The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
1991 Honda CBR 750 Nighthawk

All stock, but I do plan on lowering it, and getting a few bits for it.

My dad bought it so we are going to "share" it haha but I plan on doing a lot of riding. (:
Attached images
Bike.jpg
Dad on bike.jpg
New (well,secondhand, but new to me ), TT specific bike, so I can give my poor Allez a rest!!
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
Quote from greg_slideways :1991 Honda CBR 750 Nighthawk

All stock, but I do plan on lowering it, and getting a few bits for it.

My dad bought it so we are going to "share" it haha but I plan on doing a lot of riding. (:

Lower it? Why? So you can totally screw up the handling?
Because neither of us can have both feet touch touch the ground it is a bit high. My dad took the motorcycle endorsement course, and the instructor said you should be able to have both feet on the ground. makes sense to me, although this is our first bike and to be honest I would think that is a bit of a safety thing.
Quote from greg_slideways :Because neither of us can have both feet touch touch the ground it is a bit high. My dad took the motorcycle endorsement course, and the instructor said you should be able to have both feet on the ground. makes sense to me, although this is our first bike and to be honest I would think that is a bit of a safety thing.

Na just stretch your legs the medieval way
Quote from greg_slideways :Because neither of us can have both feet touch touch the ground it is a bit high. My dad took the motorcycle endorsement course, and the instructor said you should be able to have both feet on the ground. makes sense to me, although this is our first bike and to be honest I would think that is a bit of a safety thing.

31" seat height is not very high. You don't need to be able to flat-foot both feet. Toes work fine.

What is your height and inseam?

I'm 5'7", 30" inseam. My bikes over the years:

- 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa: 32.7" seat height
- 1990 Kawasaki Ninja 500 (EX500): 30", raised at least an inch with aftermarket, performance-oriented dogbones (added height at the rear grab rail was 1.5")
- 2006 Suzuki SV650: 31.5", raised at least an inch or two for more aggressive steering geometry
- 2006 Suzuki SV1000: 32"
Quote from Forbin :31" seat height is not very high. You don't need to be able to flat-foot both feet. Toes work fine.

What is your height and inseam?

I'm 5'7", 30" inseam. My bikes over the years:

- 2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa: 32.7" seat height
- 1990 Kawasaki Ninja 500 (EX500): 30", raised at least an inch with aftermarket, performance-oriented dogbones (added height at the rear grab rail was 1.5")
- 2006 Suzuki SV650: 31.5", raised at least an inch or two for more aggressive steering geometry
- 2006 Suzuki SV1000: 32"

^id listen to him if i were you^
http://www.wheelerpolska.home.pl/images_rowery/600.JPG

A Wheeler 600 here... :hide: Just mine is a gray one...
It's a quite a good bike, 21 gears, very good and soft front fork, with good brakes.
I had no money for a new one so my uncle gave me this one, but I still love it.
Quote from Forbin :31" seat height is not very high. You don't need to be able to flat-foot both feet. Toes work fine.

Yes, I've seen people riding tall supermotos and the like, on the road, that have to slide their butt all the way off the seat Dani Pedrosa start-line style to get a foot down. There's not a lot you can't work around if you're keen enough.

I'd be very reluctant to lower bike, it will not do it any favours, but you can always return it to the correct setting once you realise bikes don't actually fall over very easily with someone sat on them, and feel very light as long as you don't let them lean too far.
pedrosa is special, thts an extreme case. he use to need a step to get on the thing lol

when he was injured, mechanics lifted him on and off it lol
yamaha tzr 50cc 2005
Attached images
33333.jpg
I'm Dutch, so I have three bikes.

Imagine a pair of TNT Post mail bags attached to this one.

Everyday bike.

Sports.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :yamaha tzr 50cc 2005

Probably should've gotten myself something like that, but oh well.
Quote from hrtburnout :I'm Dutch, so I have three bikes.

Imagine a pair of TNT Post mail bags attached to this one.

Everyday bike.

Sports.

Whel i have 2 what does that make me
Had to sell BMX to get motorbike on the go.
Swapped a go of the motorbike for a frame, forks and stem, then chucked bits of bike parts laying around garage on it and I'm on the go again.
Need to sand down frame and forks to respray them, then build an awesome bike up once again but money is a bit scarce for me atm :|
Attached images
CIMG0092.JPG
here is my bike. cost me 5k

to see some better pics plus of me riding it check out my bro's website stefanfeldmannphotography.com as he has done some pics of me riding it and also some more on his flicker account which he has a link on the website. If the flicker account isn't there go to his blog as i know its there.
Attached images
Windows Photo Viewer Wallpaper.jpg
The blue beast. 350cc single cylinder old two stroke Russian monster. Drinks a lot of fuel, and it isn't fast at all, but it makes lovely sound and is quite torqey. I've changed clutch cable today and tested it in my yard. My grass is ruined now :bananalla . Oh, and the clouds of smoke coming from exhaust pipes is fun!

Maybe i'll make better photos some day.
Attached images
20101007087.jpg
DSC00209.JPG
DSC00210.JPG
DSC00211.JPG
Quote from swisscosmo :here is my bike. cost me 5k

to see some better pics plus of me riding it check out my bro's website stefanfeldmannphotography.com as he has done some pics of me riding it and also some more on his flicker account which he has a link on the website. If the flicker account isn't there go to his blog as i know its there.

Nice but 5000 for a bicycle?
nom nom nom norco... i wanna ride ze mountains in B.C. one day :<

Ginjo - how much did you spend on your boat, that is just a boat? :P
Quote from KiRmelius :The blue beast. 350cc single cylinder old two stroke Russian monster. Drinks a lot of fuel, and it isn't fast at all, but it makes lovely sound and is quite torqey. I've changed clutch cable today and tested it in my yard. My grass is ruined now :bananalla . Oh, and the clouds of smoke coming from exhaust pipes is fun!

Maybe i'll make better photos some day.

It's beautiful! Love it.
Quote from G!NhO :Nice but 5000 for a bicycle?

For top components, you gotta pay alot yes. But can be used all year, not like your boat twice a year.
Quote from Fuse5 :nom nom nom norco... i wanna ride ze mountains in B.C. one day :<

Ginjo - how much did you spend on your boat, that is just a boat? :P

My boat cost around 2500 euro (maybe more) i think, imo better spend money than on a 5K bike.

I don't see the point of having a 5k bike, when you are not anything like a professional biker in whatever discipline.
Quote from G!NhO :My boat cost around 2500 euro (maybe more) i think, imo better spend money than on a 5K bike.

I don't see the point of having a 5k bike, when you are not anything like a professional biker in whatever discipline.

Then whats the point of a 2.5k boat when I don't see your ass ( Nor would I ever want to ) In professional boat racing, Go fish elsewhere :P

500 dollar car is win.
That doesnt make sense, it's not exactly a racing boat is it...

That bike on the other hand looks pretty professionalish.

btw fishing is gay.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG