The online racing simulator
Your order has been posted

Friday, 19 November, 2010 22:56

"Play.com Dispatch Confirmation" <orders@play.com>

Your order for Gran Turismo 5: Collector's Edition has been posted.

Please note PLAY.COM will show on your statement.

GET IN!!!
already posted ^
Ah, sorry.. i was over-excited, this M3 vid looks awesome!
I'm going to have a hard time of it because I can't heel and toe

I can't wait, I hope Ebgames get their orders out early.
A comment and answer from the last link ( GT5 Circuit de la Sarthe JGTC )

Quote from apollo33 :

It looks like that car has 200-degree steering? Is it also 200-degree steering with your wheel?

I ask because in Prologue I unlocked the Ferrari F1 car and it had 900-degree steering and I couldn't find a way to change it!

Quote from christheimperator :
unfortunately no. You still have your 900 degree steering... just ingame steering wheel animates 200 degree

I`m the only one who think this ruin more the cockpit inmersion and the wheel ( g25/27 or any wheel ) movement ( When you turn ) and looks not "right" in game that the wheel animation only spin 200º and you are doing more that 200º?

I know this is silly, but for me is important in the final details of GT5, looks like the animation is set for joystick only...

GT5 with 5 years of development could do a 200º animation for joystic

and 720º/900º for a wheel DFP/G25/G27 etc etc etc

GT5 have quality moustrosity, but the small details like "The hud in cockpit view" some limitations with cockpit view in non-prem car, some smoke effect, the 200º wheel vs reality animation, make me feel the game is not "worth" for me...

LFS lacks of many things, but the essential is ther, the only that botter me is no animation while change gears, the rest for me is perfect , that why i love the simplicity of lfs and the great Physics it has
Inouva, i think it works that if you turn your wheel more then 200 degrees, it makes no effect after that, so it doesn't 'lock' your wheel at 200 degrees, like LFS for example, it lets you rotate more, but it behaves like it's 200 degrees, if you understand what i mean. I think it works like that.. And what about smoke? Smoke is great!
Quote from Boris Lozac :Inouva, i think it works that if you turn your wheel more then 200 degrees, it makes no effect after that, so it doesn't 'lock' your wheel at 200 degrees, like LFS for example, it lets you rotate more, but it behaves like it's 200 degrees, if you understand what i mean. I think it works like that.. And what about smoke? Smoke is great!

The smoke in the xr7 drift video looks "Bad" even lfs have better smoke or NFS PS in terms of quality, about the smoke floating in the air is good

About the wheel you have your 900º in your wheel, still in the gt5 wheel animation it only 200º, perfect for joystic, hope i`m wrong

The rest of the game is great, still those small details ( The most important part for me in any game) kills the game for me
I missunderstood you then, yes, it seems that in-game wheel animation is not 900, which is a shame..

I noticed the smoke is better on these vids without any assists, like that M3 vid for example.. maybe i'm tripping, but that's how it seems to me, in the M3 vid smoke is great..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I missunderstood you then, yes, it seems that in-game wheel animation is not 900, which is a shame..

I noticed the smoke is better on these vids without any assists, like that M3 vid for example.. maybe i'm tripping, but that's how it seems to me, in the M3 vid smoke is great..

They are some vid where you can see perfectly the smoke in cars ( Those vidoes from the guy who "stole" the game) in those vid the smoke looks great but in the xr7 drift video looks bad, maybe is the quality of the cam was filmed

is a shame about the wheel animation vs reality, those small details is what kills the game for me

Maybe sound Stupid, but like i say,for me the most importan thing in any games is the small details, thats what make a game a GOOD game
Sure, but it is a stupid reason to miss out on the game, or it's just an excuse? It's nice to have a steering wheel to represent your real wheel, but you're looking ahead of you while driving, not directly at the steering wheel, do you.. so after time you won't even notice that..
What botters me more then that is that STUPID gear suggestions, that blink, is that suppose to help you? because it's not! It tells you to downshift when there's absolutely no need to downshift, so it's actually hurting your lap times..
Quote from Inouva :I`m the only one who think this ruin more the cockpit inmersion and the wheel ( g25/27 or any wheel ) movement ( When you turn ) and looks not "right" in game that the wheel animation only spin 200º and you are doing more that 200º?

that killed TDU for me as well.
Quote from CoolColJ :The transitions maybe quick due to pad useage, quick full lock etc. Wheel should be different. Can't you tell? The front wheel jitters around and returns to neutral really quickly.

An easy race at Tsukuba, I think it's an Mx-5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEznZcAk5zw

what troubles me isn't the steering speed, but the lack of body roll. Either the stock setup is too stiffly spring like in Forza (which is a minor problem) or the physics engine has some fundamental issues. (which is major)
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sure, but it is a stupid reason to miss out on the game, or it's just an excuse? It's nice to have a steering wheel to represent your real wheel, but you're looking ahead of you while driving, not directly at the steering wheel, do you.. so after time you won't even notice that..
What botters me more then that is that STUPID gear suggestions, that blink, is that suppose to help you? because it's not! It tells you to downshift when there's absolutely no need to downshift, so it's actually hurting your lap times..

I dont have a ps3, and never gona have one ( Execp someon gift me or i win in a lotery =P ) So, yes im gona miss the game

I stick to LFS , it have all i`m looking in a sim race, Good physics, simplicity at time to choose car+track, simplicity in the controls, simplicity to drive without any "Hud" and learn to use the gauges of the car etc etc etc. sooo few games haves this, and lfs is one of then

I hope some time i have the chance to own a ps3 and gt5 with a g25 , to test by myself the game etc etc, i`m envy to some of you that have the chance to have a ps3 with gt5 and a good wheel...
I know economy in Argentina isn't the greatest, but saving up $300 USD in a year for a second hand PS3 + wheel shouldn't be impossible?
Quote from JJ72 :I know economy in Argentina isn't the greatest, but saving up $300 USD in a year for a second hand PS3 + wheel shouldn't be impossible?

$300 + $250 + $60 + currency conversion can be a lot more. 1/4 of the earth's population lives on less than $200 USD a year so ...
Quote from JJ72 :what troubles me isn't the steering speed, but the lack of body roll. Either the stock setup is too stiffly spring like in Forza (which is a minor problem) or the physics engine has some fundamental issues. (which is major)

The 300ZX here looks ok, leans and transfer weight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nR8zsr2pU4
Pretty wild slip angles.
From my experience in Prologue, many of the stock setups are WAY too stiff, I just hope there will be a possibility to make them a lot softer in GT5. Take something with a softer ride like an Acura RSX and it looks pretty convincing in Prologue replays, whereas something like an M3 looks like it has suspension made out of stone.
In this video, I think the engine stalled at 2:05? He's using a G25 with manual clutch and H-shifter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgNSEifNq8I

I can hear the engine stop, he's already in neutral before this happened. My guess is he let the clutch in. And then the starter motor can be heard and the engine kick back into life.

BTW I think this guy actually races in real life in VLN
super detailed pics

]

]

]

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG