The online racing simulator
I would like to hear what Eric has to say about the progress of his work on the development of S3.
With all due respect, seems to me that at this moment it would be more interesting than what Scawen could say.
Quote from adamshl :I would like to hear what Eric has to say about the progress of his work on the development of S3.
With all due respect, seems to me that at this moment it would be more interesting than what Scawen could say.

or not

couldn't help myself
Just read this on another forum. Could be HOAX, but could also be true.
Quote :I heard S3 is in closed beta stage atm. I wrote with someone who is in it. He didn't gave out info's though E7462
But he said you could see the new interior and rims and stuff on some preview pics^^

Bah, don't believe anything that isn't posted by the developers.
It would be sensible to assume that S3 content is being tested behind closed doors somewhere, either just by Scawen/Vic/Eric or by the group of beta testers as well.

Whether or not it is beta (feature complete, bugfixing) or alpha (feature incomplete) is another matter.
And there was also some FOX on rockingham action at some press event or something not to far back. I forget what the even was and what not. It could be a possibility that there is a closed beta consisting of the older 2003 players. I really wouldn't doubt it.
Quote from Bean0 :The German Car is not S3 content

You do realize that it was kind of a joke, do you?
Christmas... all i say *evil laugh*
Quote from Kerodal :Christmas... all i say *evil laugh*

40 Posts, Join Date: Apr 2008

Certainly NOT a beta tester... all i say *evil laugh*
Quote from Kerodal :Christmas... all i say *evil laugh*

Do you seriously think that developers are just waiting for a specific time, to release the all new ULTRASUPERDUPERAMAZINGpieceofcrap VWS?

No seriously, this is funny. If all we get at the end is new tires psyhics and VWS, i will be seriously dissapointed. In the time it is taking, i am expecting weather to be added and whole engine to be rewrited, for god sake.
It's funny, if we get new physics I won't be disappointed. I'll definitely enjoy it.
the day we have some new physics we will certainly also have around 20 new cars as the existing ones may not feel the same as they used to do.
I hope the interiors will also be updated.
Quote from thezero : Do you seriously think that developers are just waiting for a specific time, to release the all new ULTRASUPERDUPERAMAZINGpieceofcrap VWS?

It is certainly possible that the devs have a private "release date" for the Test Patch and are working towards that date, e.g. having the biggest things ready and just working on small changes where they can guess how long they will take. IMO.

Quote from thezero :No seriously, this is funny. If all we get at the end is new tires psyhics and VWS, i will be seriously dissapointed. In the time it is taking, i am expecting weather to be added and whole engine to be rewrited, for god sake.

Prepare to be sad then.

You are just delusional.
Damn, it's already been two months since last progress report, and it feels like yesterday to me Hopefully carcass study went well and he's polishing it.
I love my S2 kkkkk .... I'm very pleased, I still have many competitions on it and I get great satisfaction .... kkkk

S3 out when it will be very welcome, everything has its purpose kkkkk ... have patience is the secret kkkkkk ...!!!
long life for all
What's kkkk?
Quote from paulistabr :kkkk

It was an encrypted message, translation bellow...

Our race shall rule this planet KEKEKE
Quote from ldriver :the day we have some new physics we will certainly also have around 20 new cars as the existing ones may not feel the same as they used to do.
I hope the interiors will also be updated.

This is a wise post that touches a thing about content that i think most forget.

With updated physics EVERY car in the game will be different, thus you could say we would get 20+ new cars once the patch is complete.

What i would really like to see a nascar-type car, it could be based on the for expample the rb4, just converted to a nascar, both visually and, with a big-ass v8 and rwd.

Exept for rally cars i think that is whats missing.
I think all the tracks that we have will be modified, because the "Rockingam" one is laser scanned, and the force feedback on the wheels will vibrate / hate nascar-type cars /
Quote from BOSCHO :I think all the tracks that we have will be modified, because the "Rockingam" one is laser scanned, and the force feedback on the wheels will vibrate / hate nascar-type cars /

Well thats you! and oval racing can be very fun. And with rockingham i think we will get another oval into the game aswell.

And i think the only thing thats missing from the game is a car speciallized for oval racing. Just imagine all the new nascar leagues that will come from this.
Quote from AcesHigh :Well thats you! and oval racing can be very fun. And with rockingham i think we will get another oval into the game aswell.

And i think the only thing thats missing from the game is a car speciallized for oval racing. Just imagine all the new nascar leagues that will come from this.

Yes.. and the NasTy car with best configuration will win.. like in the drag races. What a fun to go up and down to a "track" and keep you foot on the thortle forever.. I think the only fun thing is to watch outside the window of your car - what the other driver watch on his coockpit TV
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG