The online racing simulator
that ain't really it, that's a set combo sort of like Turn 10's monthly time trial challenge.
Ahh, that's a downer.. but still awesome stuff in there nonetheless.
Thought of updates

Reality of updates with 50kb/s
The Red Bull X1 is now called the X2010. They probably changed it because BMW had a problem with the name (BMW Has its own X1... one of the ugliest models they've ever made) OR there is going to be an X2011 as DLC.
Unfortunately not much for me personally in this update No leaderboards really bummed me.. maybe experience and money from online races, but WHAT online races.. there are exactly 8 (eight) rooms in Europe/Australia with Skid recovery off. And almost all of them run idiotic combos like Eiger rally and All cars allowed..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Unfortunately not much for me personally in this update No leaderboards really bummed me.. maybe experience and money from online races, but WHAT online races.. there are exactly 8 (eight) rooms in Europe/Australia with Skid recovery off. And almost all of them run idiotic combos like Eiger rally and All cars allowed..

Yep. I ALWAYS have to make my own room running spec cars from the limited list and hope that maybe someone will join that doesn't think comfort tyres are just drift tyres.
Those seasonal races were far too easy. Does anybody know how often they get replaced by new ones?
Quote from JJ72 :also a daily log-in bonus, which i've not seen before.

It's been there the whole time, must of had like 50 museum pieces opened.
Whel I have come to a worrying conclusion after I read that the coder for the Ethusia Professional Racing physics did the GT5 ones to.
I have come across the same problem as in enthusia, which is the unrealistic grip level that racing tyres provide.

I mean the grip they make is insane this is in no way realistic.
I can can co trough turns with my tyres screaming and smoking like crazy are they serious!?
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Whel I have come to a worrying conclusion after I read that the coder for the Ethusia Professional Racing physics did the GT5 ones to.
I have come across the same problem as in enthusia, which is the unrealistic grip level that racing tyres provide.

I mean the grip they make is insane this is in no way realistic.
I can can co trough turns with my tyres screaming and smoking like crazy are they serious!?

The coder of the Enthusia physics engine works for PD, but he isn't soley responsible for the physics. There are other people credited with vehicle dynamics.

Racing hards don't feel too bad. They have much less grip than any other GT game so far
Anyone else not able to connect to the server?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Anyone else not able to connect to the server?

Nope, seems down atm. Kinda sucks.
No problems here

I can confirm that heavy damage setting effects the AI and they pit to fix it
CoolCol, does GT Academy works for you? I logged with my US account and it's not among Seasonal events Do you have to have a US version of a game or something?
Quote from Boris Lozac :CoolCol, does GT Academy works for you? I logged with my US account and it's not among Seasonal events Do you have to have a US version of a game or something?

Nope, EU version, and I don't see it on my US account. Don't worry EU is getting their own GT academy too

--------------------------------------------

Drunk driver on a Sunday drive
Some progressive damage effects on a standard model car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W31NbPlkdXE
Testing the v1.05 offline damage on a track I made before on the Course Generator, with other AI cars. Collisions seems better too, as are the AI reactions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBX1a7ViAJc

---

Nice the SuperGT Fuji B-Spec race pays out 99,000 credits now!
And the game doesn't need to reload anymore to start another race straight after finishing it
a amount of online credit is tiny.....that's the problem with the leveling system itself really, still think the exp system has no place in this game.
Quote from CoolColJ :Testing the v1.05 offline damage on a track I made before on the Course Generator, with other AI cars. Collisions seems better too, as are the AI reactions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBX1a7ViAJc

---

Nice the SuperGT Fuji B-Spec race pays out 99,000 credits now!
And the game doesn't need to reload anymore to start another race straight after finishing it

Wow, actualy the Ai was improved, the yellow Ruf was chasing you all over the track for drafting..

Realy cool!
The AI is actually not as atrocious as people seem. They do yield to blue flags actually quite decently, and they are a lot better for passing. Not fantastic, but not as braindead as before.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The AI is actually not as atrocious as people seem. They do yield to blue flags actually quite decently, and they are a lot better for passing. Not fantastic, but not as braindead as before.

I always thought that regarding the way they respond to the cars around them is fine, its their catastrophic lack of pace that grinds my balls off. Needing to use 3 compounds worse off tyres than them just to have a decent race just shouldn't be necessary.
I don't find the pace to be that bad.. but I suck
has anyone played the AI in forza and gt? Which one is better? I would imagine that they're pretty similar in that once you pass them, they're gone forever but I don't know for sure. Its always weird when you battle a car for 3 or more laps and when you finally pass them its like they give up.
Seasonal events are a nice little addition, something to hold a little bit of interest.

The A spec races are a nice CR and XP bonus, shame they are a little......unbalanced, the one with the least rewards is actually the hardest out of the bunch, its the only one that took me a few tries, the rest I golded straight away.

Hopefully they will continue adding little events like this, will increase its longevity no end.
Quote from danowat :Seasonal events are a nice little addition, something to hold a little bit of interest.

The A spec races are a nice CR and XP bonus, shame they are a little......unbalanced, the one with the least rewards is actually the hardest out of the bunch, its the only one that took me a few tries, the rest I golded straight away.

Hopefully they will continue adding little events like this, will increase its longevity no end.

You mean the seasonal event with the Fiat 500?
I cant seem to gold it
Yes, the Fiat 500, upgrade the car a little (sport filter, sport clutch / flywheel, 5 sp close ratio box, carbon bonnet, suspension), and its much easier

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG