The online racing simulator
That's because in Grid they concentrated more on damage and rewind features than physics, car models and textures. With GT it's the other way around.
And yet again, excuses, GT5 claimed to be the best on all levels, as Kaz famously said they won't do anything unless they can do it "perfectly".......just another sign they mismanaged the project and came up short of their expectations.
Yeah it's an excuse and a completely valid one. Most hardcore GT fans would want physics and realistic handling before some damage. Thankfully they prioritised with that before having a go at damage. What they've done looks pretty good, I don't really understand your problem. Just sounds like your knit-picking. We don't even know all of the details yet but you immediately put it down as junk after a few screenshots. If it's such a horrible horrible thing that PD have not put in photo-realistic damage, without modelling every tiny incy wincy little piece of the car to break off, then just don't buy it. Surely you didn't expect Codemasters' level of damage for every single car in GT5? That would just be daft.
How would that be daft? It is suppose to be the king of all console sims by a country mile. Not that they have perfected the handling and physics either.

I don't see what's different between knit-picking faults and fanboys getting an erection over a piece of front splitter seemingly flapping in few frames of animated GIF......just different end of the same problem, being too hyped up by a game.

I am on the fence about buying it, it will be down to whether my mate races it, more than anything.
I am far from a fanboy. I mainly play iRacing. It is daft because being the "king" of console sims, does not mean it should have the best damage. iRacing is in my opinion the king of racing sims at the moment, but the damage is in some cases frustratingly poor. They haven't perfected handling and physics, no, but then name me a sim that has? The physics and handling have certainly improved, going by the TT demo from a while ago, and that matters more than damage, not that I really see the problem with the damage that they have done.

You're seriously knit-picking at small faults just because people are hyped up by this game? What did you expect? There are loads of GT fans that have been so eagerly anticipating the release. You thought fans of the series were going to just ignore it?

I hope your mates don't race it, that way you won't buy it and will have nothing to complain about!
Quote from JJ72 :How would that be daft? It is suppose to be the king of all console sims by a country mile. Not that they have perfected the handling and physics either.

I don't see what's different between knit-picking faults and fanboys getting an erection over a piece of front splitter seemingly flapping in few frames of animated GIF......just different end of the same problem, being too hyped up by a game.

I am on the fence about buying it, it will be down to whether my mate races it, more than anything.

Seriously mate.. look how detailed these Premium cars are.. you really expected that each one of them crumples and looses parts in real-time? Just imagine how hard is it to do that.. And how much of your racing time will you spend looking at the damage? If i loose the car in a 1 hour online race, in the first corner and smash it in the wall.. the last thing i would do is to see how beatifully my car wrecked.. i would be too pissed at myself for the mistake to care about that..
You really are nitpicking.. we might finally get a GT game that you can call a sim, with awesome looking real cars and tracks, the best cars you can think of...
Quote from JJ72 :And yet again, excuses, GT5 claimed to be the best on all levels, as Kaz famously said they won't do anything unless they can do it "perfectly".......just another sign they mismanaged the project and came up short of their expectations.

So this is the first game ever that has stretched the truth slightly and hyped a little?...

Everything released on the Xbox is overhyped and never turns out how we are told it will be...

GT5 will still be miles ahead of any other racing game out there even if it does only have a few interior views...

A Track editor, B-Mode, Karting, Support for almost any steering wheel, Over 1000 cars that all look great, Day/Night/Weather, Nothing comes close to offering even 1/2 the features GT5 has...

Also, All we have seen so far is a few cars in Arcade mode and its still looking excellent... Theres still most of the game to be shown and i doubt it will disappoint...
hidden barriers
There are no barriers there on Indy, at least when I last played it during the Time Trial. It's like it's getting kicked by an invisible leg

Maybe some suspension damage glitch physics

edit - it's from this demo video. The damage doesn't show up in the replay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm2gFLrMHyI
Funny as hell
Damage isn't really that important, it's only important in the sense that it stops you from rail riding or crashing to gain an advantage, rail riding was possible in GT before but if you really wreck into something/someone you would pay the price anyway.
Quote from a report back in 2004 from the Toyko Game Show then
Kaz had planned for damage in GT5 even before was GT4 was released
And he got the Eye Toy in for head tracking.

Hoping for a big blow out next week at TGS like it was for GT4

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20041109/gt4.htm

Quote :-Damage in "GT5?" PSP "Gran Turismo Mobile" to be released next Spring

There was no comment regarding "GT4's" online support besides "in the near future." Also, regarding the EyeToy support, "that is more or less an experiment. I don't think the next-gen trick will be achieved using the same thing as now, but in the 'GT5' future, I would like to include image recognition somehow influencing the game. 'GT4' does basically everything the PS2 can do. I think we almost 'did too much' in regards to scope too."

As for the prospects of the future, Mr. Yamauchi said, "I think the presentation of damage is extremely important for representation of reality. Completing this will require a great effort on our part. This is the theme of 'GT5.' I want it to be so that when you crash into a wall, the car will be deformed according to fundamental physics calculations. Please anticipate 'GT5.'"

Haha, invisible barriers eh?
Nice number plate on that real car...
I'm impressed how similiar that looks. Definately prefer this real-time damage system, even though it looks silly sometimes..
though the light pierced through the bodywork but other than that it looks ok I guess
Quote from G!NhO :That looks totally the same.

except the gt5 bumper is made of wobbly jellly or something
well this damage is MUCH better than nothing
Yeah, if by nothing, you mean pretty much everything... in simulations genre.. Am i on NFS or LFS forum here? :rolleyes:
Even if it does look a little "jelly" it's great looking. How they managed to implent damage to cars that is this much detailed, aswell as ensuring 60FPS with the PS3 hardware is beyound me.
So, the date is getting closer and closer. Im a total n00b regarding console pricing, any idea how much the bundle will cost?

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG