iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote :Dallara has reduced grip at ovals and increased drag at large ovals (but not Indianapolis).

This is a bit worrying...
Quote from DeKo :It's also available here:

I prefer the nice, easy to read html version than the 12 page pdf monstrosity they provide.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :This is a bit worrying...

I don't really see the reasoning behind it tbh, but apparantly they think it's beneficial to do that for their "Premier League".
Sure makes it sound a lot more like a spreadsheet-based "sim".
theyve had those random "were just making things up as we go along like everyone else" physics changes in past changelogs as well
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Sure makes it sound a lot more like a spreadsheet-based "sim".

I never really understood why they kept that system to begin with. It can never be accurate.

Also, I don't know if you still have the emails from beta, but you should read the "updates" back then. It was freakin hilarious to go back and read those the other day when cleaning out my email folder.

Inertia changes like a flip of a switch, radical with flickering fenders, and much more.
Quote from PMD9409 :I never really understood why they kept that system to begin with. It can never be accurate.

Not necessarily true with two imperfect approaches, it's all about resolution.

Clearly a physical model is better and I am happy they are doing that; but if you do have actual data to work with - you could probably get closer with a very good spreadsheet sim done right that you can with a physical model full of approximations - case in point that the Solstice is far more believable than the XRG, right here, today. It's all varying degrees anyway but iRacing were the first people that at least pulled of a fine attempt at the emperical approach, despite it's flaws.

I think a big part of it is being able to measure results against what is, in fact real - with LFS it was always easy in years past to dismiss it's shortcomings because there was no benchmark, so the flaws were easy to smooth over and justify mentally.
Well I look at it more as spreadsheet sims have their limits. You should make a physical model off real data. Besides, they spent millions of dollars in order to get accurate data for each car, so why do they change things each season?
Who knows.

Interpretation failure?

Spreadsheet cell failure?

Underlying formula failure?
Sounds like I am paying them to fail now.
lol
So how did everyone do in the 2.4 hours? I got 4th in split 7 in the Riley
8 hours practice for 3 laps racing.
All day practicing pays off. P1 in Split 1 baby!!

Gotta thank Nolan for giving me the setup LAST year.
Top split P6 in the Mustang. Could have had an easy podium spot, but I don't think some DP drivers understand the fact that the Mustang can't be pinched into corners, especially T1. So therefore I drove a car that looked like a TowTruck for the last 60 laps.
Norbi is bleedin fast.

Gratz Ken!
I saw some impressive videos for iRacing. Is it possible to try it for free for some period of time or anything similar. I would like to gi it try...

The move of mass and supsension seems to behave more realistically then in LFS :-((

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72JDMKgC9Ec
I would prefer to see the suspension work of girls swimming rather than this guy
I'm sure that's not the video he wanted to paste here.
There might be another $5, 1 month trial someday, but that could be - well no one knows. For free, I doubt it. But if you couldn't spend just a tiny amount to test ($12 is tiny, when my PC costs $1100) it then it would be unlikely you would spend the other dollars required to buy other content no matter how good it is. Races with the standard content are very popular so there should be no problem finding races to get your value for 1 month.

That's the reason I tried it to, same as you. The cars seemed to move around realistically in youtube vids and it looked nice. I didn't try it for many months because I wanted to try it for free as well. You could do what I did and watch hundreds of vids about it um'ing and ar'ing.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG