The online racing simulator
Quote from mr_x :Here's all 17 cars that can be race modified...

That Subaru looks impressive.
I will join aslong as we can drive anything except race cars

Track wise I don't really mind..
do some city racing? that's always fun.
I'll come on too if I remember. I say we do some top gear. A top gear style challenge. Say any car you can find in the used car dealer for under 15k
Quote from Luke.S :Say any car you can find in the used car dealer for under 15k

That would mean racing standard cars... :sadbanana
It'd be fun still.
Not to me. I found a yellow bird and a Mercedes Evo in the used cars yesterday, as much as i love them, i didn't buy them. I can't deal with standard cars... compared to the premiums they make GT5 feel like GT3 on the PS2.
most of the decent cars are standard. I am totally up for it.
That's the thing.. The standard cars are just as fun to drive. They're a bit uggo in cases, but to race them.. they're just as fun.
I never look at the cars anyway. Photo mode doesn't interest me very much at all, and I drive from bumper cam anyway as the cockpit view of standard cars isn't much like sitting in one (the FOV is too narrow). And I'm not looking AT the cars I'm racing against, but passed them to see the track and the passing places. And I don't care for changing wheels (I did it once just to see what the interface/animations were like).
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Here it is

Nice looks like it
They should have made the race mod number decal available for the other cars as well, that way you can have different numbers on the cars without having a race mod

Quote from jibber :The challenge is in the license tests and special events (and since GT5P also online). Newsflash: GT's AI was never a challenge.

Don't know why they dropped the adjustable AI levels they had in Prologue. Or the Performance points system to be honest. Capping the GT Life events with PP would have made the game much more challanging.

Then again the AI level in Prologue was an update addon
I don't mind the standards graphically at all, i just can't drive without the cockpit view..
Sadly, I find it harder driving with the cockpit view that comes with the premium cars. It's the cockpit movement. It's too shaky. Whenever I use a cockpit view I turn off all cockpit movement and I remove the steering wheel and hands. Only then I find it becomes usable. Instead I use the bonnet cam in GT5, which I feel is a great shame because I miss out on the effects like the rain etc.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I don't mind the standards graphically at all, i just can't drive without the cockpit view..

^ This!

Anyway, i repeat my previous question... Would somebody be the host (i'm on a wireless connection)?
btw I don't have a mic so I can't speak.
Doesn't matter, we want to race, not chat (i have no headset for my ps3 either).

Ok, so what about this:

Tsukuba battle in Best Motoring style.

Cars allowed: RX-7, Porsche Boxster (RUF 3400s), 350Z, MR2, NSX, BMW Z4, BMW M3, Integra, Civic, MX-5, S2000, 300ZX, Silvia, etc. Along those lines...

Tuning allowed: None, except for cosmetical stuff (color, wheels, etc).

Tires: Comfort soft.

If nobody wants to be the host i'll open a lobby in one hour from now. Sounds like a good idea?
Quote from jibber :Doesn't matter, we want to race, not chat (i have no headset for my ps3 either).

Ok, so what about this:

Cars allowed: RX-7, Porsche Boxster (RUF 3400s), 350Z, MR2, NSX, BMW Z4, BMW M3, Integra, Civic, MX-5, S2000, 300ZX, Silvia, etc. Along those lines...

If nobody wants to be the host i'll open a lobby in one hour from now. Sounds like a good idea?

Yeah except the fact that I cannot afford any of those cars at the moment. .
Or can U just use the cars stock if I have them in arcade mode?
I'm at work so can't join.. i recommend Tsukuba, and something like an MX5.. I totally forgot how awesome of a track it is..
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Yeah except the fact that I cannot afford any of those cars at the moment. .
Or can U just use the cars stock if I have them in arcade mode?

I have no idea man, i don't think you can. But come on, you can't afford them? An S2000 is only 40'000cr for example, if i remember correctly...

EDIT: Which one of those cars would you like? Tell me your PSN and i'll gift you one (your choice from the post above).
Quote from jibber :Doesn't matter, we want to race, not chat (i have no headset for my ps3 either).

Ok, so what about this:

Sounds good. Anyone willing to host? My internet can't cope with that.

@Gills, i overtook you and was going to beat you. Sadly my right foot got the better of me.
If you see a guy called HandyCapped.... thats me.

Edit : I don't even know how to spell my own username... Fixed now.
A friend of mine will be the host. Server will be up at 9pm (GMT+1). I'll post details shortly before that.
Quote from jibber :A friend of mine will be the host. Server will be up at 9pm (GMT+1). I'll post details shortly before that.

Awesome.
I'll stay tuned to this thread.
And yes guys, you can use the Arcade cars online, just make sure to set the restrictions Jibber, about driving aids etc so no one but the host can change them.. Starting grid is based on the best lap times from the free practice, so it's pretty much like qualies..

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG