The online racing simulator
Abit NF8
AMD Sempron 2800+
Club 3d Geforce 6600GT 128MB
1024MB DDR400
Hyundai ImageQuest Q15 15" TFT (Bigger would be nice, but no money )
Creative Sound Blaster 128PCI
Jamo Studio 135
Audio Pro Sub Evidence
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech Wingman Formula GP gas pedal as a clutch pedal (I still need to practice my heel-and-toe technique and I need to get a H-shifter too, full manual with sequential shifter isn't very realistic)
SYS: Shuttle SN95G5 V3
CPU: AMD64 3200+
MEM: 512MB PC-3200 DDR (Hopefully 1GB Dual-Chan soon)
DSK: 80GB Maxtor IDE
DVD: 4x CD/DVD+-RW
GPU: BFG GeForce 6800GT OC 256MB AGP
DIS: BenQ 19" LCD @ 1280x1024@60Hz (Cheap monitor, better color @ 60hz)
SND: nForce3 Audio 5.1 Optical Out/Digital Out
---
NET: 3.0Mbit Downstream/1.0Mbit Upstream Cable Internet
---
WHL: Logitech Driving Force Pro
SFT: ACT-LABS USB GPL Shifter
PED: ACT-LABS Performance Pedals /w Clutch
LFS: S2 Licensed
---
SET: 16x AF, 8x FSAA, VSync On, Highest Quality Mode, Color Vibrance increased a bit
FPS: 50-62FPS
ENV: Chassis: 50 Celcius, CPU: 58 Celcius (under load), Fan Set to Low
Spec i dont really remember even though i did build it myself in January... 1GBG RAM, Graphics Card is nVidia 256MB, CPU is AMD Sempron 3100 (i think). I get about 60 FPS with a full grid with everything up high.

Anyway to the important stuff... Wheel was originally a DFP then i bought an adapter from Frex GP (best buy in a long time)
the wheel has aluminium shift padles at the back aswell.

Here's some pics:
Attached images
destop1.jpg
destop2.jpg
Quote from nikimere : AMD Sempron 3100 I get about 60 FPS with a full grid with everything up high.

Here's some pics:

Highly unlikely.

ok maybe the sempron isnt as bad as I thought it was.. but 60 fps with everything maxed..
I would've never though a driver such as Niki would be on a Pringle diet!!! Hey, but nice wheel, looks nice.
Quote from nikimere : Wheel was originally a DFP then i bought an adapter from Frex GP (best buy in a long time)
the wheel has aluminium shift padles at the back aswell.

Here's some pics:

How much did the adapter cost? Is it easy to install?
i just built my new system:

asus a8n5x
amd 64 venice 3200+
leadtek geforce 6800gt
1 gb infineon ddr400
benq dvd writer
arctic cooling 64 silencer ultra cooler
two 120mm case fans
tagan 420 watt PSU
cheap microsoft internet keyboard
and even cheaper microsoft intellimouse optical (been using that for 5 years, its all i need, old one still works but the almost daily usage of five years was clearly visible)
samsung ide 160gb (took this from my old pc)
logitech DFP

first system i built all by myself, works very well.

next step will be a new monitor, 17" starts to feel small. i'll get a 19" crt or tft beginning of next year when the christmas amok shopping rush is over.

oh and not to forget, here is a picture with my sophisticated bucket seat...
Attached images
rig1.JPG
Quote from steve :Highly unlikely.

so what?... i cant read now!? The little numbers in the top left are at 50-60 average. That not FPS!?

@Tweak: You didn't notice the Pringles were sitting ontop of a Dominos menu then! lol!

Quote from BWX232 :How much did the adapter cost? Is it easy to install?

The adapter including shipping from Japan to Ireland cost €137 (Not including the Sparco wheel). Quite expensive but worth it! Easy to install, took about 20 minutes.
My LFS rig
Mobo: Asus A8N-SLI
Graphics: GigaByte 6800 Ultra 256mb
CPU: AMD64 3400+
Mem: 1GB Geil 400DDR
HDD: 2 x WD Raptors (10,000rpm) in Raid 0 stripe
PSU: Tagan 480w
Monitor: Samsung 19" CRT
Mouse: Razor Diamondback
Case: Antec SuperLANBoy Silver
Wheel: Logitech Momo Racing

I regularly see 200FPS on this at 1600x1200 with everything running full whack.
A64 3500+ Venice (stock speed) (cooled by XP-90C w/92mm TT LED fan)
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
1gb PC3200 PDP Sys (Patriot) RAM
ATI AIW 9800 PRO
SB Audigy2ZS
200gb WD SATA HD
480W TT Butterfly PSU
LiteON SOHW 1693S
TT Hardcano 13
TT Tsunami Dream (black/window)
Panaflo case fans all round

Pretty decent rig all round, want to upgrade the videocard later this year. I really like the looks and cooling of my case, excellent for when I want to start OC'ing.
Attached images
IMG_6588.JPG
I found out that I totally maxed out all the capabilities of my Socket A motherboard. The only thing I can improve on is the Video card but it be a waste to buy AGP cards nowadayz.

So I picked up some new stuff for a new computer I am building.

-Abit An8Sli PCi-e motherboard
-Nvidia Geforce 6600GT OCed 128mb
-Some cables, floppy drive, and a DVD drive from my personal computer Junkyard, and a fan.

Still a lot to go before I can even start building, once I get my case it will be pretty easy, I already have compatiable ram.

I think I will chose the FX-53 processor because it is the lowest in its family with a FSB speed of 200 and a multiplier of 12x, I can easily change the multiplier to 16x therefore overclocking it to the speeds of a Fx-57. I seriously need to think about the cooling though.

Anyone have expirience with PCi-E boards and if there is anything I should look out for?

A lil pic of what I got:
http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc015101if.jpg
Quote from nikimere :

The adapter including shipping from Japan to Ireland cost €137 (Not including the Sparco wheel). Quite expensive but worth it! Easy to install, took about 20 minutes.

Cool- the only thing that sucks about the DFP is the lack of big shifter paddles like the Momo.. I might seriously do the conversion at some point. Plus the wheel looks awesome like that.
Hello LFS addicts

My rig does not contain the very latest hardware (except the video card) but it is more than enough to run LFS at decent frame rates:

- P4 3.0 Northwood (watercooled and clocked at 3.5 ghz)
- Sapphire Radeon X800XT
- 1 Gig Kingston HyperX 3700 Memory
- Abit IC7-MAX3
- 2xWD-Raptor Raid0
- Hyundai L90D+

- Speed7 Pedals
- Logitech MOMO (the red one)
- Self-made sequential shifter (connected to the pedals)
- Self-made race frame
Attached images
rig1.jpg
rig2.jpg
My main racing rig is a Sempron 2800+, 512MB RAM, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, and two 80GB drives running three 17" CRTs. The wheel is a DFP (duh) and the chair is from a '96 Mustang Cobra. I've got some cheap speakers on there, but usually use headphones since my dog HATES the engine noises in LFS. Plus, my headset has a mic which I use with Ventrilo when my friends and I play. Hopefully I'll have a decent clutch setup and an H-shifter soon, though I'm not sure I want to spend the time and money until LFS has better clutch support. The best part about my setup is that everything just slides under the desk and the curtains close so when I'm not playing you'd never even know that stuff was in the room.

My main desktop machine gets used as a spare racing machine when friends come over. It's a Barton 2500+, 512MB, Radeon 9600 128MB, dual 200GB drives, and dual 17" CRTs (only one is used when playing games). I have a spare Logitech Driving Force wheel and pedals for friends to use.

I see you have my render of the teamnic endu skins on there, looks great on 3 monitors (would be nicer without some cars split in two though)
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Here's my setup ...

My main PC :
Intel Pentium IV 630 - 3 Ghz, 2 Mb cache, 64 bit
Abit GD8 motherboard - Intel i915 chipset
1 Gb DDR400 memory - 2 x 512 Mb
ATI Radeon X700 256 Mb graphics card - PCI Express
Maxtor 200 Gb SATA hard drive - 8 Mb cache, 7200 rpm
16x DVD drive and 16x double layer DVD writer
Floppy drive and memory card reader
Morex case with 350w PSU
Creative T3000 2.1 speakers
Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse
17" TFT flat monitor
Shared 8 Mb ADSL internet connection
Windows XP Pro SP2 in French

My server :
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ - 400 Mhz FSB
Abit AN7 motherboard - nVidia nForce 2 Ultra 400 chipset
1 Gb DDR400 memory - 2 x 512 Mb
ATI Radeon 9250 128 Mb - AGP 8x
Maxtor 250 Gb SATA hard drive - 16 Mb cache, 7200 rpm
16 DVD drive and floppy drive
Morex case with 450x PSU
Dedicated 8 Mb ADSL internet connection with Netgear DG834 v2 router
Windows XP Pro SP2 in French

KVM switch to swap keyboard, mouse and monitor between the 2 pc's ...
Quote from thisnameistaken :Out of curiosity - what sort of performance do you get with three monitors running on the parhelia? And what resolution are you using? I'd love a three-monitor setup but can't see any way to do it without using that card.

My performance isn't too bad, but it's nothing compared to a top of the line card. I average 20 fps using the LFS benchmark with moderate settings and a resolution of 3072x768. Not great, but not bad at all. Certainly playable. If you want three screens this is the ONLY way to do it. No other card offers this and LFS does not support multimon using two separate cards (only MS Flight Sim does this).

Quote from _rob_ :I see you have my render of the teamnic endu skins on there, looks great on 3 monitors (would be nicer without some cars split in two though)

I really love that render! As soon as I saw it I knew it would make the perfect wallpaper for my machine. I originally planned to use three fresnel lenses so that I'd have a really wide, seamless view. However; I think I may just live with this for now, then ditch the three monitors for a large screen LCD TV sometime next year. I just have to convince myself that LFS is worth spending $2000 on.
(Top One)
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/84/dsc015119bm.jpg
My second computer is born! Lol, it still needs a CPU which is shipping to me at this very moment (AMD 64 FX53).

Specs:
Abit An8Sli Board
RAID MAX X-1 Case
2x Kingston Hyper X PC3200 ram (1GB)
DVD Drive
Floppy Drive
7.1 Sound Card By Abit
BFG/Nvidia 128mb PCI-e 6600GT OCed
1x Western Digital 200GB HD (8mb cache)
AMD Athlon FX-53 (coming in the mail)
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
-
(BATOR) DELETED by BATOR
AMD64 3200 Clawhammer
Elite Computer Systems ECS760-M Motherboard
Connect3D X800XT Platinum Edition
Maxtor Diamondmax10 160GB SATA HDD
2 x 512k Kingston Ram 400mhz
Soundblaster Audigy
TFT 16m/s Monitor
Phillips DVD/RW
LG CD/RW
TAGAN TG480 PSU
4MB Blueyonder Connection
Quote from thisnameistaken :But... "Ouch!". I don't think I could go back to 20fps, it'd be like running on my old P2.

Keep in mind, that's just the "average" frame rate when running the LFS benchmark. My normal frame rate when racing is much higher since there's rarely 10 cars on screen at once. The biggest drawback of the card is that it takes a big perf hit when running AA/AF (25% or more) so I have to leave those options turned off. But, like i said, if you want to run 3 monitors it's the only game in town. And having the extra screen real estate off to each side makes a huge difference in the sensation of speed and being able to keep an eye on cars next to you.
I bet that Type R decal makes your PC faster :P
Quote from steve :I bet that Type R decal makes your PC faster :P

MAX LOL dude !
Quote from steve :I bet that Type R decal makes your PC faster :P

It adds 10mhz to my CPU speed, but not as much as the neons...
I couldn't drive on that chair. You roll around. :skateboar

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG