / NKp arent in steam
NO NO NO steam!!! NEVER steam!!!
I hope that LFS never go on steam.
What exactly is wrong with Steam? I've never had a problem with it.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :What exactly is wrong with Steam? I've never had a problem with it.

From my experiences.
Any patches that come out for a DVD original version take much longer to be supported on the steam version. (GTR-Evo)Then you have half the users on a different version and forums related to that software get clogged with confused people trying to run updates on steam versions or vice versa.

I've had one steam game (ShaunWhite), it never included the patch required to MAKE THE GAME WORK so I had to do backflips to install the official downloadable patch over the steam version.
Steam installs in it's own file structure so most user created mods/addons won't even work.
Also sometimes stuff is supported on the steam version and NOT on the DVD version. (DCS:BS)

I constanly read:
I have steam version it works fine for me and others can't make it work.
or
I have DVD version it works fine and others can't make it work.

If you are unfortunate enough to have bought the wrong version then tough.........

My experiences with it are enough to make me never want to touch it again.

It's annoying. They should either release something fully supported on Steam AND DVD or not at all, or just on Steam only. Not half assed mishmashed poo just so they can turn a few more $$$.
Steam as a selling platform is good idea. I don't understand the hate against it, it works perfectly and i'm very satisfied customer. You get all updates, patches and information first-hand and i'm not even talking about some sales.

The community is full of little kiddies and idiots, but in case of LFS i'm certain that majority of them would keep their activities in CS, BF, ISI games and other mass games, where they feel comfortable amongst their kind, instead of wasting their time to handle the most realisticaly behaving cars available on PC. I'd go for it, depending on how much would the Steam as company would like to add to the price.

Just my :twocents:.
Quote from JasonJ :Any patches that come out for a DVD original version take much longer to be supported on the steam version.

Publishers are ones to blame, not Valve.
LFS already has a working selling platform and very convenient auto-update system, so why bother with migration to something else? Steam itself is not a bad idea, but there is quite s bunch of annoyances lot of us might find repulsive. Requirement of working internet connection is the one of them.
Steam doesn't requires working internet connection. After you logged into your account (with "Remember my password" checked), you can disconnect your PC from internet and keep using Steam. Same as LFS unlocking needs internet connection.

Sell LFS on Steam!
(152 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG