The online racing simulator
NFS Hot Pursuit 2010
(143 posts, started )
I tried just the demo on PS3.. man it's awfull, i can't understand how some of you can still play this kind of games.. i remember the old NFS games, they were arcades sure, but physics had some sense, but this, what is this? 'Drifting' is... omg..
I don't mind the Burnout physics
And when I got the demo it was very (maybe too) addicting
Then again, I have GT5 to wait for so NFS will be bought a bit later...
Quote from Boris Lozac :I tried just the demo on PS3.. man it's awfull, i can't understand how some of you can still play this kind of games.. i remember the old NFS games, they were arcades sure, but physics had some sense, but this, what is this? 'Drifting' is... omg..

they weren't.

Old NFS games are just as senseless, lift off and instant oversteer, lift off with some brake you oversteer even more, you were just less informed at that time to notice.
Criterion sucks bawls, How the **** did this game score 9/10 5/5 10/10 on gaming shits?
Due to the action packed fun
The car handling is balls - yes, but it actually is great fun playing this online, and it's a well built game. Compare it to game like Trackmania where physics are non-excistance, but a lot of fun tho!
Yes, the physics are crap, but very fun and enjoyable. Although its a crappy console port, it still manages to run perfect on my laptop and pc, and it looks AMAZING! I'd give it a high grade too, maybe 8-8.5.
i cant even get it to install. i just keep getting a "check whether you need a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of the program"
I am now having a 15 race winning streak online , won in all those races as bandits and although not the highest scorer as police every time, our team keeps winning. It's awesome when you go so fast the helicopter can't catch up.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Why didn't you get it on xbox?

because i cba spending £40 on a game ill play 3 tmes
Quote from brt900 :i cant even get it to install. i just keep getting a "check whether you need a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of the program"

When do you get that? I never got that option...

Quote from brandons48 :Why didn't you get it on xbox?

Because it sucks?
Quote from JJ72 :I am now having a 15 race winning streak online , won in all those races as bandits and although not the highest scorer as police every time, our team keeps winning. It's awesome when you go so fast the helicopter can't catch up.

Trying to outrun it, you see the finish, will maaake it coooomooooon *helicopter drop a spike pad right before your eyes and you get bused 0.1km from finish*...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Quote from Bose321 :When do you get that? I never got that option...

Because it sucks?

i didnt get an option it says that in a error screen
Quote from JJ72 :they weren't.

Old NFS games are just as senseless, lift off and instant oversteer, lift off with some brake you oversteer even more, you were just less informed at that time to notice.

Could be true, but now i just can't swallow this kind of games.. makes me wonder how you people can I play CMR4 at my friends house for example, now that is fun, even though it's arcade, it makes sense and you have the feeling that you know how to improve your lap, and it's adicting.. this NFS barely held my attention through the end of that demo stage..
-
Quote from brandons48 :I like to play my games, not spend hours trying to fix them.

But if that's what floats your boat, I won't blow you out the water.

i dont spend hours trying to fix pc games and i'd rather play any game on my pc than xbox
-
Quote from brandons48 :Well that's your personal preference isn't it.

PERSONALLY I'd rather be able to get the game, put it in my PS3, let it install or whatever, then play. Then again some games, i'll admit, are much better on PC. One thing I do hate about PC gaming are the "elitists"..

Why are you console people always feeling like we say 'we are elite'? I didn't say it. If you spent hours on making a game run, there is something wrong with YOUR pc, don't blame the whole PC platform.
I've always felt like it was the console people who thought they were the "elite" ones. Maybe its just the atmosphere when playing online between the two.

What PC game do you have to "fix" before you play it? I normally have to just change the resolution (2560x1600) and I'm ready to go.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Could be true, but now i just can't swallow this kind of games.. makes me wonder how you people can I play CMR4 at my friends house for example, now that is fun, even though it's arcade, it makes sense and you have the feeling that you know how to improve your lap, and it's adicting.. this NFS barely held my attention through the end of that demo stage..

the demo does not have online cops and robbers, and that is where the game really is. I didn't care one bit for the career mode either.

This makes sense too, it takes some skill/knowledge to be fast, basically you have to control the angle of slide. I think the physics between demo and final is a bit different as well, in demo you can either slide or have hopeless understeer, in the full game you can track and grip through a corner no problem, sometime its faster that way.
Quote from The Very End :Trying to outrun it, you see the finish, will maaake it coooomooooon *helicopter drop a spike pad right before your eyes and you get bused 0.1km from finish*...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

It's not that hard since they always dump the spike right in the middle.

I only fear rockblocks, and some d**khead racers who spike their own kind.
Quote from JJ72 :It's not that hard since they always dump the spike right in the middle.

I only fear rockblocks, and some d**khead racers who spike their own kind.

Yeah lol! I allways hate to get EMP/Spiked of my own team.. damn bastards all 'lot of them!
Glad I saw this thread, was about to make a new one.

Got some thoughts on this game... For starters, is anyone else feeling a bit let down with the game play of this game? For the video I saw of this game months and months ago, I was really excited for it to be released. Now Ive got it tho, I'm kinda wishing I hadnt bought it.

Who the heck let the makers or burnout think they could join in development of this game, and expect a good outcome. Driveability isnt that good atall, You can take corners and stupid speeds and just drift them, I never remember NFS hot pursuit being like that. Also, Whos idea was it to get rid of manual from a NFS game? All I see with this game is burnout with some new tracks and NFS cars and sounds.

I like the idea of the cop/racer careers, and also the options the cops have. Realitivly nice line up of cars too, but still when you get in them, its just back to burnout.

Anyone else got the same kinda thoughts?
Quote from mcgas001 :You can take corners and stupid speeds and just drift them, I never remember NFS hot pursuit being like that.

you mean the old one NFS3 or hot pursuit 2?
Worst game ever. Period.
It's perfect for having some fun and that's it. Too bad it's that easy to drift though.

NFS Hot Pursuit 2010
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG