The online racing simulator
Anyone remembers what tires were on the Time Trial demo for the 370Z? I don't recall it beeing Sports Hard tires, it's a little overkill for this car no?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Anyone remembers what tires were on the Time Trial demo for the 370Z? I don't recall it beeing Sports Hard tires, it's a little overkill for this car no?

N3 - so around Comfort Softs I think. Assuming they haven't changed the tyre specs, but they may have since the tyres react different now, more progressive

--

BTW I bought an old Beetle, assuming I could tune it up well, and it won't crack 100hp

--

Well there is nothing wrong with the B-Spec on Daytona after all....

I put my full hot level 11 driver, with a blue upward arrow, on that Truck race on Daytona again, and he led from start to finish, and set the fastest lap of the race without any draft help. Finished with a 7+ sec lead.

The main thing was - he barely braked at all, and carried a 248-249kph speed through the slowest turn

So it's down to driver level and the corner rating I suspect when it comes to issues with Daytona people are reporting. I know my lower level driver who previously raced on Daytona, would brake at level 3-5
I put that same driver, now at level 7 in the same race, he gets into the lead but brakes back down to 215kph at the slowest... and gets caught up in traffic etc
Bring on friday so i can finally order a PS3+GT5 from amazon!!!
hey guys, just got a ps3 and gt5 today, f*cking amazing.
Feel free to add my psn - Frankys_S
hmm have you tried the caterham in gt5? i need to keep some money on me to snag goodies like that from the used carlot.
I'll have enough money for F GT soon.
Quote from 91mason91 :Double post: There is no enjoyment to be had racing a Mazda Mx5 around the Tsukuba circuit for 4 hours. Maybe a Ford GT, Ferrari or some LMP cars around some fast flowing track like Circuit De La Sarthe or Trail Mountain.

Well that's what I am thinking too, for the distance limited endurance, should I actually get a lower spec car and have a tight race, or just get the fastest thing possible and get it over with.

I'll try doing the trial mountain one next week and see how it goes.
Quote from CoolColJ :Don't think that is happening anymore, Kaz mentioned on twitter that memory issues and long rendering times for it, but is still considering it

If an XBOX can do it (although very slowly), a PS3 should.

or can anyone suggest a good capture method to PC?
Quote from Gabkicks :hmm have you tried the caterham in gt5? i need to keep some money on me to snag goodies like that from the used carlot.

It's a great car, good for light weight british cup to serious supercar races, just doesn't have any downforce that's it.
Quote from JJ72 :If an XBOX can do it (although very slowly), a PS3 should.

or can anyone suggest a good capture method to PC?

Do what I do, get a capture card. I use the Blackmagic Intensity Pro Shuttle. There is a PCIE version as well, it's relatively inexpensive.

I detalied it earlier in this thread, should be able to find it if you do a search under my name

Once you cap it, you can edit, recompress to a smaller size, mp4, and upload to youtube.
From a solo run I did tonight in my lounge with Jegato spectating
LFA on the Ring with changing time/weather. Did it as a race, saved the replay which allowed me to photo mode it

Just raced against H.Winkel, V.Wong and a Mr J.Hendricks! All in the same race
They are by far the most impressive GT5 pics to date - simply amazing.

Any tips on the 'camera' settings to get those shots?

...looked at them again, just wow.
Quote from miata :They are by far the most impressive GT5 pics to date - simply amazing.

Any tips on the 'camera' settings to get those shots?

...looked at them again, just wow.

Thanks

I normally have panning mode 2 on, and sometimes 3 - press Triangle to access this option. This keeps the car sharp and in focus. Basicly the camera moves at the same speed as the car.

Set the shutter speed to a higher value if I want a blurred look to the wheels and the landscape to impart a sense of motion. The bottom 3 values are what I mostly use for this.

I set the F number depending on how in focus I want the background to look. Larger F number is more in focus and vice versa. Usually between 2.8 and 8. The thing is, if you use a really small F number, it tends to make the cars look more toy'ish. Too high a value and the pic will lack depth.

Then tweak the EV to get the right level of brightness. I usually increase it a bit. Seems to enhance realism.

Other than that, I sorta squint my eyes to make sure the composition of the photo looks balanced in the preview screen, otherwise I move the view around until it does.
There is no real science to it, I just go by feel
Spotted the Caterham in used cars this morning and bought it. It's not the fastest car in my inventory but with soft racing tyres you can go around corners so bloody fast it's mind-boggling!
Any pics from the caterham?
Quote from 13OB :I wouldn't waste your money tbh. It cost around 250k+ to buy and upgrade it. I just done it because all I do is buy total crap when I get money e.g. a 13bhp Mazda for 20k haha

It's nice to know that I'm not the only crazy guy wasting 200 grand on stupid stuff like my flying Citroen 2CV or the Supercar destroying Buick Special.

Some more pictures I took during my GT5 adventure: http://picasaweb.google.com/troy.ch.123/Gt5
Quote from Inouva :Any pics from the caterham?

Definitely one of the best standard car models. No interior view but a nice camera angle looking along the bonnet. Unfortunately to me it feels a bit heavy and sluggish rather than frantic and immediate - it feels JUST like it did with GT4.
that buick is a straight copy from gt4 like all the 700 cars out of 1000..
my gt4 buick, 2006 pic
Attached images
IMG0002.JPG
Quote from danowat :Online "hub" is up and running > https://www.gran-turismo.com/hk/gt5/signin/

I guess they'll be adding features.

Anyone seen the UK advert they're running?

It's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXj_h7kFGkI
...but slightly different. Instead of the shot of the C63 amg, they have a shot of 2 R8s drifting (on Cape Ring I think), but with what seems like totally different smoke. It's more like smoke from previous GT games, but the "Actual Gameplay Footage" comment remains.

Puzzling.
CoolCol, those LFA pics are awesome! Those houses and whatnot look so real..
Quote from sinbad :Definitely one of the best standard car models. No interior view but a nice camera angle looking along the bonnet. Unfortunately to me it feels a bit heavy and sluggish rather than frantic and immediate - it feels JUST like it did with GT4.

=( no cockpit view, that suck's
Although I have long been a fan of cockpit view, I am using it less and less in GT5. In the quicker cars, the higher FPS and frame stability is very obvious with the bumper cam, to a point that I feel disconnected and lost some sense of speed when I jump back to premium cars. In cars like Zonda R on a wet suzuka or Madrid/Rome, sometimes the frame drop is close to unbearable, so I am using it less for performance reason....totally didn't expect that.
I love the Buick Special btw! I did the Nostalgia Supercar cup in it, and beat them all with the Buick Special stock. (well, technically it isn't stock from the dealer anyway).

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG