The online racing simulator
would wrapping the pump in sponge help reduce vibration/noise?
the only thing that rig is missing is a round ide cable
Yeah it will have to be something like that to help mute the noise of the pump. Also going to work on blocking up any uneeded holes/mesh like the dirve bay covers. Haha, no what it is missing now is to pull out this dvd drive and put in a blu ray drive

Ps: Well done for guessing that was my rig in the pic :P
Quote from dadge :unassisted airflow (no fans) for the ram and hdd is more than enough to keep these components within their recommended operation temperatures. most/all pc chassis have the hdd mounts at the front. the air being sucked into the chassis with other fans is enough to keep the hdd cool. same for the ram. most ram (these days) come with their own heat sync. and motherboards have the ram slots positioned in such a way that they too are close to the front of the chassis.
most chassis designs is to encourage a push/pull configuration (cold air in @ front, warm air out @ rear).
if i owned that system, i would remove all the fans and use only 2 (max) fans attached to the radiator in a push/pull config. this will actually cool the radiator much better than just one fan.
using less fans will use less power, this means less heat from the psu. better airflow also reduces ambient air temp. with your fans in their current config, there is no "real" airflow because the air is being pushed in from all directions. simply by removing that bottom fan, you're encouraging the air to run smooth from the front of the chassis to the rear. the bottom fan is acting like a wall of air.

I had been using watercooling since the Athlon XP days, and I can tell you, you actually need case fans if you have a crowded case. If your system has the radiator built in, it's ok (well it's not since you cool it with 'hot' air), but if it's outside the PC, the inside stuff can get hot, especially when you have a lot of HDD's (which I always had). Also had a passively cooled vga, which needed the airflow in order to not to freeze. So it depends on the config, some doesnt need more fans, some does. Also it's so little noise these low rpm 120mm fans make, you don't even notice it.
Quote from RevengeR :I had been using watercooling since the Athlon XP days, and I can tell you, you actually need case fans if you have a crowded case. If your system has the radiator built in, it's ok (well it's not since you cool it with 'hot' air), but if it's outside the PC, the inside stuff can get hot, especially when you have a lot of HDD's (which I always had). Also had a passively cooled vga, which needed the airflow in order to not to freeze. So it depends on the config, some doesnt need more fans, some does. Also it's so little noise these low rpm 120mm fans make, you don't even notice it.

i completely understand. but that pic of that system gave me the impression that the cooling isn't as optimized as well as it could be. a well optimized cooling solution can give you some nice results. also saving you power because the whole cooling system isn't working so hard to maintain the same temps as an optimized chassis. if you look at the picture of Greboths you'll see that his cooling is quite optimized. because of this, his whole system benefits from it.

EDIT: if it were my system, i would move that bottom fan and attach it to the other side of the radiator. check youtube out, there's some good videos of those radiators with two fans (push/pull config) and they get great results from it.
imo, the graphics card is letting you down bud.
Quote from dadge :imo, the graphics card is letting you down bud.

Anything more powerful and he'll need a new PSU, so if it's fine for what he does then no need to upgrade.
Quote from MijnWraak :Anything more powerful and he'll need a new PSU, so if it's fine for what he does then no need to upgrade.

sorry dude, but you're wrong. a 500watt psu will run much better graphics cards than the one he bought.
imo, a 9800GT would have been a better card
rig? Well my PC is like this.

Laptop: (DUHHH) Acer Aspire 5738Z(or with G too )
Intel Pentium processor T4500 (2.3GHz, 800MHz FSB)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 560v (Up to 2813mb HyperMemory)
15.6 HD LCD
4GB DDR3 Memory
320GB HDD
DVD Super Multi DL drive
Acer Nplify 802.11b/g/n ( we have N wireless network. Pretty useful )
6 cell Li Ion battery

Not the super specs you can get... and its running Windows 7 Home Premium.
at least runs LFS 200fps. =) or so.

Other PC: Laptop too. Acer TravelMate 240.
Specs: 2.80GHZ celeron (OH CRA* what proccessor)
Unknown Motherboard and grapichs :=P
LFS Doesnt work lol.
Quote from MijnWraak :Anything more powerful and he'll need a new PSU, so if it's fine for what he does then no need to upgrade.

I'm running two OC'd 4850's and a Quadcore with 3 HDD's and 4GB of ram with 520W (:schwitz, so dadge is right.
Quote from Bose321 :I'm running two OC'd 4850's and a Quadcore with 3 HDD's and 4GB of ram with 520W (:schwitz, so dadge is right.

don't forget your fans and optical drives. oh, and any usb devices connected (keyboard+ mouse)
Quote from dadge :don't forget your fans and optical drives. oh, and any usb devices connected (keyboard+ mouse)

True. 6 120MM fans (5 with LED's) and 2 230MM fans (1 with leds). 1 DVD reader + a DVD writer. Mouse + wireless KB, webcam, wheel. (Does a fan controller use any power?) So yeah, you can do quite alot on 520W...
Got some upgrades from what I had but still can't even compare to most of your PCs...
I'm too lazy to write so I'm just gonna copy it from XFire.

MoBo: ASRock ALive NF5-eSATA2+
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ ~2.6GHz
RAM: 3GB DDRII 667MHz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB DDRII
HDD: 320GB total... 1X 160GB Seagate + 1X 160GB Maxtor Both at 7200RPM, not sure bout cache.

SAMSUNG SyncMaster 943SN 19" @ 1360x768

i know but with the money i had for the tower that i could get at that time. I only play games, no video editing or other graphic programing. i have played most new game out there on full graphics with no lagg or performance drop. so it great for me.

Yet a better one would be nice- just not needed now.
Laptop - Dell Studio XPS 16
Intel® Core™ i7-620M Processor (2.66Ghz, 4Threads, turbo boost up to 3.33 GHz, 4M cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate 64bit (English)
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
640GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
15.6" Edge to Edge Full High Definition(1080p)
1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 565v
9 Cell battery

Have the laptop as the secondary screen, run LFS on the Samsung series 8 46' LED LCD

Quote from fabiESCO :
i just pasted form what i bought

-GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L LGA 775 ... P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
-LITE-ON Black 4X Blu-ray Reader SATA Model iHOS104-06 - OEM
-LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk B ... TA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM

running window 7 ultimate-

2- 24" asus VE245 monitors
logitech 5.1 surround speakers with 6" sub

Logitech g27 racing wheel

Fabi your video card is OC'ed too

Quote from dadge :sorry dude, but you're wrong. a 500watt psu will run much better graphics cards than the one he bought.
imo, a 9800GT would have been a better card

I'm sorry about you are really wrong dagde.... There are not enough amps to properly run anything significantly better, The video card is more than up to the task as far as performing the necessary calculations for video at pretty damn good clip, However the available memory is a trade off but not to the point where you see it draw the landscape in front of you...

At the same times it's not like LFS is very demanding anyway.

Also NVIDIA can burn in hell slow & overpriced oh and runs hot as hell go figure..
Quote from The black Stig :

Also NVIDIA can burn in hell slow & overpriced oh and runs hot as hell go figure..

Go Red tide!
Quote from The black Stig :Fabi your video card is OC'ed too

I'm sorry about you are really wrong dagde.... There are not enough amps to properly run anything significantly better, The video card is more than up to the task as far as performing the necessary calculations for video at pretty damn good clip, However the available memory is a trade off but not to the point where you see it draw the landscape in front of you...

At the same times it's not like LFS is very demanding anyway.

this guy must have fluked it then.....

Quote from Bose321 :I'm running two OC'd 4850's and a Quadcore with 3 HDD's and 4GB of ram with 520W (:schwitz, so dadge is right.

Quote from Bose321 :True. 6 120MM fans (5 with LED's) and 2 230MM fans (1 with leds). 1 DVD reader + a DVD writer. Mouse + wireless KB, webcam, wheel. (Does a fan controller use any power?) So yeah, you can do quite alot on 520W...

[QUOTE=The black Stig;1513813]Fabi your video card is OC'ed too

haha- well didnt know that. being YOU the one who built it for me. no wonder it runs so freaking awesome.

fabiESCO from OSR (old sarge racing) from project torque(RIP)
Previous Rig

System: Media Center / Mid level Game RIG
CPU E2180 @ 3.33 @CPU - Load: 65-68 Core's 60/64@1.44v Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C Memory
OCZ 4GB 2 x 2GB DDR2-800 Graphics Card
MSI Model:Radeon HD 4650 R3650-T2D512-OC/D2
Hard Drive:Raptor 36gb 10k, WD250 GB, WD 1TB
Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX12V Power Supply Case
Athenatech A416BS.H350 Black Steel ATX
CPU cooling:ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 lapped
Windows Media Center 2005 > Windows 7
Monitor: SHARP 32" LC-32SB24U LCD TV HDTV

OLD Old pic

And it's death after 3.5 years

New system (in progress) {Partial rebuild after massive leak}
intel core i7 920 foxconn bloodrage 4410mhz overclock (Going to GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R)

Same harddrives as the old rig however 10K drive was replaced with an SSD

Dual XFX HD-685X-ZNFC Radeon HD 6850 (wating for water cooling blocks)

OCZ Flex EX 8GB's DDR3 2133

Antec HCP-1200

Coolermaster 690 case

Still deabting on screens but either a 32'' will be re used or two more compaq
q1859's

Current work computer/ Temp gamer

HP Promo 500B

add ons

4gbs of ram

5XXX XFX ati gfx card

Dual monitors
My rig. Works pretty well

Edit: And my old case. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of my old rig before I got my new
Attached images
PB180537.JPG
PB180538.JPG
P9140391.JPG
47571_159636024051543_128302550518224_534919_4749281_n.jpg
Old stuff:
Processor: intel core2duo e8500 @ 3.59ghz
Cooling: COOLERMASTER V8
Videocard: XFX GEFORCE GTX 260 896MB GDDR3 PCI-E DVI MULTI CORE
Cooling: STOCK
Memory: CORSAIR 4GB DDR2 XMS2 PC6400 (2X2GB)
HDD: 1x160GB 1x 320GB & 1x 1TB
Motherboard: ASUS P5QL PRO P43 775 ATX
PSU: COOLER MASTER REAL POWER MODULAR 520W
Speakers: crosswood 5.1 system
Soundcard: alc889a 7.1-channel
Monitor: Benq G2200W
Wheel: Logitech G25
Keyboard/mouse: logitech gaming g15 / microsoft laser mouse 6000

New stuff:
Processor: Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz
Cooling: Stock
Videocard: Gigabyte GTX460 768MB