The online racing simulator
#1 - Litro
Hackers attack to Litro? [Cheat detection system]
When I try to join any server, it shows an error after some seconds. And then - Host refused connection (BAN) Trying next server, again error + BAN.
Who did it ?
Attached images
lfs_error_cpw.jpg
lfs_hostrefusedconn.jpg
#2 - Hahmo
Quote from Litro :When I try to join any server, it shows an error after some seconds. And then - Host refused connection (BAN) Trying next server, again error + BAN.
Who did it ?

This has happened to many others *see*http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1519417#post1519417

There might be a problem with the servers or so, as there was problem earlier.. Should just wait to Victor post or smth :P
Is your LFS.exe modified in any way? We have made the cheat protection stricter.

Try this one in the attached zip file - this is a genuine Z28 and should produce no CPW errors.
Attached files
LFS_Z28_EXE.zip - 971.9 KB - 9553 views
#4 - Hahmo
Quote from Scawen :Is your LFS.exe modified in any way? We have made the cheat protection stricter.

Try this one in the attached zip file - this is a genuine Z28 and should produce no CPW errors.

Why does it happen now? As it has happened to way too many others just today?
Quote from Hahmo :Why does it happen now? As it has happened to way too many others just today?

Someone decided to have fun today
Quote from Scawen :Is your LFS.exe modified in any way? We have made the cheat protection stricter.

Hey guys, look ... he's alive! :O
#7 - Litro

Thank You very much ! It helped.
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Victor : spammers
#8 - Hahmo
Quote from hazaky :Hey guys, look ... he's alive! :O

Ofc he's alive Anyway, what's the point starting to spam this thread now "WHY WONT YOU POST ON THE SCIROCCO TOPIC".. jabba
-
(hazaky) DELETED by Victor : spammers
Quote from Hahmo :Why does it happen now? As it has happened to way too many others just today?

Devs were updating servers so they can handle tire physics test patch and something went wrong.
Quote from Amynue :Devs were updating servers so they can handle tire physics test patch and something went wrong.

Stop speculating, this can't be true... Right?
#11 - PoVo
Quote from hazaky :Hey guys, look ... he's alive! :O

Hoh Lee Cow S3 soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon yoooo!
Quote from Amynue :Devs were updating servers so they can handle tire physics test patch and something went wrong.

That must be one out of million. I mean, how often do they test this stuff? And now when they do, something had to go wrong ... RUKI DUKI JUKI FASKFJAKLSJDFLA
Nice one, good to see the cheaters are being punished
Quote from franky500 :Nice one, good to see the cheaters are being punished

Steerlock mod is a cheat??? I though its legal , since we can download it here on this forum. :thumbsdow
Quote from franky500 :Nice one, good to see the cheaters are being punished

Using modified .exe files approved by the Devs and mods and posted on this forum on a server in which everyone must have the same file is cheating?
if the SteerLock Mod is now identified as CPW well I have nothing to do to delete it instantly
If an .EXE is modified and is used to race against other people who have unmodified .exe 's Then Ok maybe "cheating" is too strong a word for it, But the fact that it would be "possible" to do is wrong.

So ok, Perhaps not cheating in that sense.

The idea of modified .exe's that have been approved is that those .exe's should only work on servers running the same modifications, Obviously that has not been the case (even though that was the intention) and this seems to have been rectified today.
Quote from franky500 :If an .EXE is modified and is used to race against other people who have unmodified .exe 's Then Ok maybe "cheating" is too strong a word for it, But the fact that it would be "possible" to do is wrong.

So ok, Perhaps not cheating in that sense.

But that's the problem, if you run an unmodified .exe on a modified server, you get JOOS'd out, therefore, no "cheating" can occur because you must have a modified .exe to race on the server...

I don't suppose you take requests regarding the CP?
There is ... or was a nice drift series utilising Tweak and Steering Lock Mod, now the latter is registered as cheating even on hosts prepared for it. It was already detected by the old system on hosts that weren't prepared for this modification, so there's no harm in allowing it on hosts that are.

If it's at all possible to allow steering lock mod again (tweak still works as far as I can tell), I, for one, would be tremendously grateful

Scawen, Masters of Endurance server is running a modified LFS.exe but everyone who drives there does so on the same modified exe and the protection against this has always been OOS (if you join on regular LFS.exe it tells u OOS CAR ENG) and you get kicked off.

Why would this all of a sudden be covered by the CPW? This weekend is the official start of the MoE season and 10+ people got banned from the server today and can't rejoin or drive (since it was the only server running that mod for the series). Plz exclude the completely modified exe's from the CPW system like it was before, otherwise about 30 teams and 5 times as many drivers are royally screwed.

Tnx.
Quote from scipy :Scawen, Masters of Endurance server is running a modified LFS.exe but everyone who drives there does so on the same modified exe and the protection against this has always been OOS (if you join on regular LFS.exe it tells u OOS CAR ENG) and you get kicked off.

Why would this all of a sudden be covered by the CPW? This weekend is the official start of the MoE season and 10+ people got banned from the server today and can't rejoin or drive (since it was the only server running that mod for the series). Plz exclude the completely modified exe's from the CPW system like it was before, otherwise about 30 teams and 5 times as many drivers are royally screwed.

Tnx.

This.
Okey i played lfs this evening just as normal. then i got message cpw..... I dont have any mods at all... what is wrong when i tried conecct again i got banned.... PLZ help me

/Davod
Quote from morpha :I don't suppose you take requests regarding the CP?
There is ... or was a nice drift series utilising Tweak and Steering Lock Mod, now the latter is registered as cheating even on hosts prepared for it. It was already detected by the old system on hosts that weren't prepared for this modification, so there's no harm in allowing it on hosts that are.

If it's at all possible to allow steering lock mod again (tweak still works as far as I can tell), I, for one, would be tremendously grateful

This.
what shall i do i reinstalled lfs... anythign more?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG