The online racing simulator
NFS Hot Pursuit 2010
(143 posts, started )
Quote from manneF1 :Sorry for the double post, but I founded interresting thing on Finnsh game testing site. It said, that in PC there will be ´world online´, what haves Most wanted, Carbon, and Undercover maps. Dunno if this is true, but that would be interresting

http://world.needforspeed.com/
after the trailer it looks that the game should be a great one
Looks like quite some fun. Going to review it once it's out. From what I've seen on the conference, it looks quite boring, and simple like something like ProStreet-ish. The steering and overall handling looks slow and sluggish, and once you got like HP left, and you get a hard ram, you spin, and do a few barrelrolls, which looks stupid, and has nothing to do with proper police chases.
But I still want to see it for myself how it will be eventually.
Video, It does look pretty good, but I could only play it with a pad, as Bose said the way you get busted just looks terrible lol
Also, the cop car doesn't seem to get any damage.
Look at the faces of the guys playing, they don't look like they're having a lot of fun. I got bored already just from watching the video...
Indeed. Nothing special.

Its just Most Wanted/Carbon with damage and different career approach.

I'll pass once more...
That looked terrible.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
#59 - AMB
I liked the bit where the Bugatti Veyron police car was ramming the victim car at around 160 mph, then the bit where the Lamborghini Murcielago flew passed the Veyron like a F1 car vs a Tesco's shopping trolley.
Quote from Bose321 :Also, the cop car doesn't seem to get any damage.

from what i remember from playing HP3, the cop cars do take damage, but they're heavily fortified.
That road in the gameplay video looks worryingly straight. Where's the twists and turns of Rocky Pass from HP2 (my favourite NFS)?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :They ****ed up already, I hate burnout series because those games where ****ing horrible
Criterion Games suck at making racing games, They should actually let those creators of Shift make another nfs game.

Like I said before, Criterion sux huge balls (burnout series sucks even more)
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Like I said before, Criterion sux huge balls (burnout series sucks even more)

And your face sucks 20x more. Where are we going with this?
Can't you just shutup and go on, its my opinion and you cant say anything about it.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Can't you just shutup and go on, its my opinion and you cant say anything about it.

It isn't when you say they suck, it is when you say "I think they suck".

Anyways, I certainly hope they improve the driving a bit, and put proper tracks in it, not this straight boring stuff...
Quote from Bose321 :It isn't when you say they suck, it is when you say "I think they suck".

Anyways, I certainly hope they improve the driving a bit, and put proper tracks in it, not this straight boring stuff...

So, when I say that LFS sucks does that make you think that its an fact?
Anyone know if Rom Di Prisco will be in the soundtrack again? Was awesome in the old ones
I doubt it but I would love it if it did
BUMP.

Anyone tried the demo? Just so you know, it's only on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

The first thing you notice is that the graphics are pretty much the same as Burnout Paradise, so there is plenty of eye candy and the damage modelling looks great. The cars feel heavier than they do in Burnout, and they drift a bit too easily. Once you master the Handling, there is alot of fun to be had.

Any problems? Pretty much none. Only minor problem I found was when a car gets stopped by a roadblock or spike strip and it isn't wrecked, it is usually quite far behind and I have to wait for it to catch up. Not a good thing if you want to have the best time on your Autolog wall.

Overall, 8.5/10.
The really weird feeling, canned oversteer mechanic put me off, otherwise, not a bad burnout stylee arcade racer.

Certainly NOT a day one purchase though, will wait for the inevitable discounts
#71 - JJ72
I notice one big flaw.....no High Stake style police radar! I miss that beep beep beep beep..when cop closes in.

handling is alright to me, afterall it is straightout arcade.
I can handle arcade, but what I can't handle is oversteer reminiscent of ridge racer.
Well I loved the demo, the cars handle in a fun Burnout kind of way, and I can't see it getting boring. The autolog system will keep in entertaining, not to mention the online races.

Anyway, here is some HD footage I recorded from my xbox...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N6liHB8zso
Very addictive, despite only 1 event for each side
Anyone get better 1:06 on the Police event? Just wondered
And w00t for the return of showcases
#75 - PoVo
The winter levels look fun! Can't wait to play the full game

NFS Hot Pursuit 2010
(143 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG