The online racing simulator
Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
Quote from UncleBenny :I was actually already planning on building a full scale hockey arena in the near future. Its going to be massive though, I built a not-to-scale football arena on another server I used to play on and it was absolutely huge. I would have no problem building this within the confines of your city though.

I was just wondering why arent you making it out of Ice instead of wool?? There were like frozen lakes and stuffs Just wondering.
Needs the monsters back. It's too boring to play at the moment.
Quote from AstroBoy :I was just wondering why arent you making it out of Ice instead of wool?? There were like frozen lakes and stuffs Just wondering.

Because I can't transport ice, and if I happened to break a piece of ice while building on it, then I wouldn't be able to get it back as far as I know. You're right that real ice would probably look better than wool and glass though. I'm going to need A TON of wool for this thing.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Needs the monsters back. It's too boring to play at the moment.

if youre playing singleplayer then turn off peaceful difficulty if you didnt know
#980 - Uke
Quote from nikopdr :if youre playing singleplayer then turn off peaceful difficulty if you didnt know

Nah they took mobs out of the server.
Quote from DevilDare :To be honest If you cant even trust people not to destroy other houses and steal chests from fellow players, trusting them to a project this big is stupid.

Unless you carefully pick out the team of people you trust and dont allow randoms in. But it kinda beats the point of the whole "city" then.

Good idea though.

I think we might be alright with the new whitelist. It's worth a shot anyway, and the simplicity of the build process makes it possible for anyone to contribute. Additionally, anyone can make up a new 10x10 square for a canal, park, city wall or other type of map piece and then post it here. As long as they fit well with the other pieces it's easy to list them in a thread on the minecraft forums and they can be used as reference by all the builders.

Later tonight I'll try to lay down a 10x30 stretch of road with player lots on both sides to start us off, and post the coordinates here. Might as well see what becomes of it, and it might keep players from getting bored with the lack of monsters
I will say that being able to build large structures without monsters blowing your stuff up constantly is kind of nice. Before I normally just chilled in my big glass dome all night.
Mobs back pls! the lag is because someones are discovering new areas far away from spawn, not because of mobs!

E: i miss creepers! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ui7cp_5ykI
Mobs spawn too much, its a bug, it lags the server nonstop. Discovering new land lags it only for a short while
Attached images
2011-01-25_17.56.31.png
and when the update comes, the server has no mod on anymore, then we have to wait again for the mod etc etc
Quote from Jertje :I think we might be alright with the new whitelist. It's worth a shot anyway, and the simplicity of the build process makes it possible for anyone to contribute. Additionally, anyone can make up a new 10x10 square for a canal, park, city wall or other type of map piece and then post it here. As long as they fit well with the other pieces it's easy to list them in a thread on the minecraft forums and they can be used as reference by all the builders.

Later tonight I'll try to lay down a 10x30 stretch of road with player lots on both sides to start us off, and post the coordinates here. Might as well see what becomes of it, and it might keep players from getting bored with the lack of monsters

I'm in

PM me with info pl0x, I'll claim a lot.I assume walled city? If so I'll tear down my plane/house/thing
Any chance we could get one of those big maps generated of what the world looks like so far? I'm wondering what other cool stuff people made that I haven't seen yet.
Quote from UncleBenny :Any chance we could get one of those big maps generated of what the world looks like so far? I'm wondering what other cool stuff people made that I haven't seen yet.

+1, I want to see how far I'm really. and morpha is going in like 3000 -7000 or something. will be a huuuuuge ass map
Quote from unclebenny :any chance we could get one of those big maps generated of what the world looks like so far? I'm wondering what other cool stuff people made that i haven't seen yet.

+123456789
Could I be added to the whitelist please?

User = spooke

Thanks
Quote from UncleBenny :Any chance we could get one of those big maps generated of what the world looks like so far? I'm wondering what other cool stuff people made that I haven't seen yet.

Yeah, +1
I've started construction of the first sections of the city at -70 -400
Everything is open for construction I guess. Anything built there (I built 1 house and half a fence around the lot next to it) is just an example.

I'll add more tomorrow, the land needs a lot of work around the city, but being located close to the sea/a mountain I thought it would be a nice starting point
I'll come help maybe later, to form the surface
Quote from lukelfs :Could I be added to the whitelist please?

User = spooke

Thanks

added.

and abou the map, some ppl didnt want one so there hideouts dont revealed.
also, last time i tried the app just kept crashing on me.
dont know why
Could you add me as well then?

DevilDaree

Thanks.
I started flattening/leveling the area and laying harbour street, mamoru cut down most of the surrounding trees and put up the fences.

On the far side of Harbour street I carved out the outline for the Beach Hotel.
It's planned to occupy an area of 10x20 (double lot) and it'll go down at least another 10 + ~6 (wine cellar). Don't know about the height yet, but probably between 12 and 20. Objections?
it is a VERY long walk from my house and the spawn.. damnn

I am gathering resources at the moment and putting them in a public chest at the house in the town. Free to take anything in there.

Don't get used to that mountain, by the way. It is going down
I'd like to check out what everyone has been building, whitelist nycska please?
How do you make a chest private?
Let alone i had a nice time today finding out you can actually private chest i had a smile when i found out now my stuff is safe
Quote from DevilDare :Could you add me as well then?

DevilDaree

Thanks.

added.

Quote from titanLS :I'd like to check out what everyone has been building, whitelist nycska please?

added as well.

Quote from AstroBoy :How do you make a chest private?
Let alone i had a nice time today finding out you can actually private chest i had a smile when i found out now my stuff is safe

u cant make existing chests private.
u need to place a new one.
to place a private chest type "/cc 1" and place chests.
all chests from that point should be private chests for you.
when u type "/cc 2" u will place public chests.

Minecraft
(2685 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG