The online racing simulator
The guy in the vid probably need a change of shorts after that...
Wow he cant drive
wow the veyron sounds much better in forza 3
Quote from Luke.S :wow the veyron sounds much better in forza 3

With samples, yeah, it's WOW to someone sitting next to you, not actually while driving it, no? I can't believe that on LFS forums, people don't think syntethic engine sound is better then samples..
Invicible boarders / walls
Alaska track creator theme

I see the fat ass of a RUF

Quote from The Very End :Invicible boarders / walls

Aye that seems a bit lazy doesn't it? I'll be amazed if the airfield isn't an "environment" for generally tooling around and pretending you're Clarkson- "Powerrr", "In the world".

They could easily have done some "off-track, lap invalid" stuff. Invisible walls are lamer than rope fences that repel rally cars.
Probally it was lisence issues that needed to be followed, and therfor making the track very limited. But they could just made a fence / wall / ditch at the side of the road to prevent cars from going out, would look a lot better.
Impressions of a friend of that guy that made the report further up - He has a Fanatec, so they'll get around to testing it soon

Quote :
I have been to Amar's place to check GT5, unfortunately i had only one hour. He's been showing me menu and everything around GT life, all the options, music, and i must say it's brilliantly executed.

Now regarding standard cars, if the game shipped with only standard cars, i would have been very happy, cause they are, in game, racing, on par with other racing game, which name i want say. Only thing that is missing is cockpit view.

Sound of the cars is excellent, especially on 5.1 surround system that Amar has. There is enough dept in the basses and it's very clearm, it gave me goose bumps (not sure if this is right word)

We have been through course maker, and the possibilities are endless.One feature that i liked most is demo drive, where game creates track and AI is driving the car you what to demo drive. I could have set there for hours and enjoy the sounds of the car, scenery and just relax with a six pack beside me :-).

I drove one race in Masserati GT-S, and the feeling of the physics on the wheel is much improved over Prologue or TT (all assists off, abs on 1).
Drifters will enjoy this very much, it's so controllable with the wheel, but if you over do it, it want forgive you. It much refined to feel when the tyres are losing grip.

AI's behavior is really improved, it's almost if AI is using the same assists that player is using, or should I say AI is not using assists. I have seen AI over doing it on breaking and trying to accelerate as soon as possible, resulting in losing control of the car. This was played in Arcade mode, professional settings, assist off.

Online wasn't available so we couldn't test this.

Unfortunately, since i came straight from work to Amar, we couldn't test my Turbo S with CSP pedals :-(. I was so eager to see what took them 5 years to develop, and i was so pleasantly surprised, as i am sure all of you will be.

In that time that i was there, i couldn't help thinking, 24th can't come soon enough. I am tempted to buy 2 copies of GT5, just in case if something happens to 1st one.

This game will stay in my ps3 for a long, long time.

Interesting how some of them accused Amar to be some PD, Sony informer... they are right that he practically didn't said anything negative of the game..
Quote from Boris Lozac :With samples, yeah, it's WOW to someone sitting next to you, not actually while driving it, no? I can't believe that on LFS forums, people don't think syntethic engine sound is better then samples..

Yes, in theory synthetic sounds will reproduce the actual engine sound with higher accuracy, in relation to the listener position, the sound deadening between the source and the listener, the environment and so on, or in short: occlusion, reverberation and obstruction. LFS's (and GT5's for that matter) synthetic engine sounds, however, are a joke. I'll take samples any day, thank you.
Quote from morpha : LFS's (and GT5's for that matter) synthetic engine sounds, however, are a joke. I'll take samples any day, thank you.

No they are not, yes if you're looking from a 13 year old NFS fanboy perspective, then yes they are a joke. In LFS i can perfectly tell what my car is doing, am i crossing the limit in that corner, etc.. just by the engine sound, you can't have that same feeling with samples, ever. Sometimes listening what your engine is telling is as helpfull as force feedback from your wheel, so no, samples can never be better then that, i'll take synthetic sounds however badly they 'sound', any day.
While synthetic vs sampled sounds are largely a matter of preference, I'm on the synthetic camp. I like knowing what the hell my car is doing, that's far more important that it sounding amazing.
Quote from Boris Lozac :No they are not, yes if you're looking from a 13 year old NFS fanboy perspective, then yes they are a joke. In LFS i can perfectly tell what my car is doing, am i crossing the limit in that corner, etc.. just by the engine sound, you can't have that same feeling with samples, ever. Sometimes listening what your engine is telling is as helpfull as force feedback from your wheel, so no, samples can never be better then that, i'll take synthetic sounds however badly they 'sound', any day.

Same for me, nice words there
Does anybody know the composer of GT5 P's lounge music?

Invisible barriers exist richard burns rally, but they are at least far enough from the track to not be noticable. Those better not be in GT6 or they should be well hidden.
Quote from legoflamb :Does anybody know the composer of GT5 P's lounge music?

Invisible barriers exist richard burns rally, but they are at least far enough from the track to not be noticable. Those better not be in GT6 or they should be well hidden.

There are 180+ songs in GT5, so I guess various artists
Even in Prologue there was a different artist for every song

Telemetry makes it way back into GT5! Looks like you can load another ghost lap to compare. Time trial leaderboards just got more interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kUMVKcuphs

Nascar Pitstop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqetku05n28
Moon over castle is THE definiative GT tune, and it seems its not in GT5
Quote from danowat :Moon over castle is THE definiative GT tune, and it seems its not in GT5

In the GT5 soundtrack CD that showed up yesterday, there is a GT5 version of it. It's probably from the Japanese version GT5 intro
Do you have the CD?........wonder if there is any chance of getting it in mp3 format.......
Put deposit down today
Got my call from EB games today and their telling me the 24th?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG