The online racing simulator
Quote from Macfox :
Something has to change. Either there's a significant release, or the devs give some time frame.

I can understand why they are so quite.

What if it's not possible to set a timeframe...

Or the 'promised' release date couldn't be made... (writen lfs history)
It's over 2000!
The end is coming... :scared:
I want to try out Scirocco in Live For Speed before the end of the world! :tired:
17-12-2010 listen to my word brotha's!
new tank cap will come out?
I wonder if the Scirocco will be modeled from under...
Quote from deggis :The devs basically stopped or reduced giving updates because any mention of some new idea would in the end lead to more whining if the idea didn't materialize or deliver in promised time like the VW... but they certainly do not have problems with ignoring* the whining right now for another reason. They probably won't change this but I think it's better to have whining about a patch that was delayed (at least it shows the game is alive) than bitching about lack of communication and going even as far as declaring the game dead.

* I mean like not allowing it to affect everything they do

Whining's going to happen no matter what. The thing is, though, that if you post good and numerous updates, you'll have the whining of only the easily pissed off people, that won't be happy with the actual content of those update. If, however, you post next to no updates (the current situation), you get a lot more people pissed off, as the current situation prooves.

To me, there's also a matter of respect in there. I mean, people who bother to come on the forums very often, in some cases daily, definitely have admiration for the work that's been done, and I'm sure I'm not the only one sad about the lack of progress and updates. I know we all paid and they don't owe us anything, but I'm just saying that if I had this great a number of followers hoping for me to work on something, I'd at least keep them updated on my progress.
Quote from boosterfire :Whining's going to happen no matter what.

Precisely.

Quote :
To me, there's also a matter of respect in there.

I agree with you there. Your post hit the nail (if there's one to be hit) right on the head. Allegedly, the code of silence is probably due to a lot of forum negativity, and yet the man himself has stated that he really isn't influenced by the forum - and yet that's clearly not the case. Unless it is, in fact, total indifference which would be a rather pompous mindset I suppose.

But, it's all a moot point anyway isn't it!
i must say i've had enough.

to the devs (who don't read the threads anymore)

on this kinda time scale since the last propper update, and soon 2 years from promising the scirocco and the new tyre physics, it's quite evident that you guy's have stopped giving a shit about the game and have quit.

post that update! or are you affraid that people will stop buying the game?

it's so outdated already that it's hard to think why people would even buy it anymore!

just admit it! it's over.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from boosterfire :Whining's going to happen no matter what. The thing is, though, that if you post good and numerous updates, you'll have the whining of only the easily pissed off people, that won't be happy with the actual content of those update. If, however, you post next to no updates (the current situation), you get a lot more people pissed off, as the current situation prooves.

My post might have been confusing but that was my point
-
(BlackEye) DELETED by BlackEye : Since there's no announcementa any more, no point in my post too :)
I was waiting quietly lately, but it's getting stressful Would be nice to hear from Scawen what has been already done from the to-do things listed in the last progress report and why only that much. Over 7 months passed and all we hear is "talk to the hand".

Strage thing about LFS is that customers have to lick asses of developers, not contrarywise.

At the moment it's like:
customers: give us S3 content we want to pay for it so much! please!
developers: *ignorance*
customers: we can pay for it without even knowing what will it contain, please let us pay you!
customers: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

It should be like:
developers: hey LFSers! we have released today a first LFS patch with S3 content, you can start buying S3 licenses!
customers: *ignorance*
developers: anyone?
developers: come on, it has new menu buttons, arrows, Rockinghamseses, trash cans and even more
developers: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

Quote from suomitoisia :i must say i've had enough.

to the devs (who don't read the threads anymore)

on this kinda time scale since the last propper update, and soon 2 years from promising the scirocco and the new tyre physics, it's quite evident that you guy's have stopped giving a shit about the game and have quit.

post that update! or are you affraid that people will stop buying the game?

it's so outdated already that it's hard to think why people would even buy it anymore!

just admit it! it's over.

The devs never promised that.
Quote from Flame CZE :The devs never promised that.

He is right though , the only signs of life is that the servers are not empty and people still post in this forum .

The signs of life are that the users are still active , i have said it before if your first point of contact with LFS was the official web site how could you not conclude that the sim essentially is over and out?

Would you upon looking at the date of the last update (thats website update) was years ago even bother downloading the trial or heading to the forums?

And before everyone jumps in and rips what i have said to shreds i am not asking for anything or whining about content .
Quote from Amynue :I was waiting quietly lately, but it's getting stressful Would be nice to hear from Scawen what has been already done from the to-do things listed in the last progress report and why only that much. Over 7 months passed and all we hear is "talk to the hand".

Strage thing about LFS is that customers have to lick asses of developers, not contrarywise.

At the moment it's like:
customers: give us S3 content we want to pay for it so much! please!
customers: we can pay for it without even knowing what will it contain, please let us pay you!
customers: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

It should be like:
developers: hey LFSers! we have released today a first LFS patch with S3 content, you can start buying S3 licenses!
developers: anyone?
developers: come on, it has new menu buttons, arrows, Rockinghamseses, trash cans and even more
developers: FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

That is not true, but very funny
Quote from richo :if your first point of contact with LFS was the official web site how could you not conclude that the sim essentially is over and out?

You're right, but it just means that most people who buy LFS hear about it through word of mouth and/or visiting the forums.
I'm sure it's cost them some sales though. It mustn't concern the dev(s) though, or they would have done something about it. Their call.

In terms of updating the community on development progress... yes it's time they did it.
Quote from Flame CZE :The devs never promised that.

Why keep peddling this lie?

Quote from Scawen :
Hello LFS Racers.

We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December.

That plan was later scrapped.

Quote from Scawen :
Hello Racers.

We are sorry to have to announce that the VW Scirocco will not be released this week as planned.

Quote from Macfox :Why keep peddling this lie?

I'm sorry, but planning =/= promising. Anyway, I don't think that arguing on words would be productive in the end.
The difference is negligible. Let's not split hairs.
I think it's a massively difference. I plan to win my championship this year, but I can't promise it. I plan to have sex tonight, but I can't promise it. I plan to enjoy my lunch break in the sun today, but I can't promise it.

Since when is LFS 'out of date'?
Quote from Macfox :Why keep peddling this lie?

That makes no sense.

You say that he lied and then prove that he actually said the truth?
Because in his book "promise" and "plan" isn't that much different in meaning.
Oh well, show must go on.
If you drink the drink I give you, that won't matter.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG