Series Need for Speed
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Release date(s) NA November 16, 2010
EU November 19, 2010
Genre(s) Racing
Mode(s) Single-player, multiplayer

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

Seems to me that finally a proper nfs again, I just hope they don´t screw it up.
**** yeah

very fond memories of hot pursuit and high stakes when i was a youngin
#3 - bbman
They demoed Lamborghinis with some sort of boost/nitrous yesterday - absolute killer for me...
Do want.
Well ... do not want.
#6 - aoun
Looking forward to this, hope they bring back the old school NFS. NFS these days is just stupid. From the looks of it, beautiful landscapes with european cars running away from the cops, rather then night time super duper boosts street racing to earn your ghetto rep. fook that for a joke!

They dont need no simulation physics or anything like that. Keep that for the professionals.

They just need a decent gameplay with interesting features. I could never stop playing the first NFS out, that was the bomb!
Gotta say thats one of the best trailers i've seen for a long time.

I can't wait for this, classic NFS:4 and NFS:HS
#8 - aoun
I just never understood NFS.

They tried hitting the street racing audience with all that rep crap and being king of the streets bullshit and then they try hitting the sim racing audience with real life cars and tracks.

All of it was silly. NFS is the best for hot pursuit, you dont find anything better than NFS in that catergory. They should stick to it.
Got excited at the start of the vid. Then when they went through the desert i got flashbacks to that NFS where you try and drive as fast as you can down some desert highway. Terrible game that was and i have a feeling this could be the same.

Just with cops.
No tuners.

BUT the fact the it is being made the Criterion games and looks like Burnout Paradise with real cars makes up for it! Only problem is the fact so many racing games are coming out at the end of the year. Hope the release date doesn't clash with GT5 though.
This is what I've been waiting for for many years
No more rice tuning just pure supercars v cops - just like the good times
neat. i played HP3 to completion a few times over.

one thing i have to criticize about the video though... a real cop would never perform a pit manoeuvre at such a high rate of speed. it's considered using lethal force.
Quote from bunder9999 :
one thing i have to criticize about the video though... a real cop would never perform a pit manoeuvre at such a high rate of speed. it's considered using lethal force.

it's a GAME!

otherwise, Video looks like good old nfs series, i definately try that out if it will come out as it seems atm!
I don't understand how people can fall for a game again and again.

Everytime a new NFS comes out, people are like "ohh, it looks like we will finally get a good NFS game again!". And then when it comes out, you all go and buy it, only to come back and whine about how shitty it is.

Shift was pretty good
If this game is gonna be anything like the trailer I guess it will disappoint a lot of people loving the old NFS II and NFS III times. Even HP2 was kind of weird, but this is just insane. Police Veyrons? Come on. It also looked more like a destruction derby than a high speed pursuit. What I loved about NFS III was that as long as you were driving on the limit, cops wouldn't catch you... unless you hit the spikes that is Yes, they would block you, they'd be aggressive, but what I've seen in this trailer had nothing to do with the old-school NFS cop chase. They just kept smashing to whatever was in their way. "Wreck'em to death" chase style introduced in Most Wanted was just boring and so were the warp-drive powered police SUVs doing over 400kph.
Yes, HP3 definitely doesn't aim to be real driving simulation, but everything has it's limits.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :No tuners. ...

Because NFS is not about tuning. It was for a while, when all the kids were obsesed with FnF films, but this is what NFS was from the beginning and what it should be.

About the trailer I'm glad it's gonna be a real NFS again but the animation of the cars just SUCK. I hope it has nothing to do with the physics of the game because they look damn bad (I don't mean arcade)
Quote from NitroNitrous :[part about it not being about tuning]
[physics complaints]

Well there is a demo showing the in-game gameplay. Should hopefully feel like burnout paradise, but the cars slightly heavier. (which was good physics wise)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBHl09cFkRg

The HUD also looks sleek.

EDIT: found out there is at least one tuner: the Audi TT RS. I'm happy now. :P
They ****ed up already, I hate burnout series because those games where ****ing horrible
Criterion Games suck at making racing games, They should actually let those creators of Shift make another nfs game.
Quote from bunder9999 :

ah damn that totally ruins the game for me no way am i going to go play it now
I'd rather download old good NFS Porsche Unleashed.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :They ****ed up already, I hate burnout series because those games where ****ing horrible
Criterion Games suck at making racing games, They should actually let those creators of Shift make another nfs game.

Shift is bigger crap than any other NFS. The physics, ok, but those AIs... They're just HORRIBLE, pushing, doing P.I.T. maneuvers, not being able to drive... It just sucks. MW and U2 FTW!
Had no idea this was coming out, it's just found a place on my pre-order list though
Hmm nice good old chase cop thing going on here.
#25 - Uke
IMO This looks pretty interesting, the multiplayer side of this game could be pretty good because the cops are real people too.

NFS Hot Pursuit 2010
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG