The online racing simulator
NFS Hot Pursuit 2010
(143 posts, started )
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Well there is a demo showing the in-game gameplay. Should hopefully feel like burnout paradise, but the cars slightly heavier. (which was good physics wise)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBHl09cFkRg

The HUD also looks sleek.

EDIT: found out there is at least one tuner: the Audi TT RS. I'm happy now. :P

wait wait wait, what do you class as a tuner???
He means cheap... cheap cars are tuners. The Audi TT is cheap compared to those other cars
Yeah, cheap fast cars you can live with without it bursting into flames every day. The TT isn't an exotic car anyway.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Yeah, cheap fast cars you can live with without it bursting into flames every day. The TT isn't an exotic car anyway.

what's the fun in exotics if it doesn't warm your heart....literally
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Shift was pretty good

Your joking right?

NFS needs to stick to one style because there getting everything wrong.
Quote from Mustafur :Your joking right?

He must be, because Shift was the biggest pile of shit (*rimshot*) I've played in a long time.

You were joking, right?

Oh, wait... you (Takumi_lfs) said Criterion sucks at making racing games, so either you're just trolling or you have no idea what constitutes a good game.
Wow that trailer looked bad ass. Especially with the multi stuff with the chasing. I can see that working well
I would expect the graphics in HP3 to be better than previous NFS games, except for NFS Shift. I'm not sure how the gameplay will be, other than the videos, but my guess is that it will end up being one of the better NFS games.

Shift has bad AI, but otherwise it's an enjoyable game, with great graphics, and reasonable physics, especially if you like drifting through turns which is the preferred method with some of the cars in Shift like the Zonda.

So far, the best AI I've seen in a NFS game was in NFS World's March 5 beta session, on the highest driver level tracks, where the AI were competitive enough to require the player to use nitrous to win races, without the AI collisions that occur with NFS Shift. Since the March 5 beta, the AI have been slowed down, so few players will realize the potential that is in World's AI.

Back to hot pursuit 3, too soon to really tell how it will turn out.
#34 - senn
hmm TDU2 or NFS hp2010.....i'm still pissed at EA for using punkbuster in BFBC2 (which is STILL giving me drama's meaning i can't play online for more than 30 seconds)

Would like to see more video of what the game plays like, how they've done the physics etc. Shift was VERY average imho (at least the PC version) I don't like upgrading cars and then finding they feel like the clutch is slipping, even with the best clutch available.
Quote from senn :i'm still pissed at EA for using punkbuster in BFBC2 (which is STILL giving me drama's meaning i can't play online for more than 30 seconds)

I thought it only affected cheaters? or am i just miss informed as to what it actually does?
PunkBuster scans the memory contents of the local machine to detect (and prevent) cheating... if you aren't doing anything iffy PunkBuster won't be affecting your ability to play online in the slightest
Quote from gtpsharky :if you aren't doing anything iffy PunkBuster won't be affecting your ability to play online in the slightest

that's not true, i used to play enemy territory all the time, and punkbuster was the biggest pain in the ass. half the time it would never let you connect and it would always give random reasons why. it was a clean install.
Hmm, a Lambo faster than a bugatti veyron with almost non existant bends
Great work Criterion!

[/sarcasm]
#39 - senn
Quote from gtpsharky :PunkBuster scans the memory contents of the local machine to detect (and prevent) cheating... if you aren't doing anything iffy PunkBuster won't be affecting your ability to play online in the slightest

PnkbstrB heartbeat failures. I've tried all the stuff on the pnkbstr website. Google it up, it's quite a common (and seemingly unfixable) problem with this software.
this looks like a GOOD game, looks like the veyron has things accurate, at a certain speed the wing comes up, at another it comes down, same with the murcielago.....i saw some brake heat...probably for show..PLEASE be for pc
that makes me happy...but yeah, sorry for o/t, but is there any place i can download porsche unleaahed
Wow...

...This is going to suck.

Can't say I'm surprised, really.
#47 - Zay
Wow, im pumped for this one! Hopefully its as good as it looks! Cant wait for it
Looks good, havent played NFS for ages, but im thinking to buy this
Sorry for the double post, but I founded interresting thing on Finnsh game testing site. It said, that in PC there will be ´world online´, what haves Most wanted, Carbon, and Undercover maps. Dunno if this is true, but that would be interresting

NFS Hot Pursuit 2010
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG