The online racing simulator
How about both?

I'm all in for a different combo every week too though. (I was meant to say that in my last post but forgot!)
Whatever is fine with me!
Time Trial leaderboards are coming in a few days, they have to cause GT Academy starts 20th december and the rankings will be made out of the best times from the leaderboards. Other things you're people are mentioning are really not bothering me at all... tuning options? not into that sort of stuff, you're annoyed by some really irrelevant stuff while there are other things to be annoyed about, like lack of tracks etc..
Saving different "tunes" or "setups" is certainly not irrelevent to me, as for the lack of tracks, considering the "career" mode doesn't use all the available tracks, I'd say there was enough....for now.
Well that's another issue, playing it like it's an RPG I'm looking at it from a totally different angle.. avoiding the stupid "skid recovery forced ON" career events..
As for the setups, i'm kinda glad that everyone is forced to use the same one.. what almost 'killed' LFS for me, are the stupid setups that make the car behave totally unrealistic, and you're kinda forced to use them if you want to be competitive..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well that's another issue, playing it like it's an RPG I'm looking at it from a totally different angle.. avoiding the stupid "skid recovery forced ON" career events..

If it was possible to have all the content I paid for, without "playing like an RPG", then I wouldn't bother with career, at all.

The fact is, PD have made it so we all have to trudge (backwards and forwards) down this yellow brick road to unlock content, so its not really a choice is it
Well there is a choice.. i did all the 'less painfull' events like AMG, Top Gear, Nascar, Kart, Licences etc.. and got arround a million credits out of it (with selling the rewards car etc..) Bought myself Eunos Roadster, NSX-R, LFA, 370Z, have the Facebook Jag XJ13, Special Edition Eunos 91 as a licence reward.. and still have like around 400.000cr. Gonna buy more street cars.. so it's plenty of content to play with, until (hopefully) credits are earned through online races..
How can you sell reward cars? My game won't let me sell any car that I have won.....
Quote from BlueFlame :How can you sell reward cars? My game won't let me sell any car that I have won.....

You're doing it wrong, i don't know.. You can't sell all of them but majority of them you can..
So.. I have 6 million credits, have B-Specced my guy through everything almost. Still need the Formula GT.
Quote from GAVD999 :Its the same price at play with free delivery here and its in stock. So tempted to buy it

Cheers, just ordered with HDMI and triggers. Anyone know delivery times? Can't find them and didn't tell me through the order.

EDIT: 3-5 working days!! fml
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Cheers, just ordered with HDMI and triggers. Anyone know delivery times? Can't find them and didn't tell me through the order.

Ordered a fair bit from them and delivery is usually within a couple of days.

Edit : I see you just found out
Just got it, installing now ... 8GB DAMN! 50 secs remaining has been on the screen for much longer then 50 seconds. So I'm killing time on the forum.

PSN: Dyflmez.

Any tips you wish to share to someone starting out with GT5?
Quote from Dygear :J

Buy Mazda Eunos Roadster 89 as a starting car AMG and Top Gear special events are fun.. licences are fun, everything else in the 'career' is a pain..
Yeah, Nascar isn't bad either, Jeff is very generous with the cash and experience points..
Quote from Dygear :Just got it, installing now ... 8GB DAMN! 50 secs remaining has been on the screen for much longer then 50 seconds. So I'm killing time on the forum.

PSN: Dyflmez.

Don't buy anything as a starting car. Use the liscences to gain cars, do the kart series in kart you win from one of the liscenes and do the other special events that you do not need a car for. The biggest mistake I made was buying a car in the beginning, you can earn lots of money in the beginning without a car. You get alot of prize cars from the special events and licenses if you get gold on them all, so it's worth doing that rather than buying a car.
I'm working my way through the "career" mode, slowly. I'm trying to use cars that will keep the races entertaining - I've very few complaints about the AI really, I know a lot of people say that they spin you off and other things, but they seem quite good, if a little too happy to fall back once you are past them.

I suppose I'm doing it because it's there. I'm not really bothered about the RedBull car, or being able to say I've completed it, and I think I'll be quite likely to give up once it becomes a grind.

About 1.6m credits - still looking for the Yellowbird!

On a positive note, I had some good online races yesterday with a French guy in stock RX7s (from that garage list). Annoyed that I could not watch the replay from his car.

Does anybody know how to add cars to that list? (Is it possible? There's no MX5/Miata and I'd like to use those)
How else can I make it a stock-MX5 only server?
Yeah, i also can't find a way to use my own cars, if/when the other people on the server also have them in the garage, it seems it's only restriced to the initial ~30 Arcade cars.
BTW anyone trying to get cars from the car lot, there's a bug for it by going into licence or something and going along 6 races (not entering) that refreshes it.
Quote from sinbad :I'm working my way through the "career" mode, slowly. I'm trying to use cars that will keep the races entertaining - I've very few complaints about the AI really, I know a lot of people say that they spin you off and other things, but they seem quite good, if a little too happy to fall back once you are past them.

The AI are actually a bit more intelligent. When lapping them, they consistently will yield, and they're not that bad. Sure they will ram you if you're stopped on track, but that's a pretty exceptional case anyways.

Anyways.. resetting car dealerships.. I'm trying to get my FGT.. how do I do this?
I am level 10, bitches!
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :BTW anyone trying to get cars from the car lot, there's a bug for it by going into licence or something and going along 6 races (not entering) that refreshes it.

Explain

Or point to more info please.
I little tip from another forum

The used car dealer refreshes 6 cars with every game loading bar (ie one game day)

Easiest way to refresh all 30 cars is to go the license test, but don't start it, skip to the next test, then skip again etc. Do this 5 times and voila you have 30 new used cars.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I little tip from another forum

The used car dealer refreshes 6 cars with every game loading bar (ie one game day)

Easiest way to refresh all 30 cars is to go the license test, but don't start it, skip to the next test, then skip again etc. Do this 5 times and voila you have 30 new used cars.

Ahh I gotcha, yeah I'd figured that out myself. I figured I must have missed the Yellowbird at least once by doing more than 5 race days between looking in the used car dealer (like for a 10 test license).

Slightly O/T has anyone made any good tracks in the Course Maker?
I know they're all quite samey but some must be worth sharing
Quote from sinbad :I'm working my way through the "career" mode, slowly. I'm trying to use cars that will keep the races entertaining - I've very few complaints about the AI really, I know a lot of people say that they spin you off and other things, but they seem quite good, if a little too happy to fall back once you are past them.

I suppose I'm doing it because it's there. I'm not really bothered about the RedBull car, or being able to say I've completed it, and I think I'll be quite likely to give up once it becomes a grind.

About 1.6m credits - still looking for the Yellowbird!

On a positive note, I had some good online races yesterday with a French guy in stock RX7s (from that garage list). Annoyed that I could not watch the replay from his car.

Does anybody know how to add cars to that list? (Is it possible? There's no MX5/Miata and I'd like to use those)
How else can I make it a stock-MX5 only server?

You have to add the cars you want to use in arcade mode and online to your favourite list in the garage screen.

When you start a server you can select a car from your garage as the car to use for everyone instead of horsepower and weight caps. But everyone else has to have that car as well, but most people should have a MX-5, Honda civic and the Kart

BTW you get the X1 car in B-spec at level 35
So that's an incentive to B-Spec instead of going the A-spec route to get it
Quote from sinbad :Ahh I gotcha, yeah I'd figured that out myself. I figured I must have missed the Yellowbird at least once by doing more than 5 race days between looking in the used car dealer (like for a 10 test license).

Slightly O/T has anyone made any good tracks in the Course Maker?
I know they're all quite samey but some must be worth sharing

I have one in my GT5 profile now, you can only share 1 at a time. It's a high speed circuit as seen here.
Racing against the AI in arcade mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQuWWJg_xYw

PSN is CoolColJ

I hope for track export to the XMB in a future patch, like you can now with replays

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG