The online racing simulator
Amd X2 6000
Geforce 9400GT
4096MB Dual Ram

IZ3D Drivers for 3d Play (Cyan & Red)
Toshiba Beamer 1280x768

G25 H-Shift/ Clutch/ 720 Degree (on road cars)
G13 Live for G15 Setup For Timesplit´s
Self made 4 Button Box
14 inch Monitor for VLFSDash on second out of GC
4X20 LCD Panel for Radioinfo & Equlaiser & Hotkeys in Winamp
(only offline in use)
4x 50 W. Bass Shaker
TrackIR3 Vector
Opel Corsa Cockpit
And 2,5 X 3,5m >Racing Room< for all this Racing Stuff,
Attached images
Bild 1.jpg
Bild 2.jpg
Bild 3.jpg
Bild 4.jpg
lfs 3d.JPG
Attached files
radio.rar - 1 MB - 219 views
Wow, now THAT setup is impressive! Good job!
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Wow, now THAT setup is impressive! Good job!

indeed it is. and hardware wise, it's actually quite a modest setup. good job.
Thx guys
Now i need a second Beamer for 180 degree look and a two Axis force motion. Then its perfekt for me
Quote from Xenix74 :Thx guys
Now i need a second Beamer for 180 degree look and a two Axis force motion. Then its perfekt for me

very nice indeed.. i just dont have the time to build something like that or i would.. would make the game that much better to race in.. for now i stick to what i got.([posted a couple pages back)

and great idea on using 2nd small monitor for dash- didn't think of that. might use it for my next desk build
Yes i see your Rig, its useful and nice with secound monitor for the right side

It remember me to the begining of my first "Simualtor", i really miss the allround look (thats the reason why i neeeeed a second beamer)
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
gameview.jpg
Attached files
ingame.rar - 1.8 MB - 208 views
My setup:
chair + E-brake from bmw(e-brake light button, soldered to a button on gamepad).
G25 wheel, using a Luisi car wheel, and pedals flipped for a better feal.

Video of it in use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDKoNmLUC64
Attached images
2010-10-15 14.22.29.jpg
I kno you wont believe me but i do own this

Intel Core™ i7 Extreme CPU i7-980 6-Core @ 4.3GHz (Each core)
ASUS Rampage III Extreme, X58 Chipset
Corsair Dominator DHX DDR3 1600MHz 24GB
ATi Radeon HD 5870X2 4GB GDDR5(Two of those) PCIe
Silverstone Strider 1500Watt PSU
Heatkiller watercooling
Oh, and a Corsair OBSIDIAN 800D
pics or didnt happen
Quote from Guthix :I kno you wont believe me but i do own this

Intel Core™ i7 Extreme CPU i7-980 6-Core @ 4.3GHz (Each core)
ASUS Rampage III Extreme, X58 Chipset
Corsair Dominator DHX DDR3 1600MHz 24GB
ATi Radeon HD 5870X2 4GB GDDR5(Two of those) PCIe
Silverstone Strider 1500Watt PSU
Heatkiller watercooling

yep- some pics please. not so much to say(yes u do) but always sweet to look at.

computer sounds espensive so must mean you got some badass set up to go with it.

as for me might set up my ATK3 joystick as my ebrake. will need to add it behind or side of shifter.. not sure what would help more any idea?(yes will have it angled so it pull up like real e-brake) i havnt found a picture of someone using this set up. would be usefull if you guys now any

as my revers mount pedals i got enough space for that

my computer getting upgraded and cockpit still it design mode.. will post pics once i have them.

http://i568.photobucket.com/al ... hoto0552.jpg?t=1292120812
@fabiESCO

Yep i have atk3 setup as handbrake on an angle, check my sig for details. But put it same place as your real car has it, because when i drive IRL now I always go for the HB next to my leg and its outside the stick IRL. So in an emergency I can't find it fast :/

Reason I put it there is so I could grab it with pinky finger when shifting ^_^ bad idea now though.
Quote from fabiESCO :yep- some pics please. not so much to say(yes u do) but always sweet to look at.

computer sounds espensive so must mean you got some badass set up to go with it.

as for me might set up my ATK3 joystick as my ebrake. will need to add it behind or side of shifter.. not sure what would help more any idea?(yes will have it angled so it pull up like real e-brake) i havnt found a picture of someone using this set up. would be usefull if you guys now any

as my revers mount pedals i got enough space for that

my computer getting upgraded and cockpit still it design mode.. will post pics once i have them.

http://i568.photobucket.com/al ... hoto0552.jpg?t=1292120812

I know a dude that did that, but it was for GT5. And it was for PS3 :eclipsee_

I also want a handbrake, actually i more want a G27 or G25
Since I haven't bought a computer for ~3 years I'm not exactly up to speed on what the best processors/graphics cards/systems of today are

Is this setup likely to run LFS (most importantly) and other demanding applications well?

HP Pavillion P6685 UK

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045 (Thuban) 2.7 GHz
HDD: 1TB SATA
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT230 1.5 GB
RAM: 6 GB
that will run about everything very well
Except the GPU is shit.
Just bought 4 more gig memory so it looks like this now:
(Built it over a year ago... wow time flies O.O )
pics were made on built day

mobo: gigabyte p55 ud4p
Cpu: intel core i7 860 quad core@ 2.8 ghz(currently its 3.4 ghz )
Ram: kingston hyperx ddr3 1600mhz 8gb
Vid.card: pny nvidia gts 250 oc 1 gb
Sound card: sound blaster xfi xtreme gamer
psu: master cooler 650W
hdd: 3x320 gb
case:cooler master cm 690
Monitor: 24" full hd LG vw246H
blue ray driver LG UH10LS20+random dvd burner
G15keyboard,G25(this is in closet for over 2 years now ) G3 mouse
Love them !
Attached images
new cam 006.JPG
CIMG1350.JPG
CIMG1353.JPG
Quote from JasonJ :@fabiESCO

Yep i have atk3 setup as handbrake on an angle, check my sig for details. But put it same place as your real car has it, because when i drive IRL now I always go for the HB next to my leg and its outside the stick IRL. So in an emergency I can't find it fast :/

Reason I put it there is so I could grab it with pinky finger when shifting ^_^ bad idea now though.

that helps. thanks. i keep running into a lil trouble when i set everything up. once i get out then come back in it looses my configuration. or tries to make my joystick the primary(i do have on logitech profile my wheel as default)
Handbrake tip:
A tip for the G25 & 27 users is (when you use the h-shifter) to use the Seq Shifters as the Handbrake. (like some real Rally Cars, they have a Handbrake on the Wheel behind the Seq Shifter)

Use the Logitech Profiler or Joytokey to bind a key on the Seq Shifters (both side same key, maybe Alt or Shift) and then go to your Game an config the Handbrake as this Key.

Works Great and you dont need to put the Hands away from Wheel during you "drift".
mustang, how's the stock CPU fan holding up? what kind of temps are you getting?
Quote from Xenix74 :Handbrake tip:
A tip for the G25 & 27 users is (when you use the h-shifter) to use the Seq Shifters as the Handbrake. (like some real Rally Cars, they have a Handbrake on the Wheel behind the Seq Shifter)

Use the Logitech Profiler or Joytokey to bind a key on the Seq Shifters (both side same key, maybe Alt or Shift) and then go to your Game an config the Handbrake as this Key.

Works Great and you dont need to put the Hands away from Wheel during you "drift".

good idea. only thing is some cars ask for the paddle shifter for shifting(if that what u mean. like me i love using all cars in game.

i have also tried using my clutch as the e-brake. that worked ok but it was funner to use it as real clutch and no auto clutching in game. hehe

the whole point on having joystick(dont have e-brake to soder into a button.) is just to make game a lil more realistic and gotta admit. set up looks sweet having it. would love full car dash and stuff like others have but that just out of my reach(for right now atleast)
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :mustang, how's the stock CPU fan holding up? what kind of temps are you getting?

i get nice low 40`s high 30`s,i got 5x120 fans in the case
Quote from fabiESCO :good idea. only thing is some cars ask for the paddle shifter for shifting(if that what u mean. like me i love using all cars in game.

i have also tried using my clutch as the e-brake. that worked ok but it was funner to use it as real clutch and no auto clutching in game. hehe

the whole point on having joystick(dont have e-brake to soder into a button.) is just to make game a lil more realistic and gotta admit. set up looks sweet having it. would love full car dash and stuff like others have but that just out of my reach(for right now atleast)

If you use a G25 or 27u can switch the H shifter to a seq too. (up & down)
Its the most usefull setup i found for myself. I have drive nearly 2 Years with an analog Handbrake (look at my 1 sim pics). And in races its totaly time wasting to use analog handbrake. If you wannt it for fun there are some irritating points. One of them is: the Handbrake is everytime On when you leave the Pit, even your analog handbrake is down. You must pull and leave to disable the Handbrake.

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG