The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Its Week 13.. things are a little different.. it will go back to normal series next week
Ahhh, okay, thank you!
Had a great hosted session this morning - few LFS racers on there I saw.. MX5/Solstice around Lime Rock is a brilliant combo, MX5's are utterly addictive.
I've opened a Williams FW31 hosted session, if anyone's interested!
I may be wrong, but does anyone else notice that the the Williams gets a little too much air at the top of the hill in Limerock for the amount of downforce it generates?
Today i raced with SCCA Spec Racer Ford on Lime Rock, and when i contacted with another car, every time crashed the game. Why? (f*ckin bug 5 races, 3 crash )
Quote from raczger :Today i raced with SCCA Spec Racer Ford on Lime Rock, and when i contacted with another car, every time crashed the game. Why? (f*ckin bug 5 races, 3 crash )

It's a know bug, hopefully will be patched tomorrow. Try checking the iRacing forums instead of this one for your iRacing information

ohh..and stop hitting other cars
Quote from RedBullGivesYouWings :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-xzjwbS3bA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGleDFzL5c

Yes please sir!

Hands and steering wheel doesn't move, and the driver looks like a crash test dummy, he doesn't even move a little

Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Someone gave me offers for reduced prices, but I can only use one, right?

It's like mentioned before, Star Mazda(I love Mazdas, 787B!), Zandvoort and that 3-for-2 offer.

I want to think well before doing anything. LFS and rF for example are easy to enter and keep, but iRacing scared me a bit when I heard about the prices, even maintaining(subscription) costs.

yeah it´s kinda annoying that there is no animation of the driver. But iRacing is now a good address if you want to have some fun with an F1 car. The BF1 was the reason I bought lfs and I really enjoyed the racing with the F1 but in the last time it got kinda hard to find a server with people racing the F1.

Ill try to have my fun with the F1 in iRacing before there happens the same what happened with the f1 in lfs and the people stop playing it.
I took a random plunge and bought the Williams earlier, joined in a few hosted sessions and I can that I love it! There's a real sense of knowing when your on the edge (and when your just about to cross it).

My only problem with iRacing at the moment is a slight hint of steering input lag, Its probably about 0.2 seconds at a random guess, but its no where near LFS's practically instant response time - anyone know how to get rid of this in iRacing? Its more noticable if i do a slalom type swerve motion with the wheel, there's definately a delay there, it makes saving slides and predicting things the way I do on LFS so easily, almost impossible at times. It just makes all the cars feel a bit... "Sloppy", with LFS you feel like your part of the car (without sounding too lertsy), its like your 'One' with the pixel beast.

Anyway, enough with the blabbing.

F1 = good
Steering Lag = bad
maybe fps issues?
Quote from funRacer[83] :maybe fps issues?

Constantly capped to 101, I don't stare at it as I drive but i've never seen it below that!
Quote from mcintyrej :Constantly capped to 101, I don't stare at it as I drive but i've never seen it below that!

What card do you have? if it's ATi then go to your iRacing renderer.ini (in documents/iracing) and set LimitPreRenderedFrames to 1

If you have nvidia make a profile (if you haven't already) in your nvidia control panel for iracing and set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1

Run with vsync off as well.

If that doesn't cure any steering lag then I'm stumped.

I run all my sims with no vsync and pre rendered frames to 1 and that's cured all steering lag for me.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Hands and steering wheel doesn't move, and the driver looks like a crash test dummy, he doesn't even move a little

Ah well if thats how you want to judge you sims, then i feel sorry for you, its only you missing out
Just for the record, i'm vsync'd to 60fps and i don't experience any input lag that i've noticed. Nvidia gtx260 here...
Aha! Changing the pre rendered frames to 1 didn't do much, but setting my game to Fullscreen worked a treat. Thanks for the help guys!
I just got a special 3 month re-activation code for iracing I am gonn wait till the end of the month to use it, though. anyone else who took a break from iracing might want to check it out. I am extremely interested in the new tire model that will be coming in 2011. The way the development team is sharing information on their ever evolving product sorta makes gt5 pale in comparison. Of course iRacing is on the pc. The new build has new graphical improvements, but i want more Dx10/11 goodies.
I've got that 3 month re-activation a month ago, i renewed few days ago so i've got 3 month to play now, but i've checked my mail today and i see they sent another one It expires 11/30/2010 so i can do nothing with it. I hope they send me another one 3 month later
Shit, so you know how I brought up mosport the other day.. see if you can get under 1:00?

My 1:01.3~ lap is 4 seconds faster than the real lap record around Mosport. (by Wiki).

Holy ****.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Shit, so you know how I brought up mosport the other day.. see if you can get under 1:00?

My 1:01.3~ lap is 4 seconds faster than the real lap record around Mosport. (by Wiki).

Holy ****.

A Williams F1 has raced at Mosport?
No. I mean doing it in the Williams, is 4 seconds faster than the real lap record (which is in an ALMS LMP car mind).

It's still really ****ing fast. I know people that are good drivers could beat 1:00.
Oooo. 3 months for one.. Time to resubscribe

E - Oh, just saw Gabkicks post
To any Englanders bemoaning the fact that the MX-5 is only running at Lime Rock and Laguna Seca: our weekly Wednesday evening club championship will be running a full schedule of races for the MX-5 this season including a few double-headers on multiple circuit configurations and a finale at Spa for Week 12.

Passwords will be in Club England forum.
I haven't received any codes, although I do get the emails from them with news
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG