The online racing simulator
Just download the lfs.exe scawen posted at the top of this thread, so it replaces your existing one
Quote from morpha :I don't suppose you take requests regarding the CP?
There is ... or was a nice drift series utilising Tweak and Steering Lock Mod, now the latter is registered as cheating even on hosts prepared for it. It was already detected by the old system on hosts that weren't prepared for this modification, so there's no harm in allowing it on hosts that are.

If it's at all possible to allow steering lock mod again (tweak still works as far as I can tell), I, for one, would be tremendously grateful

Quote from scipy :Scawen, Masters of Endurance server is running a modified LFS.exe but everyone who drives there does so on the same modified exe and the protection against this has always been OOS (if you join on regular LFS.exe it tells u OOS CAR ENG) and you get kicked off.

Why would this all of a sudden be covered by the CPW? This weekend is the official start of the MoE season and 10+ people got banned from the server today and can't rejoin or drive (since it was the only server running that mod for the series). Plz exclude the completely modified exe's from the CPW system like it was before, otherwise about 30 teams and 5 times as many drivers are royally screwed.

Tnx.

Thank you for these comments and I'm sorry for the disruption this has already caused.

I'm trying to think of a way round this, to allow exceptions. I'll write back within an hour to let you know if I've figured something out yet.
Quote from Scawen :Thank you for these comments and I'm sorry for the disruption this has already caused.

I'm trying to think of a way round this, to allow exceptions. I'll write back within an hour to let you know if I've figured something out yet.

It didnt work for me? how can i get undbanned on the server i got banned becuse of this?
I have this same problem and cant get it of.....
I tried the new file idint work does anyone got another tip for me?
Thanks Scawen that fixed my error
Quote from Scawen :I'm trying to think of a way round this, to allow exceptions. I'll write back within an hour to let you know if I've figured something out yet.

Well, there might be several hosts out there that run steering lock mods (like drift servers) and tweak servers for some series. But maybe the quickest way to exclude a host from these problems would be by ip and port? We asked our hoster and he'd provide the ip and port of the server if you can add it to some "exceptions" list or whatnot, so we could continue driving.
whoops, looks like my previous thoughts were not entirel accurate, I thought the cheat protection had been updated to stop people using modified .exe's who in "some" cases were still able to connect to normal servers, Seems i mis-read the situation. My bad.
It'd be very nice to have server option which would fully disable cheat-protection and OOS-protection, just like things that tweaked servers achieve by running modified dedi's.
Maybe that could be built in as an S2 option
Quote from boothy :Maybe that could be built in as an S2 option

That's totally unrelated to game content, which defines 'demo/s1/s2'.
Quote from Scawen :to allow exceptions.

Might whitelist a specific port range? That way there is no administration needed. And that it is not possible for players on whitelisted servers to do any PB time updates to LFSW.
The current plan is to allow a host to be exempt from cheat protection.

I'm just going to work on this right now and hopefully that can be done within an hour.

The current plan is to do that by host name. It will at this point have to be done through the LFS technical support mail. So we'd manually update a text file of exempt hosts on the master server.

So, if you have a host which needs exemption, please can you write to us and explain why you need it - and the EXACT NAME of the host (but don't worry about colours in the text). I hope this plan does work...

Thanks. Sorry again about this but we need to stop those cheaters on standard hosts.
yes we need. good luck
That sounds like a good plan. Good luck with that
Quote from scawen : sorry again about this but we need to stop those cheaters on standard hosts.

+1
Quote from davidpiaggio1 :I tried the new file idint work does anyone got another tip for me?

what didn't work?

I just (and I mean, just) removed you from the ban list. You got auto banned from our servers. So if you tried only our servers then it wasn't helping because you was still banned.

If you try that .exe and make a connect, it should work now.
Didn't help!
Quote from Scawen :Is your LFS.exe modified in any way? We have made the cheat protection stricter.

Try this one in the attached zip file - this is a genuine Z28 and should produce no CPW errors.

That didn't help. Keeps doing it. I also uninstalled the game and downloaded it from lfs.net. No help. (And 4 bans left...)
Couldn't you (or Victor actually) integrate it into the InSim Relay setup on LFSW? Connecting a host to the relay requires the admin password, so that works as authentication of sorts.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts, you will be receiving a mail from me shortly
Doesn't sound very smart to completely exempt a server from cheat protection either.. Well, that should be an option, but I'd think that would be a bad idea for public servers. Maybe just a way to exempt usernames on a per server basis?
Great stuff Scawen, good to know exceptions will be made. If not, MoE would just be ruined after putting so much work on the new classes etc, and the season starting on sunday.. And nice to hear from you btw
Hmm, i have tried:
-uninstalled lfs, and reinstalled it.
-reboot comp
-already tried scawen's file..

Still not working(4 bans left...)

Looks like this is problem of Finns...
Quote from Henqqa :Hmm, i have tried:
-uninstalled lfs, and reinstalled it.
-reboot comp
-already tried scawen's file..

Still not working(4 bans left...)

Looks like this is problem of Finns...

May I ask from where you downloaded LFS?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG