The online racing simulator
Is it possible to look at your friends other friends on PSN (as on XBL)?, that might be a better way to do it.
Well I'm in too, will make up a car for this race. That's 8pm GMT right?

My PSN is lukepett93 if anyone wants to add me

Also does anyone have trouble connecting online? I get into the GT Life menu and set up the background/colour etc. and the game sits there forever until I quit it?
Quote from jibber :I don't feel like premium cars have better physics. In my opinion it's a bit like forza... the slower cars feel much better in general.

Agree with that, actually I will put it this way, the more low profile a car is, the more likely it will handle naturally. I think they had tinkered with some popular cars (S2000, elise etc) to exaggerate how most people would imagine their handling to be.
SO how does it work for online play, can i use the cars i have offline???
Quote from danowat :There is a list of PSN and xbox tags on the forum somewhere......

From twitter

Mechanical damage options in the next update. Probably around early December. RT @ y_mokko: @ Kaz_Yamauchi RT @ damekuma: I think Ishi Makoto was not bound to change the expression level of damage in those options.

Is last sentence a translation or you wrote it?
Quote from JJ72 :Agree with that, actually I will put it this way, the more low profile a car is, the more likely it will handle naturally. I think they had tinkered with some popular cars (S2000, elise etc) to exaggerate how most people would imagine their handling to be.

I think the S2000 is pretty good. It has too much of a tendency to get sideways, but the real car is like that aswell if you push it hard (the game has it right, just way too exaggerated).

I've never driven a high horsepower car on racing slicks, so i can't really comment on those. However, i've been passenger in quite powerful cars on semi-slicks on trackdays. I feel like it's the same in real life... the more sticky tires a car has, the more boring it becomes to drive. That's the reason i've never bothered with semi-slicks for my S2000... i just have a feeling it is much more fun with road tires. So in this regard, maybe GT5 isn't too far off from reality.

@Ginho
You can use them, but you have to favourite them first in your garage (online you can only choose from cars that are your favourites).
Quote from G!NhO :SO how does it work for online play, can i use the cars i have offline???

add them to your favorite list and you can use them.
Thank you very much.
Quote from JJ72 :add them to your favorite list and you can use them.

You have already been ninja'd by jibber by 5 mins
I have my 3400s set to online mode if anyon wants to take it for a spin. it doesnt have many miles on it so all I've done is change the oil. I don't think I can share more than 1 car at a time. unless i actually give the car to someone.
Anyone wanting a truck? I have a Tacoma X that I can gift away.
JJ, I'll take it! I need one!
Quote from JJ72 :What a joke you can't send replay or even a ghost file? Does PD think typical GT users have no friends?

I think you can copy the replay files onto a USB device and transfer them to PC/net etc from the XMB
Maybe with the PS3's browser as well.

I need to check if the course maker tracks also show in the XMB.
Replays and tracks seem to be stored with the main game files, rather than your save file.
The rubberband AI in Like The Wind and All Stars events is pretty funny. I can fly past most of the grid right in the start with my 1000hp Minolta race car, but after half a lap they are consistently following me a second or two behind, even though they lack 200hp and the soft race slicks that I have.

Same rubberband effect with nascar races too it seems, thank god there was only one championship with them. The very last nascar challenge was a PITA too, managed to gold it by 0.008 seconds.
Quote from CoolColJ :I think you can copy the replay files onto a USB device and transfer them to PC/net etc from the XMB
Maybe with the PS3's browser as well.

I need to check if the course maker tracks also show in the XMB.
Replays and tracks seem to be stored with the main game files, rather than your save file.

But the Replay file is copy protected.....so it's useless.
Omg, the International B licence was a pain, don't mean difficult but some challenges felt like i was driving some mobile phone game Awfull physics on that last race on Deep Mountain with Z4.. wtf
Quote from Boris Lozac :Omg, the International B licence was a pain, don't mean difficult but some challenges felt like i was driving some mobile phone game Awfull physics on that last race on Deep Mountain with Z4.. wtf

I think you mean Trial Forest.

Anyone know what the "online garage" is for?
Tried to compile a PSN ID list from people who posted it in this thread, you're welcome to slap me if I forgot about you. Trying to get in contact with the thread starter too so we can have the whole thing where it belongs, post 1.

LFS -> PSN

lukelfs -> lukepett93
gilles4life -> Camtoo
blueflame -> ShakenBetty
danowat -> danowat32
CoolColJ -> CoolColJ
Rikje -> Henkhimself
sinbad -> Sinbaadi44
Mustafur -> Mustafur
FPVaaron -> TEaaron
Gabkicks -> Gabkicks
ColeusRattus -> ColeusRattus
aoun -> nsanegtr
Equinox -> SargeBanner
BreadC -> BreadC
zeromussov -> zeromussov
niall09 -> niall09
Stefani24 -> NotSmall
tristancliffe -> tristancliffe
mr_x -> thechrisenglish
Brandons48 -> Brandons48
R3DMAN -> gtp_chrisr1984
dawesdust_12 -> dawesdust_12
troy -> troy_ch
Chrisuu01 -> Chrisuu01
GFresh -> gfresh1982
Boris Lozac -> BorisLozac
G!NhO -> Ginho8
DeadWolfBones -> deadwolfbones
Luke.S -> Racer_XR2
91mason91 - maSonn09
simulation -> honda13al
morpha -> morpha_at
LSDBlackWolf -> LSDBlackWolf
imck. -> domsreal
importfantasy -> GTP_Keisu
Dygear -> Dyflmez
chanoman315 -> chanofastest
JJ72 -> JJ72rg
Robendo -> Robendo
Franky.S -> Frankys.S
pearcy_2k7 -> Pearcy_1991
Joe93 -> iJew93
hyperactive -> hyyperactive
logitekg25 -> TOrtoracer
proa2414 -> proa2414
S14 DRIFT -> xJay1337
Is there an online get together tonight or..?
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Hmm my game doesn't let me go online, it just gets stuck on GT logo, gonna try reinstalling it to see if it fixes anything
Quote from lukelfs :Hmm my game doesn't let me go online, it just gets stuck on GT logo, gonna try reinstalling it to see if it fixes anything

It's just the servers, they suffer from overload I guess.
Quote from troy :Tried to compile a PSN ID list from people who posted it in this thread, you're welcome to slap me if I forgot about you. Trying to get in contact with the thread starter too so we can have the whole thing where it belongs, post 1.

LFS -> PSN

lukelfs -> lukepett93
gilles4life -> Camtoo
blueflame -> ShakenBetty
danowat -> danowat32
CoolColJ -> CoolColJ
Rikje -> Henkhimself
sinbad -> Sinbaadi44
Mustafur -> Mustafur
FPVaaron -> TEaaron
Gabkicks -> Gabkicks
ColeusRattus -> ColeusRattus
aoun -> nsanegtr
Equinox -> SargeBanner
BreadC -> BreadC
zeromussov -> zeromussov
niall09 -> niall09
Stefani24 -> NotSmall
tristancliffe -> tristancliffe
mr_x -> thechrisenglish
Brandons48 -> Brandons48
R3DMAN -> gtp_chrisr1984
dawesdust_12 -> dawesdust_12
troy -> troy_ch

Chrisuu01 -> Chrisuu01
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Well my replacement wheel has not arived yet so I wont play until I have a wheel.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG