The online racing simulator
Do you still have your hyper-rig?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Do you still have your hyper-rig?

Most of it yea, only thing i don't think i have is the gfx cards since i screwed them up by overclocking them or messing around with them.
Give me please I buy £50
watercooling kit = £289
Mobo = £117
CPU = £155
PSU = £56
Memory = £78
Gfx Card = £110
Case = £89
HDD = £45

So computer say's nooooooo
Haaha Was worth a feeble attempt.
Processor: Pentium D 950 2x 3400 mhz
RAM: Kingston 2 GB
Videocard: Gainward 9800 GT
HDD: WD 400 GB

Motherboard: Asus
Soundcard: 15 euro card , good sound though
Case: Chieftec
Speakers: Logitech Z3
Headphones: Logitech
Monitor: samsung 22 TFT
Keyboard: Logitech
Mouse: Razer Copperhead
Mauspad: Razer eXactMat
Attached images
Rig.jpg
ello, been lurking around the LFS fringes, my intro post is about my LFS rig - this is also my media centre so it's not amazing, and may get an upgraded graphics card soon

Windows XP MCE
Intel E5300 (800MHz FSB)
Intel DG45ID Mobo with integrated Intel HD Audio and Integrated Gfx (disabled)
2Gb in 1Gb chunks, 800MHz, DDR2
Inno3d NVidia 7600GT (256Mb card)
150Gb hard drive
LG Super Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/DVD RW drive
(All in an Antec Aria case)

Logitech G25 Wheel
Playseat Evolution (in black Alcantara)

Hooked up to my 28" widescreen TV

I use the seat and wheel for playing on the PS2 and on the PS3 (which I'll get when GT5 hits the shops)

Plans: Bigger TV, Upgrade the graphics card, maybe go to vista, or upgrade to windows 7 when that comes out
Bought a 17" TV / Monitor from work (with a rubbish max res of 1024*768!) so i'm now up to 4 monitors
Quote from Jakg :Bought a 17" TV / Monitor from work (with a rubbish max res of 1024*768!)

i've been told this for a while now...

Quote from Thunderbird the nvidia hacker, from nvnews :the tvout chip ALWAYS renders at 720x480 or 720x576 and if you select 1024x768 the image is scaled to the tvout resolution.

how true that is, i don't know... but he knows nvidia cards more than anyone else i can think of, except probably nvidia themselves.
Quote from W1ldPort75 :Processor: Pentium D 950 2x 3400 mhz
RAM: Kingston 2 GB
Videocard: Gainward 9800 GT
HDD: WD 400 GB
Motherboard: Asus
Soundcard: 15 euro card , good sound though
Case: Chieftec
Speakers: Logitech Z3
Headphones: Logitech
Monitor: samsung 22 TFT
Keyboard: Logitech
Mouse: Razer Copperhead
Mauspad: Razer eXactMat

Good, but why in bold?
+ you would really need 3GB of RAM in triple-channel or 4GB in dual-channel.
Quote from bunder9999 :i've been told this for a while now...

how true that is, i don't know... but he knows nvidia cards more than anyone else i can think of, except probably nvidia themselves.

It's hooked up by VGA to VGA on the TV - it's not being mistaken for a TV by my PC and it looks to be producing the right res image.
Quote from Jakg :It's hooked up by VGA to VGA on the TV - it's not being mistaken for a TV by my PC and it looks to be producing the right res image.

ah, you got a better tv than i thought then... what i posted above only affects the svideo-out/etc ports... it shouldn't affect the vga/dvi/etc ports.
Quote from Shadowww :Good, but why in bold?
+ you would really need 3GB of RAM in triple-channel or 4GB in dual-channel.

Why in bold ? Hmm its good enough for me .
3-4 GB ? Hmm no thx 2 GB is also good enough for me .
Quote from Shadowww :you would really need 3GB of RAM in triple-channel or 4GB in dual-channel.

how do you figure? i run 2gb dual channel in one of my machines, and it doesn't even use 1gb... the idea that you need more ram because it's faster is a joke.

edit: post 1000? yay? do i get a cookie?
Quote from bunder9999 :how do you figure? i run 2gb dual channel in one of my machines, and it doesn't even use 1gb... the idea that you need more ram because it's faster is a joke.

Thank you
Quote from bunder9999 :how do you figure? i run 2gb dual channel in one of my machines, and it doesn't even use 1gb... the idea that you need more ram because it's faster is a joke.

edit: post 1000? yay? do i get a cookie?

I have 4GB and I very often get "Low memory" message.
Quote from Shadowww :I have 4GB and I very often get "Low memory" message.

what are you running? vista? firefox? other bloaty apps?

the only two reasons today that people would want huge amounts of RAM, are bloaty apps and operating system (which seems to get worse by the day), or that they are running a server overloaded with daemons (ie: mysql, apache-with-php)
Quote from bunder9999 :what are you running? vista? firefox? other bloaty apps?

the only two reasons today that people would want huge amounts of RAM, are bloaty apps and operating system (which seems to get worse by the day), or that they are running a server overloaded with daemons (ie: mysql, apache-with-php)

Se7en 64.

Apps - Steam, firefox with ~100 tabs, and 3D Studio Max 2009 rendering something in background.
Quote from Shadowww :Se7en 64.

Apps - Steam, firefox with ~100 tabs, and 3D Studio Max 2009 rendering something in background.

Well in that case i LOL @ you... do u need 100 tabs at the same time? why render and have 100 tabs open? etc etc.

i have 2gb ram, Windows 7 x86..

i render sometimes, i play games (lfs, crysis, j2 hin, css, bioshock) i have NEVER gotten the "low memory" message on this rig
the thing is; just because you can, why do you need to do 100 things at the same time? if u wanna render + surf (100 tabs) get a second pc or something... still dont see how all of that can take up all of ur memory tho :/
maybe ur doing it wrong?
Quote from W1ldPort75 :Why in bold ? Hmm its good enough for me .
3-4 GB ? Hmm no thx 2 GB is also good enough for me .

loool 2GB soon goes nowadays get 4gb.. talking of which I broke the clips on one of my RAM holders so now I can only fit 3 sticks in... so max is a theoretical 4gb
Quote from Feffe85 :Well in that case i LOL @ you... do u need 100 tabs at the same time? why render and have 100 tabs open? etc etc.

i have 2gb ram, Windows 7 x86..

i render sometimes, i play games (lfs, crysis, j2 hin, css, bioshock) i have NEVER gotten the "low memory" message on this rig
the thing is; just because you can, why do you need to do 100 things at the same time? if u wanna render + surf (100 tabs) get a second pc or something... still dont see how all of that can take up all of ur memory tho :/
maybe ur doing it wrong?

Yes I do need 100 tabs.
Why render? because I don't leave my PC on @ night and 1680x1050 render really takes long.
You have x86 system - that's the thing. x64 apps use more memory.
And 100 tabs are separated to ~10 windows - I have 8-15 tabs in one FF window usually.
It happened to me also S14 , i broke one of them on my last mainboard , but like i said , 2gb is enough , and i play lfs , iracing , cod4 and have no probs at all .

Not sure about it. I just upgraded a couple of Vista PC´s from 2 to 4 gb and you actually can feel a difference. Here you read about the same:

http://translate.google.com/tr ... en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Quote from Shadowww :Yes I do need 100 tabs.
Why render? because I don't leave my PC on @ night and 1680x1050 render really takes long.
You have x86 system - that's the thing. x64 apps use more memory.
And 100 tabs are separated to ~10 windows - I have 8-15 tabs in one FF window usually.

how many apps do u have that is "x64" as u say, or 64-bit as i say...?
i mean, FF aint 64bit, dunno if 3dsmax is either..

well the renders take even longer if u have that amount of windows open so.. well..
Quote from Feffe85 :how many apps do u have that is "x64" as u say, or 64-bit as i say...?
i mean, FF aint 64bit, dunno if 3dsmax is either..

well the renders take even longer if u have that amount of windows open so.. well..

3dsmax is.

And there are private Fx 64bit builds

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG