The online racing simulator
Hehe finally someone know who said it. I still agree the quote relates to real life oh and btw the pci-e clock is dangerously high. Why did you raise it?
that pcie clock.. lower it now. serious.
Quote from Roadie :that pcie clock.. lower it now. serious.

explination on why he should lower it now. serious. orders are for the army. this is not the army.
My parts list:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz + Thermaltake BigTyp 120 VX

MB: Gigabyte P35-DS3R

PSU: Corsair TX650W

RAM: 4x1 GB Kingmax DDR2 800MHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 896 MB

HDD:
Hitachi HDS721680PLA380 ATA Device (80GB)
ST3500410AS ATA Device (500GB)
WDC WD800JB-00JJC0 ATA Device (80GB)

Monitor:
Belinea 2225 S1W (soon MonitorTV Samsung P2270HD)
Samsung Mini Monitor

Wheel: Logitech G25

p.s.
cocpit still in WIP
Attached images
DSC01944.JPG
DSC01945.JPG
DSC01941.JPG
DSC01942.JPG
DSC01943.JPG
DSC01948.JPG
DSC01949.JPG
Quote from Roadie :that pcie clock.. lower it now. serious.

Err, no.

It's fine. Did you know that more then few videocards set the PCI-e bus to 125mhz themselves?

Some nVidia's highend 8, 9 and GTX series do, as well as some ATI cards.

I get better performance benchmarks, no hit in stability, no erroneous readings, no hassle at all. The GPU runs and deals with things a considerable bit faster TBH.

Raising the PCI-e bus came from a very, very trusted source with years of serious overclocking experience (In fact, he specced my machine up for me with parts that are deliberately OCable), so I'm more likely to listen to his advice them some guys in a small hardware section on a driving sim forum
Quote from Syfoon :Err, no.

It's fine. Did you know that more then few videocards set the PCI-e bus to 125mhz themselves?

Some nVidia's highend 8, 9 and GTX series do, as well as some ATI cards.

Nope. They don't. It was a motherboard feature.

Quote from Syfoon :I get better performance benchmarks, no hit in stability, no erroneous readings, no hassle at all. The GPU runs and deals with things a considerable bit faster TBH.

Highly doubt it, I would like to see some proof then

Quote from Syfoon :Raising the PCI-e bus came from a very, very trusted source with years of serious overclocking experience (In fact, he specced my machine up for me with parts that are deliberately OCable), so I'm more likely to listen to his advice them some guys in a small hardware section on a driving sim forum

Obviously your trusted source is an idiot. Sure you can raise it a little, but you will not get as much of a benefit versus the risk of raising it.

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/406438-pcie-frequency.html

http://www.overclock.net/ati/406121-pcie-frequency.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/fo ... erclock-quads-duals-guide

But it's ok, when you get data corruption, and your hard drive fails, don't look at me.
Quote from Jadran :My parts list:

what out with that big typhoon,it loves just not to turn over when u start pc !
i had to start it manually all the time
Quote from Roadie :stuff

Wow, you can multiquote, go you!

Re: data corruption; you obviously mistake me for someone who gives a toss.

I'm not just some stupid 13 year old kid who's flicking options in his PCs BIOS to see what happens. I've been producing music for about 11 years now, and in that time I've lost all of my stuff twice. Samples, my own presets and my working files, all gone. Both times I've pretty much been physically sick as both times it's been YEARS of hard graft down the toilet.

I've learnt my lesson, so with my old PC, which is still in fighting form, I built myself a nice little fileserver which sits in the corner of my studio running Ubuntu. EVERY SINGLE BYTE of important data, all my samples, presets, working files, VST installs, remix folders (and even my LFS install!) etc, live on Spudgun (thats my old PC's name, new one is called "Dave Hedgehog" (anyone get that reference?)) on his 750GB of space. And the MAJORLY important stuff is backed up on a spindle of DVDs, just in case...

So meh, the HDD on this PC might frazzle, no big loss. All I'll have lost my DiRT2 savefile and the 30 or so minutes it takes to install Windows XP. Big whoop. Like I'd risk losing my method of earning a few pennies every now and then...

Oh, and I double-checked, PCI-e is at 115mhz, not 125. My memory part of my brain is broken. I blame the years of drug abuse.
Might wanna bump it down to 110. A friend of mine did a 116 on his mobo(while on something smokey) during an oc and had 2 WD caviar hdd's go pop. Considering about data safety is my only concern. Don't flame at Roadie or me though he's had lot more experience (me included as a minor) at overclocking and when things go bad it's not a good sight. Plus installing XP is a pain in the ass.
Quote from e2mustang :what out with that big typhoon,it loves just not to turn over when u start pc !
i had to start it manually all the time

My work perfectly
hi !
i updated my rind.

CPU: Q9550s @ 3.83Ghz (Watercool)

GPU: 4870x2 2GB (Watercool)

MEMO: 6GB (2x2 + 2x1( GSkill 1066Mhz 5-5-5-15

MB: Gigabyte P35 - DS4

POWER: Seasonic X-Series 750w Gold

HDD: - Western Digital VelociRaptor 300 GB
- Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB

http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/01-8417ed1e58.jpg

http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/02-0f265f8127.jpg

http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/03-753cd20230.jpg

http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/04-ec3cfac526.jpg

http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/05-f8a47f2a82.jpg
Quote from Syfoon :Wow, you can multiquote, go you!

Jealous?

Quote from Syfoon :Re: data corruption; you obviously mistake me for someone who gives a toss.

I'm not just some stupid 13 year old kid who's flicking options in his PCs BIOS to see what happens. I've been producing music for about 11 years now, and in that time I've lost all of my stuff twice. Samples, my own presets and my working files, all gone. Both times I've pretty much been physically sick as both times it's been YEARS of hard graft down the toilet.

Most people would created some kind of backup or RAID 5 or RAID 1 array after the first failure for sensitive data.

Quote from Syfoon :I've learnt my lesson, so with my old PC, which is still in fighting form, I built myself a nice little fileserver which sits in the corner of my studio running Ubuntu. EVERY SINGLE BYTE of important data, all my samples, presets, working files, VST installs, remix folders (and even my LFS install!) etc, live on Spudgun (thats my old PC's name, new one is called "Dave Hedgehog" (anyone get that reference?)) on his 750GB of space. And the MAJORLY important stuff is backed up on a spindle of DVDs, just in case...

Ah, getting somewhere. I'm assuming you have some kind of backup on that pc too? Like a mirror of your drive incase that one fails. Hard drive failures are pretty common. Also, DVD's aren't a reliable form of backup.

Quote from Syfoon :So meh, the HDD on this PC might frazzle, no big loss. All I'll have lost my DiRT2 savefile and the 30 or so minutes it takes to install Windows XP. Big whoop. Like I'd risk losing my method of earning a few pennies every now and then...

Glad you have the time to waste, want to share some?

Quote from Syfoon :Oh, and I double-checked, PCI-e is at 115mhz, not 125. My memory part of my brain is broken. I blame the years of drug abuse.

Insert foot into mouth.

But really, just trying to help, no need to get all defensive.
Quote from Roadie :Jealous?

Yes

Quote from Roadie :Most people would created some kind of backup or RAID 5 or RAID 1 array after the first failure for sensitive data.

I'd have loved too, I was a poor student during my first loss, and, er, in a hole during the second, so a nice backup like that was completely out of the question

Quote from Roadie :Ah, getting somewhere. I'm assuming you have some kind of backup on that pc too? Like a mirror of your drive incase that one fails. Hard drive failures are pretty common. Also, DVD's aren't a reliable form of backup.

Yup. And there's another backup of the most sensitive stuff on my mothers computer... she only uses about 50GB, so I may as well use it. Could be a bit of a pain in the arse should I need to access it...

Quote from Roadie :Glad you have the time to waste, want to share some?

I'll cost you

Quote from Roadie :Insert foot into mouth.

But really, just trying to help, no need to get all defensive.

Sorry. You have to be on my usual forum as everyone is just a b..... I was still in that... "mode" <3
AMD Phenom II 965BE 3.4Ghz @ 4Ghz 1.5v + Corsair H50
ASUS M4A78 Pro Mobo
2X2GB kingston Hyper X DDR2 1066 C5 @ 800 Mhz 4-4-4
XFX Radeon HD4850 625/993 @ 680/1100
2X Samsung F1 750GB RAID0

http://www.hardware.info/nl-NL/usersys/cmlxYZ1kk2qdnGI/view/
For pics,3dmark,spi,oc,more specs etc
Had this system for a month or so...started out mediocre but now its a speed daemon

Started out with an Athlon II X4 620 but I wanted more, so I went and picked up a Phenom II 1055T X6. I had a GTX260 but again, wanted more so I picked up a GTX480. Pretty pleased with this little box...and I do mean little, got it all crammed into a MicroATX case.

Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.15GHz w/ Stock cooler
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 800
eVGA GTX480
WD Black Series 640GB
In Win Z589T.CQ350TBL MicroATX Case
Corsair HX 750w PSU
92mm Panflow Exhaust Fan

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1246414
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
you'll also have to let us know how well that hex core works out.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :Had this system for a month or so...started out mediocre but now its a speed daemon

Started out with an Athlon II X4 620 but I wanted more, so I went and picked up a Phenom II 1055T X6. I had a GTX260 but again, wanted more so I picked up a GTX480. Pretty pleased with this little box...and I do mean little, got it all crammed into a MicroATX case.

Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.15GHz w/ Stock cooler
G.Skill 4GB DDR2 800
eVGA GTX480
WD Black Series 640GB
In Win Z589T.CQ350TBL MicroATX Case
Corsair HX 750w PSU
92mm Panflow Exhaust Fan

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1246414

That is interesting, fitting such a monster rig into such a fine little box. I guess it'll be a tremendous rig for LAN Parties

And yes, like above, please tell us how the hex is working out. I'm looking for a step up in the nearest future.

Thanks in advance
i bought a cheap Acer Laptop for my work (PHP developer & graphics designer) so i can take it whenever i want, it's not a gaming laptop exactly but it can run few of them... LFS on max

Acer Aspire 5740G
- Intel Core i3 330M 2.13GHz
- 4GB DDR3 1066MHz
- ATi Mobility Radeon HD5470 512MB
- 640GB HDD
- 15,6" LED display 1366x768 + 22" BenQ E2200HD 1920x1080 HDMI
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Logitech Driving Force GT

second computer is my desktop one, previously used for everything, now only for video works & rendering, some gaming and data storage:

- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 OC 3GHz
- ASUS P5Q Deluxe MB
- 6GB DDR2 800MHz
- ZOTAC nVidia GeForce 9800GT OC 512MB
- 250GB Hitachi + 500GB WD SATAII
- 22" BenQ E2200HD 1920x1080 HDMI
- Windows 7 Gamers Edition / Windows XP Professional (7 for gaming, XP for tuner capturing)

Both included on the photo
Attached images
25062010448.jpg
Tried some racing sims on my tv, sweet experience coupled with TrackIR.
Attached images
sim-tv.jpg
my wallet friendly univeral pc

Athlon II 250 Regor
Rocketfish CPU cooler
ASUS M4A78 Plus
4GB G Skill ddr800
GeForce 8500 GT
Amazon no name case
Rosewill 400w PSU
Acer x203h monitor
Driving force gt

not a next gen gamer on my pc so I'm more than happy with what i have for LFS and watching top gear.
Here's my rig:

===========================================
CPU
= Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,4 GHz
MEMORY = 3 GB Ram 800mhz
GRAPHICSCARD = Geforce 8800gs (368 MB video memory)
HARDDRIVE = 750 gb samsung harddrive
KEYBOARD & MOUSE = cheap keyboard and mouse ( still working after 2 years )
WHEEL = G25 steeringwheel (not modded)
MONITOR = cheap HANNS.G 17'' monitor (still working perfect)
OS = Windows Vista Home premium
===========================================
I don't know much about the spec of the PC as my friend just gave it to me. It's an AMD quad core with 4GB of RAM. Got an NVidia gfx card but unsure which model, handles LFS at a constant 100FPS. The best bit is the G25 with a homemade frame and 5.1 surround sound.

High res @ http://www.flickr.com/photos/m ... _/sets/72157624275394153/ last 3 pics, others are the phase 1 version of the project
lol perfect tables
Quote from Raito :lol perfect tables

imo, it shows a creative mind. ya know, make do with what you've got. top job buddy.
did you balance the 5.1 for your head position? the back speakers should be at about 25% and the front should be 75%
Quote from dadge :imo, it shows a creative mind. ya know, make do with what you've got. top job buddy.
did you balance the 5.1 for your head position? the back speakers should be at about 25% and the front should be 75%

Yeah, the control box for the surround sound has adjusters for each direction, ect.

Fixed the table issue with some wood

These buttons will form the Ignition button which I will mount under the steering wheel desk, and the handbrake which will be mounted in the center console. Need to find something to wire them into first though..

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG