The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Quote from DevilDare :Honestly, even with all the crap going on, I find F1 2010 much more entertaining than LFS. (At the moment)

I so don't agree with this. In short-term it can be pretty entertaining, but LFS even beats it just drifting around with the pad. (Well not if your GFX-Focused).
Quote from DejaVu :To further this, he just replied saying that AI times ARE NOT fake in racing. . . what a load of shit

Post taken from codies f1 forum:

Actually, xaotik (a friend of mine) noticed in that video that the AI times are not fake, but it seems to be a calculation typo and their gaps are subtracted instead of being added
Just bought it for 360 and even with the controller its quite fun.

the Career mode is much better then any F1 game i have ever played easily.
Its a good game and all, but I am alone in getting a bit bored already?, its just not a huge amount of fun, it feels a bit sterile, not really a great deal to draw me back in.

Kinda wish I'd have brought DR2 now and waiting till F1 got discounted.....
Quote from danowat :Its a good game and all, but I am alone in getting a bit bored already?, its just not a huge amount of fun, it feels a bit sterile, not really a great deal to draw me back in.

Kinda wish I'd have brought DR2 now and waiting till F1 got discounted.....

The main problem imo the game can easily frustrate you when you get weak spin outs that are impossible to correct that make little to no sence.
To be fair, the sport its attempting to simulate can be a bit sterile and devoid of fun at times, so I guess it goes with the territory.
I found it fun to begin with, but now the bugs, the crappy handling and the piss poor FFB has taken the shine off of it.

After going back to iRacing and nKPro for some laps I fire this up do 3 or 4 laps and turn it off again. Pity, it had a lot of potential, but as usual Codies rushed it out before it was finished.
Best G25 wheel settings I have found -
Attached images
advancedwheelsettings.jpg
FFB.jpg
profiler.jpg
Monaco on the 360 is a disaster, you can drive through the walls but once you go through it your car gets Destroyed and goes into a million pieces, also when you go through the Hotel Hairpin if you hit the wall on exit you fall underground into another dimension.

Not to mention when you go through swimming pool the game lags like crazy(every time you go through it).

I Don't know what happened here but they left monaco half finished, the another tracks have no problems like this.
Quote from The Moose : but as usual Codies rushed it out before it was finished.

not only that, they had already started on the 2011 version before this hit the shelves. F1 series seems to be just another cash cow for them. any patches in the pipeline?
Yes, patches are in the pipeline
Quote from anttt69 :not only that, they had already started on the 2011 version before this hit the shelves. F1 series seems to be just another cash cow for them. any patches in the pipeline?

Sorry to quote you, I could quote anyone saying it's a Codies rush job, but has anyone actually thought that it could be something to do with the FIA? Reading the dev blogs and Q&A stuff it seems they're very limited with some things by what the FIA say, an example is in multiplayer codies were only allowed to allow 1 car per team instead of 2 due to an FIA license restriction.

Also the way the FIA are they probably wanted the game out before Singapore and not a day later, if it was delayed then maybe they'd have the F1 license taken off them.

Personally I'm happy with this game, I never went into it with the view that it'd be a sim, just a good fun game, and that's exactly what it is. Yes it's full of bugs, but that could be down to what I've said above too, lack of testing time. Reserve judgement until F1 2011 or a patch for 2010, that's all I'm doing.
Quote from Mustafur :The main problem imo the game can easily frustrate you when you get weak spin outs that are impossible to correct that make little to no sence.

Spin outs can be easily stopped by just jamming the brakes on
Sad but true - hit the brakes and you'll end up facing the right direction. With practice (i.e. after it's happened twice) you'll automatically go down the gears and be off before you know you've 'spun'.

If you could look in your mirrors (not possible in all the cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) you'd be able to block the following cars from passing you. In the Ferrari I start weaving madly just in case.
Quote from mr_x :Personally I'm happy with this game, I never went into it with the view that it'd be a sim, just a good fun game, and that's exactly what it is. Yes it's full of bugs, but that could be down to what I've said above too, lack of testing time. Reserve judgement until F1 2011 or a patch for 2010, that's all I'm doing.

Could not have said it better, my exact same views.
Quote :Practice & Qualifying AI
In practice & qualifying (P&Q) there are two fundamental issues which have meant that we had to make some implementation decisions for the AI in F1 2010. These two issues are our jump-to-sector feature and the fast-forward feature that is available on the car monitor in the garage. The latter prevents us from simulating the actual AI travelling around the track 100% of the time as we cannot accurately simulate 24 cars where we have accelerated the passage of time by as much as a factor of 30. With 30 times speedup, we cannot simulate car physics at 6000+mph without losing some fidelity. We therefore implemented a system whereby the AI times in such circumstances are calculated based on a ‘football management” style simulation model. Using this model all of the race factors, such as the car, driver, weather, tyres, engine, track conditions, traffic are all taken into account and a lap time is produced

Ahahahha
Anyone noticed the Random ghost cars in race?

Also, on the 360 version, the back markers sometimes get away without pitting and you get people like Chandhok winning the race on 20% race length.
Quote from Mustafur :Anyone noticed the Random ghost cars in race?

Also, on the 360 version, the back markers sometimes get away without pitting and you get people like Chandhok winning the race on 20% race length.

Two posts above yours....Read the link.
Another issue is the back markers pace, during the race they all lap considerably faster then in qualiy.

When you have people like chandhok not doing a pit stop they are still lapping at a rate which is equilivent to a front runner but then they randomly drop off the pace near the finish.
I thought I heard something about manual pitting in this game? I cannot figure out how to do it. The only "manual" thing I'm seeing during pitting is throttle control....
Quote from SidiousX :I thought I heard something about manual pitting in this game? I cannot figure out how to do it. The only "manual" thing I'm seeing during pitting is throttle control....

That IS the manual control I would imagine.
So i just got DR2 whos for a friendly game or mass zombie genocide? :P

But more importantly how close is this patch to wrinkle out these fails?
Two MUST have mods to make the game twenty times better than default.

Updated cameras - http://www.racedepartment.com/ ... hongs-tcams-cockpits.html

These increase the FOV in the cockpit and allow more cars to have useful mirrors. It's quite brilliant. I think the cameras are also static, rather than the silly vibration thing, so no more head aches!!!

Also, this lighting mod is now 'finished' and makes the game so much nicer to look at, and increases the difference between overcast and clear, so you can plan strategies much more accurately.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224527
Nice..been using the better lighting mod since yesterday and it's 100x better than the crappy original lighting. The new camera views are the best yet.

Now all we need is someone to sort the FFB out and we'll be getting somewhere. Tried one modded FFB file but it wasn't very good. Hopefully well get a few more in the near future.

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG