The online racing simulator
"GT5 is the real driving simulation, not a screenshot generator"...

Oh wait.

Honestly though, does it matter how perfect each car looks? Think of other racing games (or sims) that take forever to make their cars. Sure its been a while (delays and such) but just enjoy it, no need to FIND things to complain about.

Also, Jibber... You are way too clean.

Wow, pretty awesome.
Quote from speed1230 :They've got the co-drivers too!
Is it optional to use arrows as pacenotes instead of that annoying map in the middle of the screen?
Also, is that the Gran Turismo Rally Challenge?

You can use map, co-driver or both, I don't think there are arrows, but I could be wrong

It's the Rally events under special events section. Online rally will be like this as well, up to 16 people I believe, one after the other.
Quote from danowat :I'd love to see some comparison shots between some of the standard cars, and those in FLOPZILLA, hey Dustin?

Easy.

This is Forza model of a Nascar:

GT5:

Quote from dawesdust_12 :This is Forza model of a Nascar:
[img]http://www.vidgames.com/ps/screens/dderby7.jpg[/img*]

You can tell that's no NASCAR game due to the fact that it permits the car to rotate clockwise, which allows for a right turn. We all know there's no such thing in NASCAR
Do I get bonus points for recognizing the Psygnosis owl?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Easy.

This is Forza model of a Nascar:

GT5:

LoL i used to have this destruction derby game. it was actually pretty good

my copy wont be here till wednesday afternoon
Quote from Furiously-Fast :And for some cars it's even worse:
http://www.easy-upload.net/fic ... rcuit5.20101120203814.jpg

Well I'm sure it'll look better in motion.

Bullshit. That reeks of GT4, look at the fence detail, look at the tirewall detail. It does not have the texture level that GT5 has and it has no anti aliasing. It's just GT4 on the PS2 in 1080i or 720p and someone is passing it off as a GT5 screen shot. I think that proves that GT4 had some great graphics for it's time.
Quote from Dygear :Bullshit. That reeks of GT4, look at the fence detail, look at the tirewall detail. It does not have the texture level that GT5 has and it has no anti aliasing. It's just GT4 on the PS2 in 1080i or 720p and someone is passing it off as a GT5 screen shot. I think that proves that GT4 had some great graphics for it's time.

Supported by the fact that the image is missing 300px in width, quite possibly the bit that reads "GRAN TURISMO 4 / ©SCEI"
And that's surprising for a car that has been copypasted?
You will not be able to play straight away,
It takes around an hour to install Gran turismo 5 and...
Make sure you have got more then 10G left on your ps3 because
GT5 eats it up straight away..
You know what, you could chat shit and post screenshot comparisons till the cows come home, but this is the fact of the matter.......(and I am not sure what the purpose of posting screenshots from a completely different game and trying to pass it off as Forza, smacks of desperation, but I digress.....)

GT5 is (supposedly, I haven't played it yet), the definitive next-gen console racing game, and its Sony's AAA, flagship racing product, correct?.

Right, assuming above statement is accurate, and regardless of what you think personally about the models, does 4/5th's of the vehicle content live up to that statement?, I think not.

Nuff said.
Quote from RMZ125 :You will not be able to play straight away,
It takes around an hour to install Gran turismo 5 and...

Seeing as i have a day off on wednesday and the game will most likely arrive in my mail at wednesday morning... that's no problem for me!
I have heard that you can actually do a background install, where it will install content as required, rather than doing it all before you start playing.
Quote from danowat :Right, assuming above statement is accurate, and regardless of what you think personally about the models, does 4/5th's of the vehicle content live up to that statement?, I think not.

Nuff said.

Speaking as a GT, Sony PS3 fanboy ... I can't help but agree with you. I think that it's like giving a cracker to a staved kid. Where just happy happy to have a cracker! "Damn, that was the best cracker I've had in my life, that can't be no ordinary cracker, what was that a ritz?"

And I'm saying this, because I'm ****ing pissed at sony for removing the Other OS feature from the PS3. The PS3 is to this day, the ONLY console in the history of consoles to LOSE features as it's gotten older. But as I'm a GT fanboy, I will shut up and stand in line to get my copy of GT5, because it's not Polyphony digitals fault for the transgressions of the parent company, and the fact remains that this is the best racing game on the console, if not on the planet.

Do I care that FORZA has more cars? No.
Do I care that FORZA has been doing damage longer? No.
Will I ever? I doubt it.
Quote from danowat :I have heard that you can actually do a background install, where it will install content as required, rather than doing it all before you start playing.

have you heard that by todays and tech standards that the ps3/wii/xbox are already years out of date ??

and infact that they should upgraded/changed every year or two to keep up but unlike pc's cant be done*

* ps3 can have HD changed.Their the same as laptops

tbh it'll be fun for those who enjoy it, those who dont.. play forza... if you dont play either... your fcuked. End off.
What about those that play both then?
Quote from danowat :What about those that play both then?

wasting their money, its all a waste of money in the greater scheme of things but we Have to put up with it.

i shall have both ( currently have forza... no comments needed ) and well, i know i will never be Fully happy with either without nitt-picking like most posters; though at the same time... i just wanna get in the bay window and do the ring, i wanna rally a dc5 around london without dyin of understeer and most importantly of all, i wanna go into a kart race with no assists and listen to controller fags scream " traction FTWWWWWWWWWWWW STOP HIDING ! " or equally amusing, 24 hours of the fiat 500.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG